It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social media trolls are lying about black people assaulting 'Black Panther' movie-goers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 20/2/18 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Southern Guardian

"Black Panther" was meant to bring people together — but trolls are using the milestone movie to divide people.

Swings and roundabouts my friend, swings and roundabouts. How do you get ignoramus' to stop such squalk? There's got to be a single solution, surely?

do you truly believe that its illegal for a white person to review this movie?
i want to know this, honestly.

do you think this tweet is no more than the other hoaxes?
why did you juxtapose the quote from the op with that screen shot of that tweet?
i wouldn't be a bit surprised if you did believe that tweet.... along with the others who star your post.

That's a lot of typing considering the answer was in my post all along, you appear to have completely ignored my comments after the screenshot...and no, of course it's not illegal for a white person to review the movie, even though it appears others disagree, albeit with no logical reason why (which appears to be irrelevant anyway).

Did you explore the account I posted, to see if it's a 'hoax'?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

It's all fun and games right?

And you thought it was somehow a good idea to feed the fire and fan the flames why??? Oh! That's right... cheap political points and playing foot soldier in the divide-and-conquer campaign against the people.

It could just be a case of copycats, but it would seem that this is a coordinated effort given the multiple similar postings, and for a purpose. It could actually be racist scum being racist scum. It could be other scum trying to smear racist scum. And it could just be a publicity stunt by the studio to get more publicity for their film... not that they need it, but they wouldn't have known that when hatching such a plot if indeed they did. It could be something else entirely. I don't know. And neither do you.

But hey! You go ahead and assume what you will and keep painting with those broad strokes. And, of course, further exploit these women who have already been brutalized and traumatized by bringing even MORE attention to this garbage.... for your cheap political points.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

People do this because they know there are stupid people who will believe it. Pizzagate anyone?

Like Russian collusion?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It's amazing how much a black superhero intimidates a certain subset of the population. I mean first we had the plot to artificially lower the movie's scores on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic. And now we have this sickening display.

A black superhero movie isn't going to lead to the downfall of the white race. Just like a female lead in a Star Wars movie isn't going to lead to the collapse of the patriarchy. Stop being afraid of every movie that doesn't star a white male and just enjoy them for what they are.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The sheer amount of hype about this movies is beyond ridiculous.

'Highest grossing movie of all time'.

Yep read that headline last nite.

Now people are whining bout media troll?

Where have they been for the last year?

And for the hundreds of of films release.

That's what movie critics do.

Troll.

I have no interest in see BP.

I just hope I will be alive in the sometime in the next 50 years where future social justice warriors will bring bout change and they will be talking about the WHITE Panther at a theatre near your grand kids.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Why does it bother you that there is a African super hero.
Don't bother dam obvious from your post.
White panther heck like that makes sense.
Dementia horrid tbh.
edit on 20-2-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

It doesn't.

The crap surrounding does.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Oh noes

Someone #posted on the internet

S T O P T H E P R E S S E S

Can't wait for the next buzzfeed-esque thread.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

How about a PINK Panther

that's sorta like white.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I guess I just don't get it.

What is the big deal bout a manufactured hero reading from a script with some cool CGI ?

Ever other day of the week that called American politics.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I just hope I will be alive in the sometime in the next 50 years where future social justice warriors will bring bout change and they will be talking about the WHITE Panther at a theatre near your grand kids.

Her name is actually White Tiger and she's already been name-dropped in the first season of Jessica Jones.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I took my sons to see the movie this past weekend and there was a stabbing.

But in my defense, the bitch did put too much butter on my popcorn.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Is the butter real butter? I have only ever had plain before. Doesn't it make it go soggy?.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Is the butter real butter? I have only ever had plain before. Doesn't it make it go soggy?.

It's the fake "butterine-like" substance that makes your fingers greasy and then you can't really enjoy the Junior Mints.

#BlackPantherMovieMadeMeStabSomeoneBecauseButter

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

It's made from liposuction cholesterol.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Like I can't believe it's not butter?. I have my own brand of fake butter coming soon called
Butter? My arse!.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Social media.. something I wish we could uninvent..

I wanted to go see it till the media blitz preaching at me how I have to see it and love it and its the most awesomest thing in the world.

I don't like being preached at, and have a tendency to go the opposite way when the masses scream I must like it.

So I will wait a while till all the hub bub has settled down before I see it.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Here's a solution. Get OFF social media.

I dumped FB in the spring of 2017. You don't believe how good it is.

It do miss my cute pet pics but the trade-off in not being offended at everything is well worth it.

Dont be a slave to social media and Russian Trolls can't influence you.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Identity politics begets identity politics. If they never promoted this movie with identity politics, the wouldn’t have gotten identity politics in return. It’s a bloody superhero movie.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join