It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are boys 'broken'?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: soberbacchus

Modern American culture is busy teaching kids that there aren't boys and girls, just about 57 genders on a spectrum and several different sexual orientations to go with them.

No its not, its just starting to teach males that they don't have to conform to your idea of masculinity. The fact that you are getting so upset over this is more likely telling of your own issues.

wrong, it's literally built into the gene pool

the male human body is specifically engineered for war, we have it built into our musculature and skeletal frame, it's in our DNA, we have been a species at war for millenia and will continue to be so. it's not just an idea it's a fact of life history and material

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Wayfarer

you'll be begging for toxic masculinity to save your butt when something bad happens I promise you that, you'll be glad there toxic masculine men out there with guns willing to jump in the line of fire to help you when you need it

no doubt about it, you're probably glad that there is a bunch of toxic masculine men in our military doing there best to do what they think is right on the battlefield to

but go ahead and continue with this garbage

I can see how that would fit into your weird power fantasy, but no, I'm afraid not. I have no problem with the brave people who dedicate themselves to serving in our police/armed forces (and think they are deserving of every benefit we give them and then some), but I feel adequately capable of defending myself in personal conflicts in a majority of likely scenarios where their support is unavailable.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Modern American culture is busy teaching kids that there aren't boys and girls, just about 57 genders on a spectrum and several different sexual orientations to go with them.

No its not, its just starting to teach males that they don't have to conform to your idea of masculinity. The fact that you are getting so upset over this is more likely telling of your own issues.

Get over yourself.

I worry that my kid is being told he's being wrong for being who and what he is.

thank god this idea isn't spreading anymore thank god, people are starting to see through this charade and it's happening fast

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CajunMetal

Women used to be expected to not have a voice or hand in shaping their own lives, and to submit to that expectation of men.
Now men are no longer expected to be the protectors, they're expected to accept that women can protect themselves, do for themselves and their children, for instance. So what's this demonizing talk? In the words of Marcellus Wallace that sting you feel is "just pride f#ing with you".

You act like this is something that just changes last week and not the 1960s that we saw much of these changes. What we see as recent change is just an adjustment of social norms brought to us by Hollyweird that had their moral compass so far off from the norm that now they need huge deviations to get back on course, so to speak. This all just sucked in the rest of the country as 24/7 news and shows are pushing their agendas. I may be off, but I have never seen a casting couch and I have hired 100s of people, as example...lol

The biggest bullcrap here is the whole "poor as me" woman self induced label. I know for a fact that women use men as much as men use women, been that way forever, but to paint woman as helpless victims is a slap in their face...
edit on 21-2-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

yeah weird power fantasy

you mean someone who lives in the real world not some philosophical disney land where everything is magic and princes and princesses

link   

wrong, it's literally built into the gene pool

the male human body is specifically engineered for war, we have it built into our musculature and skeletal frame, it's in our DNA, we have been a species at war for millenia and will continue to be so. it's not just an idea it's a fact of life history and material

You are vaguely correct insomuch as violence is one of many evolutionary factors that contributed to our early rise amongst other species, however it sounds like you are lauding it as if it is an ideal to be sought after? Are you implying that in the perfect world there is always some good clean killing to be had, and we should revel in it? I would imagine most reasonable people would strive for world peace.....

link   
My personal view is that there is a problem with males, caused by suppressing masculinity. Poor young lads today have to survive by hiding their progression to manhood and for the very few it's just too much. Drives them crazy.

The solution is to let boys to be boys and girls to be girls, as nature intended.
edit on 21/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Get over yourself.

I worry that my kid is being told he's being wrong for being who and what he is.

Then you are worrying unnecessarily, and I would surmise its far more likely that your own ingrained prejudices and foibles are harming him than society.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
My personal view is that there is a problem with males, caused by suppressing masculinity. Poor young lads today have to survive by hiding their progression to manhood and for the very few it's just too much. Drives them crazy.

The solution is to let boys to be boys and girls to be girls, as nature intended.

truth, we must fight this liberal agenda period, we cannot let these people influence our culture with their ridiculous ideology anymore

it's borderline insanity, it's a fantasy world they want to exist it's not grounded in reality

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Are you actually saying that if a girl wants to be a kickboxer or a Marine Force Recon, and a boy wants to be a home-maker/househusband, you're ok with that?

Or are you implying that Boys should be boys and Girls should be Girls (within the context that you deem acceptible)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

yeah weird power fantasy

you mean someone who lives in the real world not some philosophical disney land where everything is magic and princes and princesses

I live in the real world, just like I assume you do as well. I enjoy combative sports (I teach martial arts, and participate in full contact no pads sparring, usually with blunt steel weapons every weekend just for the sheer joy of it), but don't think that a male has to conform to some socially determined construct to be 'masculine'. I'm not trying to prove my masculinity to the world because I don't have to....

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Are you actually saying that if a girl wants to be a kickboxer or a Marine Force Recon, and a boy wants to be a home-maker/househusband, you're ok with that?

why would you automatically assume that?

his point is OBVIOUSLY that being masculine and having traditional male qualities is not bad as your trying to suggest or toxic, ugh that term in itself is disgusting

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

his point is OBVIOUSLY that being masculine and having traditional male qualities is not bad as your trying to suggest or toxic, ugh that term in itself is disgusting

Because the term 'Boys will be Boys' has often been an excuse to mask unacceptable behavior.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Because the term 'Boys will be Boys' has often been an excuse to mask unacceptable behavior.

I'm assuming you mean 2 young men let's say around 10-13 years old getting into a little scuffle at school right?
edit on 21-2-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You're so right. Terrible parent I am to seek out and find ways to support *his* interests rather than my own wishes of what he might be.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

And?

How insecure do you have to be about your own gender identity to be terrified by what other people identify as?

You be you and show respect for anyone else that has the courage to do the same.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Or 2 boys even younger who didn't get to have an outdoor recess and so were horsing around in music class?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

a reply to: toysforadults

Or 2 boys even younger who didn't get to have an outdoor recess and so were horsing around in music class?

exactly, in a system of schooling that traditionally and psychically favors women, not that that in itself is bad but it's a massive disservice to men such as myself who had a world class level of talent within any athletic sport it was applied too

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Masculinity? Men have their clear nature and purpose, just like Women do. I think if you can embrace and celebrate your gender while treating women, lgbt etc. with equal respect and value, it works.

Hey, you wrote this. I didn't.

How do you have a "clear nature and purpose" when you aren't even allowed to know for sure what place on the so-called spectrum you fall on with which orientation that may have?

Explain that "clear nature and purpose" you get then, please ...

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
If I let my daughters have free reign over the TV, this is what they would watch all day long... and they don't even wear make-up.

The media has warped our kids brains.

Disgusting. I bet he hates Trump and doesn't even know why, he just does. And anyone that supports Trump.

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join