It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 100 civilians killed in Assad regime bombardment of Eastern Ghouta

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
In 2013 hundreds died after the Assad regime bombarded the area with chemical weapons. Since then, eastern Ghouta has been under siege.
Few months ago the Assad regime and Russia, declared that ISIS is defeated.

“There’s some fighters left but they’re few. Small numbers is all I can say,” said a Syrian army commander of the remaining militants near Albu Kamal. “Some were killed and some ran away. They went toward eastern or northern villages.”
Source

More than 700 people have been killed during the last three months in this area.
Yesterday, five hospitals were bombed. More than 100 dead civilians. Hundreds wounded.
So, who exactly Assad fights now and why is it necessary to bomb hospitals, killing hundreds of innocent civilians?

“We are standing before the massacre of the 21st century,” said a doctor in eastern Ghouta. “If the massacre of the 1990s was Srebrenica, and the massacres of the 1980s were Halabja and Sabra and Shatila, then eastern Ghouta is the massacre of this century right now.”
“All these humanitarian and rights organisations, all that is nonsense. So is terrorism. What is a greater terrorism than killing civilians with all sorts of weapons? Is this a war? It’s not a war. It’s called a massacre.”
Source

How many of his own people will Assad murder before he steps down? It is clear that the rebels won't back down, and they shouldn't. Tyranny should be fought with full force. Assad murdered entire families by the thousands, he doesn't get a free pass out of this massacre. In my opinion it's only a matter of time till one (or several) of his own men will say 'enough is enough' and put him down like the dog he is.
Question is, how many more of these pictures we will see before it happens?

Eastern Ghouta (19.02.2018):

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
You'd think the remnants of the "moderate" opposition would change their propaganda campaign. 6 years of the same crap that nobody except the ignorant buy.

Soon this horrible war will be over, the opposition scum dead and the refugees can finally go home, like they did following the liberation of Aleppo.

Then Syrians can rebuild their country that has been destroyed by foreign interests. Of course not one person in the European and American establishments who are directly responsible for all this will never answer for their crimes.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

These are some heartwrenching photos.. what a disgusting and inhumane situation. How many people in the US are talking about this? Very few, if any.

How can anyone justify this?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Yeah I see how the Syrian regime is dealing with the opposition scum, in those pictures above.
Talking about ignorance... what a joke you are.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

“The unfortunate death of civilians is a fact of war that weighs heavy on our hearts,” said Pentagon spokesman Eric Pahon.

Guess why that remark was initially made......

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

We need to get the hell out of Syria.

We arent even there legally.

What a godless thing being done under our flag.

EDIT TO ADD:
its a civil war. We just killed hundreds of their allies recently. Dont be surprised if someone gets nuked at this rate.

The idiots in charge are being absurd and delusional. Human nature is still a factor. We arent untouchable.

We are lucky its still only Syrians getting killed mostly......Things change when you linger to watch them evolve.

edit on 2 20 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech
the Assad regime bombarded the area with chemical weapons.

Warning, LIES AHEAD

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Couldn't agree more with you. Everybody forgot about this war long ago. This is somewhat understandable as this war seems to last so long that these photos don't affect anyone anymore as they are just a drop in the sea of suffering which is Syria.
The guy above you seems to have his justification all sorted out.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Actually everything depicted in the photos above, is done under the flags of Russia, Iran and the Syrian regime.
I'm not sure who exactly do you mean by "we" though.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Your burying your head in the sand will help you cope with horrible events happening in this world, but will not turn truth into lies.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Bull isht.

The Syrian war would have been over had we not illegally gotten involved in support of our enemies that we suddenly found standing on common ground.

This is Boogeyman manufacturing. Build some future terrorist states to destabilize the ME, while justifying trillion dollar anti terrorism budgets.

We are literally just a front of armed services masking and enabling the actions of private mercenary armies under command of private western war profiteers

We probably sold them the chemical weapons bud.

Get the hell out of murky black waters tainted in the blood of other nations.

edit on 2 20 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Two reports conducted by the Johns Hopkins University’s Bloomberg School of Public Health, used extrapolation based on epidemiology, and were published in The Lancet. The first, published in 2004, estimated that at least 100,000 Iraqis had been killed as a result of the war.

The second, published in 2006, suggested the figure had risen to near 650,000. The British and US governments criticised the findings but those involved defended the methodology. In 2015, a report by Physicians for Social Responsibility suggested the total may have passed one million.

Once again

“The unfortunate death of civilians is a fact of war that weighs heavy on our hearts,” said Pentagon spokesman Eric Pahon.

Where is your bleeding heart and calls for justice for the Iraqis? That is Iraq alone by the way

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

*your'e

I find trying to understand an event helps me cope with it.

Assad was/is winning the war against a militant force backed, funded and armed by the west.

Assad gassing his own people is illogical

The militants attacking Syrians and blaming Assad is totally logical, especially when the Western Media saturates the TV with the lie.

I cope just fine, perhaps you should look outside the sandbox occasionally and see what the real world looks like.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Where is your bleeding heart and calls for justice for the Iraqis?

In another thread. This one is about Syria.
Do you always avoid having to engage criticism by turning it back on the accuser?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
You can look at this two ways, either Assad is a mad man and the "revolution" that many believe was a war by proxy was legitimate..

On the other side if so many people hated Assad the country would have fell due to the revolution and whatever was going to take his place would have!!, I can only think there are a huge amount of people that still want him as leader and that are fighting to the death.

So what camp do you believe?, a democratically elected leader supported by his people fighting third party opposition of outsiders and mercenaries that are hell bent on turning what was once a trading hub where all faiths and religions got on just fine in a major city like Damascus into god knows what..

Or is he a mad man that is murdering his people?.. I know enough Syrians to know what I believe is happening here.

Believe nothing what you read and only some of what you see comes to mind..

Guys ISIS where meant to have won in this situation years ago, what you see now is the unscripted second faze to attempt to gain access to the country cart blanche. It is a total cluster f#ck...

RA
edit on 20-2-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Do you agree with the sentiments of the us government that it's a tragedy and will weigh heavy on the Syrian government's hearts but they can't be held responsible?
edit on 182018182018bam20 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

In 2013 hundreds died after the Assad regime bombarded the area with chemical weapons.

Is this the same 'sourc'--ery that pumped our mind waves full of WMD, Bad Dictators and Regime Change for " Humanitarian Reasons" ongoing, in the rest of the world?

They never get tired of blaming their victims for what they are about to do to them.

Bullies and control freaks... into the sun with the lot of them.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I would like to add that it is related to Syria, the us overthrew a government in the middle East that allowed isis to come to power and this instigated the war in Syria. Butterfly effect if you will
edit on 312018312018bam20 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech
a reply to: tadaman

Actually everything depicted in the photos above, is done under the flags of Russia, Iran and the Syrian regime.
I'm not sure who exactly do you mean by "we" though.

The "Coalition", the same veil you are hiding behind.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ironically, Turkey was just accused of launching chemical weapons attacks in Syria, too, though in the Kurdish areas. Here's an ATS thread about it (HERE) and there are a lot of articles online about it.

So who should we believe here? In fact, why should we believe anyone's story?

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join