It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 100 civilians killed in Assad regime bombardment of Eastern Ghouta

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

*your'e

"Your" was intended. If you want to be a grammar Nazi, at least get it right.

Assad was/is winning the war against a militant force backed, funded and armed by the west.

Actually, Assad was loosing. The only reason he is still alive is thanks to Russia, Hezbollah and Iran. You see, dictatorial regimes have to stand together as they know that there is no much time left for them in the modern world.
Before the civil war, when the protests started no one backed them. This didn't prevent Assad from massacring thousands of innocent civilians.

Assad gassing his own people is illogical

Most dictators do not follow logic or reason. They are only interested in self preservation. History has countless example of similar behavior.

The militants attacking Syrians and blaming Assad is totally logical, especially when the Western Media saturates the TV with the lie.

1. Militants don't have war planes.
2. Russian and Assad regime didn't denied that they are behind the recent attacks.
3. UN's humanitarian coordinator and UNICEF are not "Western Media".

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

On the other side if so many people hated Assad the country would have fell due to the revolution and whatever was going to take his place would have!!

Indeed, this almost happened. If Russia haven't stepped in, Assad would have being hang long time ago.

I can only think there are a huge amount of people that still want him as leader and that are fighting to the death.

Thousands deserted from the Syrian army as they were sick of killing their own people. But I agree that many people side with Assad out of fear for their lives and the lives of their families.

a democratically elected leader supported by his people fighting third party opposition of outsiders and mercenaries that are hell bent on turning what was once a trading hub where all faiths and religions got on just fine in a major city like Damascus into god knows what

1. He wasn't democratically elected and he wasn't supported by his own people. After his father died in 2000 a mock elections were held ,where he was the only candidate. Political opposition to the president was not allowed. Same thing happened in 2007 when political opposition groups were banned unless attached to the Ba'ath Party, meaning Assad was the only candidate allowed to run. Lack of democratic elections is what started the revolution in the first place.
2. The third party opposition of outsiders and mercenaries came long after the protests began. By that time thousands of civilians were dead and a firm internal opposition (constructed of Syrian civilians and army deserters) where formed.
3. Assad regime was responsible for numerous human rights violation long before the civil war. Painting the pre-war Syria as a tranquil and quite peaceful place to live in, is somewhat dishonest.

Or is he a mad man that is murdering his people?

Yes. As all hard evidence point to this, I do believe this is the case. Not to mention the endless testimonies of Syrian civilians.

Believe nothing what you read and only some of what you see comes to mind..

This will be my advise to you as well.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Do you agree with the sentiments of the us government that it's a tragedy and will weigh heavy on the Syrian government's hearts but they can't be held responsible?

No.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Is this the same 'sourc'--ery that pumped our mind waves full of WMD, Bad Dictators and Regime Change for " Humanitarian Reasons" ongoing, in the rest of the world?

Which source is trustworthy, in your opinion?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I would like to add that it is related to Syria, the us overthrew a government in the middle East that allowed isis to come to power and this instigated the war in Syria. Butterfly effect if you will

I will agree that US is partly responsible for ISIS, but not that ISIS instigated the war in Syria.
ISIS haven't been seen in Syria during the first two years of the war.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Ironically, Turkey was just accused of launching chemical weapons attacks in Syria, too, though in the Kurdish areas. Here's an ATS thread about it (HERE) and there are a lot of articles online about it. So who should we believe here? In fact, why should we believe anyone's story

Not saying Turkey is innocent. Both regimes are barbaric. If it wouldn't involve a huge amount of innocent deaths I would be happy to see both of them fight it out.
edit on 20-2-2018 by MaxMech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

Then by that logic you would support the total disbandment of the British and American government's with military intervention from outside nations to insert a new government based on their war crimes in the middle East....

Those who fought in Syria during the first two years were as bad and eventually joined isis, if it quaks like a duck it's probably part of isis.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech

I would like to add that it is related to Syria, the us overthrew a government in the middle East that allowed isis to come to power and this instigated the war in Syria. Butterfly effect if you will

ISIS haven't been seen in Syria during the first two years of the war.

Yes they were. They merely operated under a different name.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
What is really down right sad and pathetic is not seeing the "usual suspects" here on your thread showing their empathy...

They are too involved in spamming this site out with political claptrap and show their true selves by not commenting on such a tragedy as this one...

It is so heartbreaking to see so many civilians die because of dick measuring competitions and cheap ressources between certain countries over the years...

Wonder what they would say if one of their familiy members was blown to bits in the same circumstances... (NO don't need to wonder... It will be politicized according to their biased opinions)

Sadly

Lagomorphe

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

These are some heartwrenching photos.. what a disgusting and inhumane situation. How many people in the US are talking about this? Very few, if any.

How can anyone justify this?

Its none of the USA business or concern.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

War sucks, people die.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Then by that logic you would support the total disbandment of the British and American government's

In an ideal world, yes. For the reason you mentioned and for many others.
In the reality we live in, every country acts to promote it's own interest, i.e. attacks another country for oil etc. I'm not saying I support this.
Syria and every other county does the same. This is not exclusive to humans either. You can observe the same behavior in animals.
The difference is, Assad doesn't fight this war for anyone except him self. He is killing his own people in order to stay in power. Hundreds of thousands die because of one man. This war could have been avoided if he stepped down when the protests began. This what a sane person would have done. But dictators... they are all the same.

with military intervention from outside nations

I didn't say that a military intervention from outside nations is needed. But if you, as I, against it, I hope you are also against the intervention from Iran and Russia.

Those who fought in Syria during the first two years were as bad and eventually joined isis, if it quaks like a duck it's probably part of isis.

Except for all those people who didn't. Many of the non ISIS opposition groups can be found here.
Saying that every group that opposes Assad is ISIS, is same as saying that there are no terrorist groups in Syria at all.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

a reply to: tadaman

Actually everything depicted in the photos above, is done under the flags of Russia, Iran and the Syrian regime.
I'm not sure who exactly do you mean by "we" though.

And USA, French and British bombs drop love roses and lollipops?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Reydelsol

War sucks, people die.

Yep. But this is more like a massacre than a war, in my opinion.
With this post my intention was to remind that this conflict is very far from over, contrary to Assad claims.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Yes they were. They merely operated under a different name.

Which name?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

There simply isn't a military solution to the Syrian situation. The protesters originally wanted a new constitution and legit elections, both of which they got. The citizens voted on the new constitution in a referendum, voted for Assad in a fair contested election, and now have the tools to change Syria from within.

However it's the outside actors who are keeping the situation from coming to a resolution. Half of them are uninvited, are literally trying to take down the democratically elected government of Syria, and want to replace the new Syrian constitution with a foreign designed government. The other half were invited by the legitimate Syrian govt and are literally propping up the govt that the majority of Syrians want, support, and voted for.

The GCC, Israel, Turkey, and the US don't give a crap about the will of the Syrian people, with the majority of their "rebels" wanting an ultra conservative Salafi or Wahhabi-styled govt that completely disregards the constitutional reforms that the Syrian protestors originally wanted. Context is key here.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

They are too involved in spamming this site out with political claptrap and show their true selves by not commenting on such a tragedy as this one...
Wonder what they would say if one of their familiy members was blown to bits in the same circumstances... (NO don't need to wonder... It will be politicized according to their biased opinions)

Very accurate observation. Cognitive dissonance will prevent critical thinking when you are presented with facts which contradict your firm opinions. Nothing new here, but the people you are talking about are so invested in anti-west circle jerking that their compassion and conscience become a binary mechanism:
West = Bad
Anti west = Good

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Reydelsol

And USA, French and British bombs drop love roses and lollipops?

Nope. And I would gladly discuss this with you if you open a thread on this topic.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

There simply isn't a military solution to the Syrian situation.

I'm not claiming there is.

The protesters originally wanted a new constitution and legit elections, both of which they got. The citizens voted on the new constitution in a referendum, voted for Assad in a fair contested election, and now have the tools to change Syria from within.

I wish this was true, but it's not. During the 2014 election vote did not take place in large parts of Syria (at that time being under rebel and Kurdish control) due to the refusal of the Assad regime to recognize their regional autonomy. In addition, most of Syrian refugees didn't vote in this election as the countries which host the larges amounts of refugees banned the elections (which also were dismissed as illegitimate by the European Union and the Gulf Cooperation Council). This election was't different from the previous mock elections in Syria.

However it's the outside actors who are keeping the situation from coming to a resolution.

Yes. But the same can be said about Russia and Iran. Without them Assad would be dead long ago.

Half of them are uninvited

Russia, Iran and Hezbollah were not invited by the Syrians either. They were invited by Assad, to fight against Syrians.

are literally trying to take down the democratically elected government of Syria

As mentioned, no such government exists in Syria.

and want to replace the new Syrian constitution with a foreign designed government.

I'm interested to know if you are aware of Russia's intention for Syria? Or do you think they helped Assad out simply because they are such god guys?

The other half were invited by the legitimate Syrian govt and are literally propping up the govt that the majority of Syrians want, support, and voted for.

I would really like for this to be reality, but as mentioned above nothing of this is.

The GCC, Israel, Turkey, and the US don't give a crap about the will of the Syrian people

Nor does Assad.

with the majority of their "rebels" wanting an ultra conservative Salafi or Wahhabi-styled govt

Please provide a source for this claim.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Is this the same 'sourc'--ery that pumped our mind waves full of WMD, Bad Dictators and Regime Change for " Humanitarian Reasons" ongoing, in the rest of the world?

Which source is trustworthy, in your opinion?

Both sides, filtered by reason and intellect.

Thats why the interwebs is so cool, everyone has a say; once you discard all the politics, lies and bicker, there lies the nugget of truth.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join