It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Made His First Major Mistake About 15 Minutes Ago

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If you haven't seen it yet, here it is, Trump endorsed Mitt Romney for the Utah Senate Seat vacated by Orrin Hatch.

twitter.com...

.@MittRomney has announced he is running for the Senate from the wonderful State of Utah. He will make a great Senator and worthy successor to @OrrinHatch, and has my full support and endorsement!

This is awful. Mitt Romney is a big government republican running in one of the top 3 most conservative states in the country. Romney hates trump. Romney is pro-illegal immigration. Romney is pro-obamacare.

I hope Trump loses on this one.
edit on 19-2-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Bad decision.

Yes, I said it.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Maybe Trump did that on purpose to make sure Mitt doesn't get elected?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: turbo8

The only strategery I can see is to get romney to campaign more in line with trump. I expected romney to campaign against trump.

The only chance romney had of not winning was if trump stayed out of the race and let utah conservatives push out the establishment guy. The utah GOP chair came out against mitt romney just a couple days ago.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Oh this reeks to high hell.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Meh, it's the Senate. They need to keep GOP control. It's not like Mitt would replace McConnell.

Who are the other (R) challengers?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

LOL

I guess his butt-kissing has paid off.
www.cnn.com...

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Trump Made His First Major Mistake About 15 Minutes Ago

I think your bout a year too late with that one.,

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Mitt will be like john mccain. He said so himself. Absolutely not what we need from a conservative state.

Other challengers are Chris Forbush, Tim Jimenez, and Larry Meyers. No one with name recognition, therefore probably all better than romney lol.

Forbush is probably the most notable and no one else will likely enter the race now that Romney has got trump's endorsement.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
How about everyone in Utah wises up and votes third party. Or maybe just keep being doosh minions for the Ruling Establishment's farcical Two Party + MSM System like everyone else. Seems pretty easy choice to me, but I'm Dr. Remulai so what do I know.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Meh, it's the Senate. They need to keep GOP control. It's not like Mitt would replace McConnell.

Who are the other (R) challengers?

My thoughts also.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Romney would win with/without Trump's endorsement. It's better for the Trump-Romney relationship that the President endorses him.

Donald Trump is learning how to be a politician, lol.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

And I kept hoping he would not endorse him. Mitt or a democrat. Same swamp creature,

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Wait until a week before the primary, then, if he was going to win, you endorse.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

As much as I hope it isn't so....maybe Trump has something on Romney now...and will use that.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
If you haven't seen it yet, here it is, Trump endorsed Mitt Romney for the Utah Senate Seat vacated by Orrin Hatch.

Mitt Romney is an A-hole #1

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Mitt Romney = John McCain

They both did their best to help Obama win and are super-speshul loyal to him.

I distrust anyone that would endorse either man.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

This is awful. Mitt Romney is a big government republican running in one of the top 3 most conservative states in the country. Romney hates trump. Romney is pro-illegal immigration. Romney is pro-obamacare.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

As Republicans we have to field the most electable candidate in the general elections. Haven't we learned our lessons with all the silly Tea Party Candidates and Judge Moore? We could have took down Harry Reid as Senate Majority Leader if we hadn't put forth a wacko as our candidate. The margin of error is tiny in the Senate and we need to actually Elect people who can win the Election, not people who can only win the primary.

Unless there is a better, more electable candidate, Mitt is the best option to win.

edit on 19-2-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

That "razor thin" margin in the Senate makes Mitch McConnell's remarks, that the Senate will probably go to Democrats in November, very disturbing.

Thread on his remarks: www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join