It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are boys 'broken'?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Believe me ... I may have been a girl, but I had Div I collegiate level athletic talent myself. I also needed a certain amount of movement too. I finally caught the knack of just mentally checking out which wasn't much better.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: Wayfarer

a reply to: Wayfarer

Are you actually saying that if a girl wants to be a kickboxer or a Marine Force Recon, and a boy wants to be a home-maker/househusband, you're ok with that?

why would you automatically assume that?

his point is OBVIOUSLY that being masculine and having traditional male qualities is not bad as your trying to suggest or toxic, ugh that term in itself is disgusting

Because the term 'Boys will be Boys' has often been an excuse to mask unacceptable behavior.

I'm assuming you mean 2 young men let's say around 10-13 years old getting into a little scuffle at school right?

Or, I dunno, harassing women, shaming boys who don't conform to their idea of toughness etc etc. it's literally the justification of the 'locker room talk' Trump was recorded as saying re grabbing women by the pu##y...the goddamn POTUS speaking that way and excusing the behavior as something dudes 'just do' and is totally fine smh.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

I have seen a reason for guys to learn how to apply makeup. World class level makeup artist talent does often practice on themselves, and that means the guys, gay or straight.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: soberbacchus

Because everything the poster I replied to was saying is that no real woman needs a man for anything except maybe a sperm donor.

Hey, don't underestimate the value of sperm. Without it humankind vanishes from the planet.

I don't know about you, but I do need my husband. Sure, I could fend for myself and our son if I had to, but he's my partner and a pillar of my emotional support. Without him, I'd be half of myself.

And??

So here's my little boy growing up with a strong bonded pair of parents in front of him and I'm being told that society is sending the message that he ought not expect to find, want, or need what he expects or desires in his future -- a spouse who loves, wants him, and needs him and will build a bond of mutual emotional support with him for the purposes of forming a strong family.

I am confused?
You think that society is "sending the message" that people will not "love" or "want" or "need" one another in the future?
That makes the "War on Christmas" seem like a rational fear in comparison.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CajunMetal

Are you actually saying that if a girl wants to be a kickboxer or a Marine Force Recon, and a boy wants to be a home-maker/househusband, you're ok with that?

his point is OBVIOUSLY that being masculine and having traditional male qualities is not bad as your trying to suggest or toxic, ugh that term in itself is disgusting

Because the term 'Boys will be Boys' has often been an excuse to mask unacceptable behavior.

I'm assuming you mean 2 young men let's say around 10-13 years old getting into a little scuffle at school right?

Or, I dunno, harassing women, shaming boys who don't conform to their idea of toughness etc etc. it's literally the justification of the 'locker room talk' Trump was recorded as saying re grabbing women by the pu##y...the goddamn POTUS speaking that way and excusing the behavior as something dudes 'just do' and is totally fine smh.

You act like the mean girls don't do their own version.

Somehow it's toxic when guys do it, but no one wants to talk about what it's like for the mean girls to dig into you because you don't choose to wear makeup, can't afford the "right" clothing, and happen to be bookish rather than a pretty piece of driftwood for the guys.

How is that much different from being shamed for not being masculine enough, only in this case, you aren't feminine enough?

The only reason they finally left me alone was because I was an athlete and got to where I was too prominent to pick on easy.

And you think girls don't talk about guys' butts and other body parts like they're sides of man-meat? If you claim not, then you're lying.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Believe me ... I may have been a girl, but I had Div I collegiate level athletic talent myself. I also needed a certain amount of movement too. I finally caught the knack of just mentally checking out which wasn't much better.

me too, I've been super blessed physically and mentally, I do have challenges but they are nothing in comparison to others

god gave me a world class athletic ability and an intelligence to match... I just feel the need to stand up to boys who are being told that being themselves is wrong

sick of that nonsense

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: SprocketUK

Amazing, isn't it?

Not many other groups are told to "get over it", except for little boys--they're expected to get over it, change with the times, etc...

More and more, I'm glad I grew up when I did--when I was allowed, even encouraged, to be a little boy and skin my knees, play in the creek, pick up snakes, etc...

#MeToo

Me and my neighbor/best friend would ride our bike in circles in the middle of the road in front of one of our houses and see who could bump the other's back tire to wobble out of control and fall down. We would run through trails we made in the woods behind his house and at the back of the trail was a clearing and a tall skinny tree that had blown over in a storm. Together we'd pick it up and then one of us would run as fast as we could while the other let it fall and act like Rambo as we ran out of the way of it. We'd climb the gumball tree in his front yard and then run to the pear tree in the back and grab a pear to eat. We'd smash several of the hundreds of matchbox cars we had with one of the iron wagon wheels that were at the end of my driveway and act like they all got in a wreck. All day during the summer and all the time after school unless it was too cold or stormy. Then we'd be inside playing Super Mario, Contra, Double Dragon, or Ninja Gaiden on the NES. Those were the most memorable days of my life. That was in the 80's and early 90's until he started driving (he was a year and half older than me). Then we'd ride around our town or the neighboring town for hours on $5 of gas.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

this is the rhetoric of beta males

it's ok to be that way there's nothing wrong with it but they feel that the world should bend to their insecurities and that's not going to work

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

No, I mean a young man raping a young woman.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

oh right I forgot all conversations with liberals default to rape

give me a fricken break there is no rape culture most men detest rapist and weirdos thats why they get killed in prison

this false every man is rapist crap is just that, crap

ughhh.... heavy bag time

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Masculinity? Men have their clear nature and purpose, just like Women do. I think if you can embrace and celebrate your gender while treating women, lgbt etc. with equal respect and value, it works.

How do you have a "clear nature and purpose" when you aren't even allowed to know for sure what place on the so-called spectrum you fall on with which orientation that may have?

Explain that "clear nature and purpose" you get then, please ...

I figured out where I was on the Spectrum the first time I saw Farrah Faucet on Charlie's Angels

If you expect American Culture to determine if your boys are gay or straight, then you might have some honest conversations ahead of you. We are what we are.

What gender we are attracted to is not something that is taught.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Somehow it's toxic when guys do it, but no one wants to talk about what it's like for the mean girls to dig into you because you don't choose to wear makeup, can't afford the "right" clothing, and happen to be bookish rather than a pretty piece of driftwood for the guys.

How is that much different from being shamed for not being masculine enough, only in this case, you aren't feminine enough?

The only reason they finally left me alone was because I was an athlete and got to where I was too prominent to pick on easy.

And you think girls don't talk about guys' butts and other body parts like they're sides of man-meat? If you claim not, then you're lying.

Not having the right clothes/makeup so you can attract a guy caters to it, yes. The idea of women being catty because they're in competition? For what? To attract a guy.

As a female athlete were you also teased for being too masculine? If so, there it is again.

Women sexualize men, too. But it's not a culture of naked men on billboards selling things, and it's not men who have to worry about being cat-called and harassed on the street everyday.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

give me a fricken break there is no rape culture most men detest rapist and weirdos thats why they get killed in prison

ughhh.... heavy bag time

www.cnn.com...

Brock Turner, who's dad said "Boys will be Boys". I'm not making things up (as much as you would like to believe that), and Brock wasn't the first in this scenario to have this defense used to excuse his behavior.

Jeeze, I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're serious. Its like a caricature of overcompensatory masculinity...

The real badass guys that I know don't have to proclaim to the world how badass or smart or athletic they are, the world can see it clearly...
edit on 08pm18fpmWed, 21 Feb 2018 16:29:54 -0600America/ChicagoWed, 21 Feb 2018 16:29:54 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Somehow it's toxic when guys do it, but no one wants to talk about what it's like for the mean girls to dig into you because

FULL STOP

Yes, Mean Girls is in fact a big topic amongst parents and educators and there are whole movements aimed at dealing with "mean girls". Everyone is talking about it.

Doesn't excuse men harassing women, which you seem to be deflecting from.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Boys are not broken they are more likely to be on SSRI drugs because though and those drugs should have never been allowed to be used.
Big pharma is too powerful to let this be the cause so they always blame the guns but if you read the list I will post from
heavenearthandman.wordpress.com... you will see that the drugs cause rage induced attacks with the weapons including baseball bats, axes, knives and yes guns.

Eric Harris age 17 (first on Zoloft then Luvox) and Dylan Klebold aged 18 (Columbine school shooting in Littleton, Colorado), killed 12 students and 1 teacher, and wounded 23 others, before killing themselves. Klebold’s medical records have never been made available to the public.

Jeff Weise, age 16, had been prescribed 60 mg/day of Prozac (three times the average starting dose for adults!) when he shot his grandfather, his grandfather’s girlfriend and many fellow students at Red Lake, Minnesota. He then shot himself. 10 dead, 12 wounded.

Cory Baadsgaard, age 16, Wahluke (Washington state) High School, was on Paxil (which caused him to have hallucinations) when he took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates hostage. He has no memory of the event.

Chris Fetters, age 13, killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac.

Christopher Pittman, age 12, murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft.

Mathew Miller, age 13, hung himself in his bedroom closet after taking Zoloft for 6 days.

Kip Kinkel, age 15, (on Prozac and Ritalin) shot his parents while they slept then went to school and opened fire killing 2 classmates and injuring 22 shortly after beginning Prozac treatment.

Luke Woodham, age 16 (Prozac) killed his mother and then killed two students, wounding six others.

A boy in Pocatello, ID (Zoloft) in 1998 had a Zoloft-induced seizure that caused an armed stand off at his school.

Michael Carneal (Ritalin), age 14, opened fire on students at a high school prayer meeting in West Paducah, Kentucky. Three teenagers were killed, five others were wounded..

A young man in Huntsville, Alabama (Ritalin) went psychotic chopping up his parents with an ax and also killing one sibling and almost murdering another.

Andrew Golden, age 11, (Ritalin) and Mitchell Johnson, aged 14, (Ritalin) shot 15 people, killing four students, one teacher, and wounding 10 others.

TJ Solomon, age 15, (Ritalin) high school student in Conyers, Georgia opened fire on and wounded six of his class mates.

Rod Mathews, age 14, (Ritalin) beat a classmate to death with a bat.

James Wilson, age 19, (various psychiatric drugs) from Breenwood, South Carolina, took a .22 caliber revolver into an elementary school killing two young girls, and wounding seven other children and two teachers.

Elizabeth Bush, age 13, (Paxil) was responsible for a school shooting in Pennsylvania

Jason Hoffman (Effexor and Celexa) – school shooting in El Cajon, California

Jarred Viktor, age 15, (Paxil), after five days on Paxil he stabbed his grandmother 61 times.

Chris Shanahan, age 15 (Paxil) in Rigby, ID who out of the blue killed a woman.

Jeff Franklin (Prozac and Ritalin), Huntsville, AL, killed his parents as they came home from work using a sledge hammer, hatchet, butcher knife and mechanic’s file, then attacked his younger brothers and sister.

Neal Furrow (Prozac) in LA Jewish school shooting reported to have been court-ordered to be on Prozac along with several other medications.

Kevin Rider, age 14, was withdrawing from Prozac when he died from a gunshot wound to his head. Initially it was ruled a suicide, but two years later, the investigation into his death was opened as a possible homicide. The prime suspect, also age 14, had been taking Zoloft and other SSRI antidepressants.

Alex Kim, age 13, hung himself shortly after his Lexapro prescription had been doubled.

Diane Routhier was prescribed Welbutrin for gallstone problems. Six days later, after suffering many adverse effects of the drug, she shot herself.

Billy Willkomm, an accomplished wrestler and a University of Florida student, was prescribed Prozac at the age of 17. His family found him dead of suicide – hanging from a tall ladder at the family’s Gulf Shore Boulevard home in July 2002.

Kara Jaye Anne Fuller-Otter, age 12, was on Paxil when she hung herself from a hook in her closet. Kara’s parents said “…. the damn doctor wouldn’t take her off it and I asked him to when we went in on the second visit. I told him I thought she was having some sort of reaction to Paxil…”)

Gareth Christian, Vancouver, age 18, was on Paxil when he committed suicide in 2002,
(Gareth’s father could not accept his son’s death and killed himself.)

Julie Woodward, age 17, was on Zoloft when she hung herself in her family’s detached garage.

Matthew Miller was 13 when he saw a psychiatrist because he was having difficulty at school. The psychiatrist gave him samples of Zoloft. Seven days later his mother found him dead, hanging by a belt from a laundry hook in his closet.

Kurt Danysh, age 18, and on Prozac, killed his father with a shotgun. He is now behind prison bars, and writes letters, trying to warn the world that SSRI drugs can kill.

Woody ____, age 37, committed suicide while in his 5th week of taking Zoloft. Shortly before his death his physician suggested doubling the dose of the drug. He had seen his physician only for insomnia. He had never been depressed, nor did he have any history of any mental illness symptoms.

A boy from Houston, age 10, shot and killed his father after his Prozac dosage was increased.

Hammad Memon, age 15, shot and killed a fellow middle school student. He had been diagnosed with ADHD and depression and was taking Zoloft and “other drugs for the conditions.”

Matti Saari, a 22-year-old culinary student, shot and killed 9 students and a teacher, and wounded another student, before killing himself. Saari was taking an SSRI and a benzodiazapine.

Steven Kazmierczak, age 27, shot and killed five people and wounded 21 others before killing himself in a Northern Illinois University auditorium. According to his girlfriend, he had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. Toxicology results showed that he still had trace amounts of Xanax in his system.

Finnish gunman Pekka-Eric Auvinen, age 18, had been taking antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more at Jokela High School – then he committed suicide.
Asa Coon from Cleveland, age 14, shot and wounded four before taking his own life. Court records show Coon was on Trazodone.

Jon Romano, age 16, on medication for depression, fired a shotgun at a teacher in his
New York high school.

Missing from list… 3 of 4 known to have taken these same meds….

What drugs was Jared Lee Loughner on, age 21…… killed 6 people and injuring 14 others in Tuscon, Az

What drugs was James Eagan Holmes on, age 24….. killed 12 people and injuring 59 others in Aurora Colorado

What drugs was Jacob Tyler Roberts on, age 22, killed 2 injured 1, Clackamas Or

What drugs was Adam Peter Lanza on, age 20, Killed 26 and wounded 2 in Newtown Ct
Roberts is the only one that I haven’t heard about being on drugs of some kind.

The person who compiled this list was killed in a car 'accident' I am more inclined to believe that it was a contracted hit to keep the info from going public.
Interesting but nor on the list was that Brenda Spencer -I don't like mondays- shooter was on antidepressants when she shot up the schoolyard..

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

see ya!!!!

good luck in fantasy land! gotta workout, work on my degree and wake up in the morning and help my dad run a construction business

that's how us toxic masculine men express ourselves as adults

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

There was a reason I was always out with the boys on the playground. I thought it was just because I was weird. Nope. It was just because I needed to move that much, and the other girls weren't like that for the most part.

Funny how the only other girls who did the same also wound up competing at something in college too.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I'm not.

I am pointing out that we have whole threads here devoted to the subject of what's wrong with MEN. Feminists scream endlessly about toxic masculinity as if it is a disease, but it has a counterpart which is very much NOT a media phenomena.

Why is that?

It's like devoting a ton of time to the oppression of women in Christianity while at the same time celebrating the garb women must wear in Islam as somehow being liberating.
edit on 21-2-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

see ya!!!!

good luck in fantasy land! gotta workout, work on my degree and wake up in the morning and help my dad run a construction business

that's how us toxic masculine men express ourselves as adults

See the last line of my previous post.....

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

ughhh.... heavy bag time

It's child molesters that are supposed to get summarily killed in prison. I'm sure there'd be far fewer rapists in prison (and outside of prison) if it were looked at as socially unacceptable as child molestation. As it is, boys will be boys, and hey she was asking for it because of how she was dressed right? It was her own fault for exciting the boys, right? Give ME a fricken break.

Interesting that in a convo about toxic masculinity you qualify your frustration/project masculinity by referring to your heavy bag. Not saying that's toxic, or that you're a dude, just interesting is all.
edit on 21-2-2018 by CajunMetal because: (no reason given)

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join