It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Made His First Major Mistake About 15 Minutes Ago

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: the owlbear

Wrong on both counts. Also, mormonism isn't the topic, mitt romney is. But nice try. If he was vegan it wouldn't be an open invitation to discuss the merits of veganism. So again, take your religious bigotry to the religion forum, where it belongs.

So Mitt Romney is not a Mormon?
Funny how he was a missionary to France for the Mormon Church.
If he belonged to an exclusionary vegan group that thought they were racially superior due to some guy that claimed to see some gold tablets that no one else saw but him, yeah...

His religion is up for discussion.
His allegiance to his church OVER his allegiance to public service is an issue.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Maybe keep track of what you say, you're spinning wildly out of control. Hatred will do that to you.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

Mitt will be like john mccain. He said so himself. Absolutely not what we need from a conservative state.

Other challengers are Chris Forbush, Tim Jimenez, and Larry Meyers. No one with name recognition, therefore probably all better than romney lol.

Forbush is probably the most notable and no one else will likely enter the race now that Romney has got trump's endorsement.

Of those choices, would any of them make better choices than Romney?

The one difference between Romney and McCain is that Romney is a businessman and CEO of note. He knows what needs to be done for the economy.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Maybe Trump is endorsing Romney to try to mobilize the democratic base against him? He's got to know that any hate directed at him would go to anyone he endorses. Wouldn't that be the ultimate screw-job if democrats came out en masse to defeat Romney?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
You all still do not get it do you. There is NOTHING that Trump does without an endgame. He has proven it over and over and over.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I mean, he has even said nice things about Nancy and Chuckie.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Helping a swamp rat take over a seat in one of the most conservative states in the country... what could the end game of that even be?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

If you haven't seen it yet, here it is, Trump endorsed Mitt Romney for the Utah Senate Seat vacated by Orrin Hatch.

twitter.com...

.@MittRomney has announced he is running for the Senate from the wonderful State of Utah. He will make a great Senator and worthy successor to @OrrinHatch, and has my full support and endorsement!

This is awful. Mitt Romney is a big government republican running in one of the top 3 most conservative states in the country. Romney hates trump. Romney is pro-illegal immigration. Romney is pro-obamacare.

I hope Trump loses on this one.

Romney isn't "pro-Obamacare"

Obama was "pro-Romneycare"

The ACA was inspired by Republicans. I still think that if Romney got the 2012 instead, we'd have something exactly like the ACA.

And you Republicans would LOVE it. Freakin' hypocrites.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Sorry, I'll never love a government takeover of healthcare. Nor a gun grab.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

a reply to: Teikiatsu

Mitt will be like john mccain. He said so himself. Absolutely not what we need from a conservative state.

Other challengers are Chris Forbush, Tim Jimenez, and Larry Meyers. No one with name recognition, therefore probably all better than romney lol.

Forbush is probably the most notable and no one else will likely enter the race now that Romney has got trump's endorsement.

Of those choices, would any of them make better choices than Romney?

The one difference between Romney and McCain is that Romney is a businessman and CEO of note. He knows what needs to be done for the economy.

Wow... actually agree with you here. On morality issues and issues of decency, in general; I agree with McCain. But Romney has the stuff to pull this off.

I'll be honest, aside from the "folders of women" and "corporations are people" gaffs, I thought Romney was a pretty swell candidate. He's got some decent ideas.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Sorry, I'll never love a government takeover of healthcare. Nor a gun grab.

I get the "gun grab" thing (that you made up) but... what is it in your weird logic that makes healthcare (of all things) the thing you don't want to be accessible by your fellow Americans?

So you want guns cheap, free, and accessible... but not a simple check-up at the doctor?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I kind of like Romney. I think they will get along. Romney is a conservative, but he is also fair minded. Hopefully he will help to get a good viable healthcare system in this country, way better than Obamacare I hope

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

A checkup is $120. Cheaper than a gun.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

To answer your first question takes three layers.

1) Healthcare is not the responsibility of government
2) The government is less efficient than the private sector
3) Healthcare makes up ~20% of our entire economy

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

A checkup is $120. Cheaper than a gun.

Soooo not true. I can get an AR15 for 120. But my favorite gun is a bit more. I got a thing for the SKS-45 (7.62×39mm)... I can out shoot any of you posers with that rifle, lol.

And I and can get that cheaper than a check-up.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Link! (So I can get one!)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Oh this reeks to high hell.

hahahahahahahahaha! Best meme yet!

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

It's like we are the same person. Exactly...and I mean exactly what I was thinking when I first heard this.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Link! (So I can get one!)

Local Craig's List. Sorry. Gotta learn the code words for the right gun in your area. Again... sorry!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

It's like we are the same person. Exactly...and I mean exactly what I was thinking when I first heard this.

Or it's a long con. Trump gets everybody to hate him so much that even a past contender seems like a reasonable choice for the democrats. Then, when the democrats put somebody up that's uncomfortable for them to vote for (a non-male or a non-white or a non-christian or a non-straight or a non-cis, ect), Romney gets all the weird closet-identitarian voters.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I love it!

That's what ATS is all about. Thinking outside the box. One thing is for sure, the truth isn't inside the box that we are given.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join