It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are boys 'broken'?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Look at how the word diversity is used in this article. Can you honestly tell me it's not anti-white.

Let me quote just one section, which I find the most egregious:

As the “2017 Hollywood Diversity Report” concludes
“Diversity sells, first and foremost, because today’s audiences are themselves diverse and in search of stories and characters with whom they can identify.”
Black Panther unequivocally meets those criteria. With its nearly all-black cast, black director and Kendrick-Lamar curated soundtrack that features a vibrant array of black artists, Black Panther is the first blockbuster of this caliber to so boldly celebrate black culture.

So diversity sells because there are lots of different people out there. Ok. But then how is a fully black film directed by a black man diverse?

NOTE: forbes is not some whacko left wing outfit, they're mainstream and slanted right. The fact that they use this term as a catch all for anti-white sentiment is amazing.
edit on 21-2-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

No more than girls. In fact if boys are broken, modern women made them that way.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

are "All american boys" broken, because there are a few mass shootings each year by young men!

No
as there are a multitude of young men who dont go to their school and shoot it up!
they go on to lead successful lives , and be fathers, etc

What is broken however is society in general , where we dont look towards helping others, when they either ask for help , or we simply choose to ignore them because its easier to ignore problems and hope they will go away and hope that nothing happens

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

post made in error , wrong thread !
edit on 21-2-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Some can ask , how can i relate to this film , no one in it is white ! How then is it diverse by definition, ( well its not )

however we can all relate because those people are humans and we are all human !

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I agree, just like with an all white film. I have no issues with black panther (other than I'm getting tired of super hero movies). It is an on screen representation of the comic book and features characters and cast to match. That's how movies should be made. But look at the outrage about Dunkirk (most boring movie of 2017) being all white and contrast the responses as they relate to "diversity."
edit on 21-2-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

It's diverse by being a film that isn't a white director with an all white cast. Which happens fairly frequently. There is a whole Era where white folks played black roles.

Now the over the top leftist white guilt is silly but the response of oh poor white people we are under attack is pathetic.

The world doesn't operate in the tabloids or in extreme college classes. If you simply ignore them (which is the advice the people crying poor white people give for the nazi movement) the ideas presented could be called what they are. Extremist and some of them down right racist. Crazy that white folks are racist of themselves but they buy in.

The point is don't buy in. Don't over react. Don't create the opposite crazy response. Kill the zealots with normalcy. Not reverse extremism.

It's ironic the far right which is echoed daily on ats preaches this to the far left but is the exact lunatic conversation just in reverse.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
There is the odd female that goes off the rails like this one......
Karla Homolka

But it is very rare compared to the guys doing this.
edit on 21-2-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I do not think that the lady you refer to counts.

It only counts as being comparable, when its a lone female, armed to the eyeballs, gunning down totally defenceless people. We are not talking about murder teams, i.e. with their man friend either in tow or in the lead, nor are we talking about murders with a sexual component to the crime (although the motives could be all sorts of things). What we would be looking for, is a female, with no assistance, no one aiding or abetting her, who takes it into her head to arm up and unleash hell at random.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
This thread could be taught as a textbook case example of a persecution complex. White male's are about the least persecuted class in the US (behind wealthy white males), and I challenge anyone here to actually provide facts to support a rebuttal to that.

Just goes to prove the point about people not caring cos they are "privileged"
No matter what's up, those in a position to help just look over their heads to find someone more "deserving"....There is always someone more deserving no matter how bad you got it, but identity politics has created a hierarchy based on race, not need when it comes to helping people.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

This thread could be taught as a textbook case example of a persecution complex. White male's are about the least persecuted class in the US (behind wealthy white males), and I challenge anyone here to actually provide facts to support a rebuttal to that.

Just goes to prove the point about people not caring cos they are "privileged"
No matter what's up, those in a position to help just look over their heads to find someone more "deserving"....There is always someone more deserving no matter how bad you got it, but identity politics has created a hierarchy based on race, not need when it comes to helping people.

I'm not sure if your response is refuting what I said or supporting it.....

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Il spell it out for you, refuting it, because you said how white kids are "The most privileged" ie least persecuted.
You lumped in every single rich, poor, sporty, nerdy, smart, dumb, good looking, fugly, fit, fat and disabled child.

It just shows your utter lack of an ability to empathise with another human being,

edit on 22pWed, 21 Feb 2018 10:17:22 -060020182018-02-21T10:17:22-06:00kAmerica/Chicago28000000k by SprocketUK because: computer ate my reply

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Il spell it out for you, refuting it, because you said how white kids are "The most privileged" ie least persecuted.
You lumped in every single rich, poor, sporty, nerdy, smart, dumb, good looking, fugly, fit, fat and disabled child.

It just shows your utter lack of an ability to empathise with another human being,

I'm still not getting how my above post shows any lack of empathy. Perhaps you need to check the definition? You are the one who put to word "most privileged" (it shows it right in your post above, and again is likely more indicative of your own projection of the issue rather than what I said) which is the crux of your clarification, and while I can't stop you from putting words in my mouth or conflating my message to get yourself riled up, it doesn't change the fact that in almost all statistical cases white males have an advantage over their counterparts in the US (regardless of whatever category you wish to denote).

You're using emotion in place of facts because you have none.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

yes there were minorities who fought in the battle of dunkirk !

is that what the film is about though ? is it about minorities fighting for britain , no it is not , its about the general context of the battle

not about showcasing minorities in historical films
as a historical film is it generally accurate , yes , because the majority of people who fought in dunkirk where of british ethnic origin!

people will moan about everything, if they are that bothered about minorities in films then make some #ing movies showcasing minorities that fought in the wars , they are welcome to make their own movie about the Indian Units that fought, or the algerian or african units that fought in the african theatre of war if they like !

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: WayfarerThe thread was about are boys broken.

You went on to say that white males are the most protected etc. which is another way of touting the tired old white privilege trope.

Do you really think ALL white males are the same? Really? If you don't then your statement has no point at all does it?

Its sloppy thinking and lumping people together into one stereotype like that which leads to there being a whole class of people who are left out of the loop when it comes to getting help for the problems they might have.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Of course ALL white males aren't the same (and again for the third time this is something you have latched onto because it is projection), and it was never implied they were. Statistical analysis utilizes 'bunching' to provide data in subsets that don't increase the granularity of the results beyond what is easily understandable/usable. Pick a category of white males (your choice) and then compare the identical category of non-white males in whatever positive criteria you wish, and you will in most cases find that the weight of benefits falls disproportionately in the category of the white males. The concept of the endangered white male is a myth (one that has no backing in statistical data) perpetrated by those with a persecution complex .

Regarding the thread's original post, the article elucidates a variety of factors inherent to the concept of toxic masculinity, in a reasonable and understandable fashion, and I noticed that many folks responding where not even referencing the article (as if they hadn't even been bothered to read it), instead opting to display their own forms of 'toxic masculinity' as if it were a badge of pride without an inkling of understanding of what the OP's message was.

edit on 08am18famWed, 21 Feb 2018 10:50:06 -0600America/ChicagoWed, 21 Feb 2018 10:50:06 -0600 by Wayfarer because: fixing autocorrect

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

It doesnt matter, you could find the poorest white person alive , living an abject poverty , with extremely poor health not a penny to their name and living homeless
and you'd find someone who will say they are privileged over other "POC" because they are white !

because race has become so embedded in our society that no matter what you do you will always find one liberal or another racist saying that white people no matter what are privileged because they are not oppressed by white elite society .
They are given a helping hand by those elites .

Yet you have to remember that white elites , have oppressed white people for generations , through many different fronts, government ,religion , ideology ,Slavery you name it !
It's just that in our world history the last mass slavery just so happened to be of africa, and continued into the creation of the united states, by the same people who were literally kicked out of europe for being religious nuts , ideologies who didnt align with the monarchy.
It is no surprise then that these same systems exist, the french revolution took those systems out for a period but they were then solidified again during the creation of the states!

Race is a fallacy ! and its about time we humans started using science to show the world once again , that we are one species with ethnic differences , not racial divides

Of course there is no denying that racism has and is used to divide humanity and control us , and it works, so that is why these racist institutions are still working to this day!

it's like our species are caught in some awful loop of learning , forgetting then remembering !

Humanity has already used science once before to denounce racists and racial views , Ubermensch to Unesco man!
science was used to prove once and for all that we are one species with ethnic differences !
that is science fact, yet we still have racial divides , race is a fallacy !

and we need to address that race is fallacy in order to stop racism
we need to celebrate our ethnic differences as diversity is the spice of life and the reason our species is so strong and have survived this long
through the mixing of our genes!

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You are also letting hyperbolic emotion get the better of you as well. Nobody is saying there aren't disaffected and downtrodden white males. Rather that on the aggregate there are proportionally more non-whites in those criteria than whites.

Nobody is saying to not help ALL the disaffected and downtrodden. But to assume that white males are in fact being persecuted over others is blatantly pandering to a (perceived or actual) persecution complex.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You are also letting hyperbolic emotion get the better of you as well. Nobody is saying there aren't disaffected and downtrodden white males. Rather that on the aggregate there are proportionally more non-whites in those criteria than whites.

Nobody is saying to not help ALL the disaffected and downtrodden. But to assume that white males are in fact being persecuted over others is blatantly pandering to a (perceived or actual) persecution complex.

You might not have said it but you belittled the fact into non existence with your previous statement, this is partly why people wonder if they are broken, because of people like you pretending there isn't a problem.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Am I ? how did you come to that conclusion ? How can you tell the state of my consciousness from a paragraph ?

I made no assumption that white males are being persecuted over others!
I stated the fact that there is persecution across the board for anyone who isnt rich
that the systems we live in are inherently racist from their creation
and are still very much the same and haven't changed for hundreds of years
however despite our best efforts humanity has proved scientifically we are all the same with ethnic differences

I mean most of your reply to me was more pertinent to Sprocket!
I was arguing that yes there is a obvious difference in treatment of ethnic minorities by western society compared to the treatment of white ethnicities
that is obvious! there is no denying it, I even stated that the systems we live in are inherently racist !
however there are also racists who will blatantly disregard that white people can be oppressed simply because they are white and privileged

new topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join