It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are boys 'broken'?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: neo96

The ugly truth is there are probably 12-15 elements of causation to our "problem" but the American people (and the American media) aren't equipped to have discussions around this number of variables. We have been systematically dumbed down to such a point that we can only discuss one variable at a time at any scale larger than a small group of less than seven people.

Well said.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Xtrozero

I agree something is broken, but I suspect it has far more to with the adults.

Been writing about this for years. A Conspiracy Against Children: Exactly who is out of control?

A thirteen year old thread that over the course of the next ten years, sort of proved my point.

Today kids can't even play tag because it is too aggressive. They do not get grades in school until like middle school because it creates too much of a competitive atmosphere. Kids play sports and do not see a score for good number of years because of the same. If a kid points his finger and says bang that is a suspension add in any number of other actions that do the same. They live a life under pure PASSIVE AGRESSESNESS until they are thrown out into the real world that basically eats them alive in a huge WTF scenario that makes them curl up into the fetal position or freak out in some very strange way such as a school shooting.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

Way to continue to miss my point. It's like you believe all of history is comprised of only your lifetime or something and refuse to understand why certain traditions are the way they are or why certain things considered "disrespectful" are considered so while not considered so for the opposite gender doing the same thing.

To be honest, I didn't expect to even need to explain my point to you. It's not even arguable that women have had a #ty experience throughout history being told there is something wrong with them just because they are women.

Where do you get this from? When were men telling women there was something wrong with them?

Original sin

It's pretty much a defining feature of the Christian religion. That's just one example.

Uhh, I was raised in a Southern Baptist church and I've never once heard that men believe there's something wrong with women.

Just because you've never heard of it doesn't mean it isn't true.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not to mention nearly all world religions. Why did you just single out Christianity?

I did originally. Original sin is just the biggest one in my head and the easiest example.

So how do the Republicans and Democrats factor into how Abrahamic religions have been demonizing women since their inception? Things like "original sin" or forcing them to basically be property to men. I wonder how the Democrats are responsible for women having to wear tons of clothes and are told to be ashamed to show off skin.

edit on 20-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

After Harvey Weinstein's abuse scandal...

One needs to wonder what part of this was the scandal..

Go back 5 years or less and old Harvey's actions were 100% seen as a norm in Hollywood. He used women to his likings and women used him to their likings. They even joked about it openly as ALL of Hollywood saw men play women and women played men as a normal course of action.

This has also played out into once again this huge passive aggressive environment that over shadows a huge amount of the progress liberal world now as they look for anything and everything that can be label as part of this whole inappropriate behavior event, and have you noticed everyone of them wants to be a #AndMeToo member anyway they can.

edit on 20-2-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Apologies if I've missed something obvious, but have there been any mass/school shootings perpetuated by females?

I don't like Mondays. Look it up

And op I don't envy any child or teen that has to navigate today's world. Been thinking about it a lot. My daughter is 5 so she is just starting. Could not imagine dealing with the social bull# of today.

www.statista.com...

I'm just reaffirming that while y'all are getting your panties in a bunch over the article, there seems to be evidence to suggest this is almost entirely a male driven issue. Has anyone actually bothered to understand what the article is saying or did your brains just shut off at the title?

100% of abortions are performed at the demand of a female. See how that works? Wanna join the rest of us in a sensible conversation, or do you want to carry your march of misandry further down the pat a bit further?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
a reply to: loam

Loam, I have respected your contributions to these forums for many years, but with all due respect, your OP does more to illustrate the problem you highlight than it does to resolve the problem.

Do you not see that?

With equal respect, let me respond.

I'm assuming your objection is to one or both of these phrases: "this kind of thinking makes me want to perpetrate some toxic masculinity of my own on people who subscribe to this perspective" and/or "spiting nails over this repulsive nonsense".

From either of those two phrases you arrive at "fly off the handle"?

Let me ask why you don't see an equal peril in teaching young boys to consistently suppress verbal expressions of their own feelings because how they might say something would place them equally into the same camp as actual violent offenders?

When my son 'flies of the handle' about some general thing, I wait until he's finished, and rather than focus on the words he chose, I focus on the meaning he tried to convey, using better words and without the distraction of his form over substance. He's a child, after all. I don't expect him to express his feelings flawlessly.

Now, that is not to say that I don't address how he speaks directly to people. In that case, the form is the substance.

I can't help but feel like what you have essentially said is that 'real men' don't bitch, which frankly is not that much further from 'real men' don't cry.

Returning to my own statement, saying "makes me want to perpetrate some toxic masculinity of my own" is neither a specific threat or a form of violence. It is a mere expression, however tasteless anyone might find it.

edit on 20-2-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Attack males for their existence and the frustration of their situation will manifest again.

Women have flaws in their human nature that effect society. Why not speak to that so no one is actually being singled out and arbitrarily being treated differently.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Apologies if I've missed something obvious, but have there been any mass/school shootings perpetuated by females?

I don't like Mondays. Look it up

And op I don't envy any child or teen that has to navigate today's world. Been thinking about it a lot. My daughter is 5 so she is just starting. Could not imagine dealing with the social bull# of today.

www.statista.com...

I'm just reaffirming that while y'all are getting your panties in a bunch over the article, there seems to be evidence to suggest this is almost entirely a male driven issue. Has anyone actually bothered to understand what the article is saying or did your brains just shut off at the title?

100% of abortions are performed at the demand of a female. See how that works? Wanna join the rest of us in a sensible conversation, or do you want to carry your march of misandry further down the pat a bit further?

I'm not sure how you're conflating my post (which contained the relevant statistics to back up my assertion) with an unsupported statement. How is that the same thing? Also please explain how I'm not being sensible or a misandrist. I would expect the very least from you as a moderator.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

As a whole group, obviously this idiot couldn't be further from the truth if he tried.

Individuals? Obviously.

Just another example, if any are needed, of coloring the whole with the actions of the minuscule minority.

"Toxic Masculinity". Whatever.

It's instances of someone with mental health issues, or just plain evil (course, that's something of a mental issue, I suppose.), deciding to attack their demons.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

...and there you have it.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Kids aren't broken, it's parenting.

My boys are fine, they play sports, do Karate, roughhouse, help those less fortunate, stand up to bullies, excel in school.

It's not boys/kids it's the parents.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

What could possibly go wrong with making young impressionable boys feel there is something inherently wrong with them?

You're talking about the Animal Cub issue. Boys are being broken, largely by trying to raise them like little girls. Boys are like cubs - they need the ability to indulge in a bit of play fighting, role playing, learning how to coexist with others before their body gives them a real set of teeth and claws an the muscles to use them. The adult's job is to teach them where to draw the line, stepping in when the overexcited nips become bites.

Instead, the (predominantly female) teaching profession run screaming to the (predominantly female) social services with safeguarding concerns, all because little Johnny wanted to play "armies" with his friends. Little Johnny doesn't realise that he's only allowed to act like the girls.

And then they wonder why some of those little boys, square pegs who have spent their formative years being forced into a round hole, without any of the coping mechanisms that childhood rough and tumble is supposed to teach them, turn into little uncontrolled and uncontrollable bombs.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Ah, but that attitude doesn't excuse their responsibility. Toxic Masculinity does.

They can, with the idiocy that is Toxic Masculinity, excuse their own failures as parents, assuming for a moment that their kids get into trouble--and are male. Of course, subscribing and actually believing this crap, I hope they don't have kids...if so, I pity the poor kids.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

In California, living alone by the time your 18 is not an option due to high housing prices.

To live in California, you have to either live with your parents, roommates, or have a high paying white collar job.

Trades is not an option here and is generally frown upon.
edit on 2/20/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I really need to provide statistics to prove women have 100% of all abortions performed? Really? Only women can experience pregnancy... biology is the support for my statement.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm raising a boy.

And God help anyone who tries to make him feel bad about that.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I think we may be on the same page here (or at least in the same book).

Your response to your son’s outburst is what one would expect of an adult, male or female. My point being to underline the vital importance that such a considered and measured response, coming from his Father, is essential as an example to your son.

He will learn as much, or more, from your actions as from your words.

My point being that the “anti-social” behavior we decry in today’s adolescent males may be less attributable to them being somehow “broken” than to our failure to properly “assemble” them.

It has nothing to do with “feminization” of boys by a hostile society, or even boys’ “natural instincts” to be “physical”: the former is a cop out by those who would, yet again, seek to point fingers and place blame on anyone but themselves, the latter, a gross generalization based on culturally in-bred assumptions regarding gender roles and identities.

It has everything to do with raising a child to become a responsible, compassionate, independent, and productive adult.
edit on 20-2-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

"I think it means that there is something going on with American men that is giving them the permission and space to commit violence,"

I wonder what that something could be. This is mass social engineering. Wake up! Boys are not broken. The deep state is!

RIP Milton William Cooper who wrote behold a Pale Horse. He died very shorty after predicting 911 and Bin Laden

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I can agree with most of that.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join