It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are boys 'broken'?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Original sin is simply rebellion against God and both Adam and Eve rebelled. Notice that it took two to tango there.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Judging by what parents let young girls wear in public, parents and young girls are broken.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero
a reply to: luthier

Actually I forgot to add that if extra income is wanted or needed then both would work. My dad loved my sister and I as much as my mom did, he coached my baseball teams. He was also the reason I was raised a gentleman and never once raised my hand to a woman. I once bowed up to my mom when I was around 13 and he put me against the wall and told me if I was man enough to bow up to my mom then he'd most certainly give me the opportunity to fight him like a man. Mom couldn't have stopped me, I was already bigger than her. Without him, there's no telling where I'd be today. My kids run over their mom all the time but never attempt to run over me and we use the same discipline. A father figure is detrimental to most families. Again, the man and woman have different skill sets and both are needed in a family. Neither should be viewed as equal in all aspects.

That is great.

So what if your wife can make more money than you and let's say you have triplets as a fluke. Do you still go to work even though she makes 3 times your income or do you adapt to your circumstance and possibly become the primary care provider?
edit on 20-2-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
What's broken is...
The state allows young boys with developing minds to be prescribed psychotropics and SSR's. Meanwhile telling them being rambunctious is bad.

Why is this common thread between most shooters never discussed?

Could it be the MSM gets a large portion of it's advertising revenue from the pharmaceutical companies that make these mind altering drigs?
Makes one think...

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You forgot the empty self-esteem. They are fed all kinds of empty self-esteem.

"Oh look! Little Johnny handed in his spelling paper! He gets an A!" (No one will mention that little Johnny spelled more than half of the words wrong. He gets the A for handing it in.)

"Oh look! Little Suzie ran that race! She gets a blue ribbon like all the other kids!" (No one will mention that Suzie finished 15 out of 10 kids. She gets the blue like everyone else just for running the race.)

So they feel all great about themselves until they really have achieve something, and then they can't do it, and they can't cope and fall apart when they realize that last place isn't good enough in the real world.

Kids need to earn their self-esteem. They need to feel good based on real achievements they've earned themselves or else it's all just a house of cards ready to come crashing down the first time it's all challenged.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Xtrozero

You forgot the empty self-esteem. They are fed all kinds of empty self-esteem.

"Oh look! Little Johnny handed in his spelling paper! He gets an A!" (No one will mention that little Johnny spelled more than half of the words wrong. He gets the A for handing it in.)

"Oh look! Little Suzie ran that race! She gets a blue ribbon like all the other kids!" (No one will mention that Suzie finished 15 out of 10 kids. She gets the blue like everyone else just for running the race.)

So they feel all great about themselves until they really have achieve something, and then they can't do it, and they can't cope and fall apart when they realize that last place isn't good enough in the real world.

Kids need to earn their self-esteem. They need to feel good based on real achievements they've earned themselves or else it's all just a house of cards ready to come crashing down the first time it's all challenged.

And then they look on instagram and twitter and they just don't have the highlight real of awesome everyone else does. And it gets compounded.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
When we talk about Toxic Masculinity, you're talking about that ideal of the 80s movies. Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Willis, Ford, Norris...things are changing and most of our male rolemodels, at least in movies are becoming more fully formed and realistic and flawed.

I think, if anything, Toxic Maculinity is on the decline...overall. With a few exceptions.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Are boys 'broken'?

No more or less so than the other 56 genders that apparently exist, in fact, other than little humans who parents and TVs have insisted they 'identify' as the opposite of their birth genetics, boys are only as broken as their parents' inability to proactively and positively child-rear.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

There are biological components not being discussed. Mutations and environmental pressures from water and food pollution as well as pharmaceutical drugs that pass through the womb to a fetus.

It's an extremely complex issue. Personally I imagine we will find the same thing effecting fish, frogs, and mamals in the wild are also effecting human development.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

edit on 20-2-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If I let my daughters have free reign over the TV, this is what they would watch all day long... and they don't even wear make-up.

The media has warped our kids brains.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I wouldn't say young white, CIS Males are broken.

I would say no one gives a damn when they are hurting though.

They just aren't a special interest group in the same way that non white, non CIS non males are, there is very little in the way of support for them unless they are seriously ill, by which time it's usually too late to mitigate the damage they suffered.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Amazing, isn't it?

Not many other groups are told to "get over it", except for little boys--they're expected to get over it, change with the times, etc...

More and more, I'm glad I grew up when I did--when I was allowed, even encouraged, to be a little boy and skin my knees, play in the creek, pick up snakes, etc...

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yeah. I grew up in a "Get over it" era.
Mostly worked out for me.
I had a great family situation though and proper role models. Kids today so often lack that and, when it comes to white kids, so many people in a position to help them buy into the white privilege bull that they turn their backs on them to focus on the sort of kids their prejudices prefer, leaving them hanging.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Wayfarer

I really need to provide statistics to prove women have 100% of all abortions performed? Really? Only women can experience pregnancy... biology is the support for my statement.

Your statement actually was, "100% of abortions are performed at the demand of a female" which is not what you just said above. The implication is that women are the ones who demand the abortion, when in fact I am 100% certain that men often request or provide input to their partners to have abortions too. Perhaps you meant to word that differently? Surely you can see my umbrage at your earlier posts example? Now again I ask that you please explain to me how my argument wasn't sensible or an example of misandry.....
edit on 08pm18fpmTue, 20 Feb 2018 17:26:52 -0600America/ChicagoTue, 20 Feb 2018 17:26:52 -0600 by Wayfarer because: grammar

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
When we talk about Toxic Masculinity, you're talking about that ideal of the 80s movies. Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Willis, Ford, Norris...things are changing and most of our male rolemodels, at least in movies are becoming more fully formed and realistic and flawed.

I think, if anything, Toxic Maculinity is on the decline...overall. With a few exceptions.

Alternatively, modern movies are teaching boys to be angsty and self-doubting, rather than bold and adventurous.

It all depends on your perspective. If I had boys, I'd rather they want to be Indiana Jones that Edward flippin' Cullen (or whatever his name is).

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: SprocketUK

More and more, I'm glad I grew up when I did--when I was allowed, even encouraged, to be a little boy and skin my knees, play in the creek, pick up snakes, etc...

Well that does it, I'm building a time machine and going back to report your parents to social services *shock*horror*gasp*

Not right now, of course. First I need to touch up my manscara and re-sculpt my ironic beard, before heading out to buy some more skinny jeans. I'll get right on it after that, though.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Its not American males, its males in general

It’s the reason the philosopher and mystic Lao Tzu said, men should be more like woman

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

Alternatively, modern movies are teaching boys to be angsty and self-doubting, rather than bold and adventurous.

It all depends on your perspective. If I had boys, I'd rather they want to be Indiana Jones that Edward flippin' Cullen (or whatever his name is).

Yeah, but that's two extremes. We'd all like them to be in the middle. Thoughtful, Assertive, Caring, Motivated, Kind, Strong, inquisitive, Self Confident, Well adjusted, outgoing etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yeah, but that's two extremes. We'd all like them to be in the middle. Thoughtful, Assertive, Caring, Motivated, Kind, Strong, inquisitive, Self Confident, Well adjusted, outgoing etc.

True, but they make for really boring fictional heros...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join