It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you will say

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

He is a Greek god, along with Zeus and all the other fake gods. They were Idols that are long gone and never more. Tell your Odin god you want internal life, bet you will not receive it after this life. You'll be with a guy named Lucifer and in a great place hot year round called hell.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkuniverse

He is a Greek god, along with Zeus and all the other fake gods. They were Idols that are long gone and never more. Tell your Odin god you want internal life, bet you will not receive it after this life. You'll be with a guy named Lucifer and in a great place hot year round called hell.
Odin is Greek? You’re not very good at this? You have the entire internet at your finger tips, and you did not even bother to look up who Odin was? Just imagine all of the other things you are wrong about. The world is about to become a much bigger place for you. I told you once that the fastest route to atheism is asking atheists questions.

What makes you so sure that Zeus is fake? There are books about him. That’s all it took to convince you that Jesus was real? Books.
edit on 20-2-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Could you also site lucifer and hell from the bible? I can’t seem to find any mention of that.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

internal life? I think i have that.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Your god is new. the old gods that you deny, wrote your god forsaken bible.

When most of the Gods had perished in the mutual destruction with the Giants, it is predetermined that a new world will rise up from the water, beautiful and green. Before the battle at Ragnarok, two people, Lif “a woman” and Liftraser “a man”, will find shelter in the sacred tree Yggdrasil. And when the battle is over, they will come out and repopulate the earth again.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

You tell me which of your so called sons sacrificed their son for human kind. And on top of that, there are biblical proof of the cities that were destroyed in the bible. But listen, I'm not here to lecture you.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So if I don't sin, pump an abuse my body full of narcotics, not going around slapping people, and having sexy parties behind my shining stars back...

Then he can't forgive me because I couldn't sin, so does mean that his death is vain if I dont...

Honey, where the rum!?
edit on 20-2-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Raggedyman

a reply to: darkuniverse

Do you know the quickest way to becoming an atheist? Start asking them questions.

Thats funny Woodie, I find the opposite to be true
Atheists have no answers to anything outside science and science is very limited in its knowledge

While I dont agree withthe OPs summerisation in detail, we all have free will to choose what we want, I am sure you do realise one day you may have to make an account of your life, maybe even to yourself
Or maybe you dont tink you will, thats a question, you cant answer

Smoke and mirrors, just a silly answer with no real valid anything behind it at all.
Ask an atheist questions? Really?
They will only reply in science or their faith...
That is hilarious that your best argument against atheists, is that science is on our side. And by the way you use that point, as some kind of an insult, is beyond belief.

Only you can trumpet science as the be all and end all, its not, its a flawed humanity
Its just another faith used by atheists and its flawed

Its not an insult either, I have science as well, just not the faith you have in it....

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The creation of seasons, and all and a creation of God, the proof is in the bible and Gods word. Don't see no book about Odin, made up character.
You’ve never heard of Odin? When you make it to the sixth grade next year, they will probably tell you about him. There are tons of books written about him, definitely no reason to doubt that he is the all father.

Comic books

Sixth grade?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Do you know the quickest way to becoming an atheist? Start asking them questions.

Atheists have no answers to anything outside science and science is very limited in its knowledge

While I dont agree withthe OPs summerisation in detail, we all have free will to choose what we want, I am sure you do realise one day you may have to make an account of your life, maybe even to yourself

Smoke and mirrors, just a silly answer with no real valid anything behind it at all.
That is hilarious that your best argument against atheists, is that science is on our side. And by the way you use that point, as some kind of an insult, is beyond belief.

Only you can trumpet science as the be all and end all, its not, its a flawed humanity

Its not an insult either, I have science as well, just not the faith you have in it....
I love it when you tell me how i think and what i believe. I’m starting to think you like me.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I love it when you tell me how i think and what i believe. I’m starting to think you like me.

Yes Woodie, I love you, you my hero...
Its all out in the open now

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

a reply to: EasternShadow

God gives you proof of his existence everywhere. Trees, the birds, the planets, the universe.

I have asked for irrefutable proof. Everything could have existed without god's intervention.

originally posted by: darkuniversr
Jesus was asked, how many times must you forgive, 7 times, Jesus said no, 7 times over. God will always forgive for he is a just God and loving God.

Did god forgive the Amalekites? No. God ordered Samuel to butcher everyone and animals.

Did god forgive every other human beside Noah and his family/followers? No. God flooded everyone else globally.

Did god forgive the children who mocked the prophet? No. He sent great bear to tore them apart.

Did god forgive a man who gathered wood on Sabbath day? No. God ordered Moses to stone the man to death.

Did god forgive Satan? No. He condemned him eternally.

Is this you called always forgiving? Is this the word of god or the word of anonymous authors who hide behind the apostles' names?

If god always forgiving as you claimed, then Hell doesn't exist. The most sensible thing to punish a sinner is either through Reincarnation or simply cease the soul from existence.

But first god need to prove himself. Otherwise his law is meaningless.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I look forward to the day, I and my children and loved ones are snatched from this world to be with my loving father God.

Rapture

Definition: The belief that faithful Christians will be bodily caught up from the earth, suddenly taken out of the world, to be united with the Lord “in the air.” The word “rapture” is understood by some persons, but not by all, to be the meaning of 1 Thessalonians 4:17. The word “rapture” does not occur in the inspired Scriptures.

End of story for some people.

Source: Rapture: Reasoning

But for those who insist, try the link.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

You tell me which of your so called sons sacrificed their son for human kind. And on top of that, there are biblical proof of the cities that were destroyed in the bible. But listen, I'm not here to lecture you.

Why would god need a son? Why would god even bother to get Mary pregnant? This sound like Zeus who love to rape and impregnant human female. Don't you think the Almighty god a bit too "human" to have wife and son? Pagan gods like Zeus and Odin love to be like human, but why do christian god has to be the same as this pagan gods?

Human are filthy creation made of dust and water. Why would god even lust for Human female and have kids with them? Surely there could have better sentient divine being worthy for god? But then again why do people assume god share human traits such as lust for sex and desire to have family?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
What would i say?

I would look God directly in the eye with a very serious expression and say....

'This one time, at band camp.....'

Coomba98

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Are you asking random internet atheists, what they are going to say to god when they die?

Just remember that the Bible declares that the dead are “conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5)

Kinda hard to think of something to say when you're “conscious of nothing at all.”

Myth 1: The Soul Is Immortal

What is the origin of the myth?

“The early Christian philosophers adopted the Greek concept of the soul’s immortality and thought of the soul as being created by God and infused into the body at conception.”​—The New Encyclopædia Britannica (1988), Volume 11, page 25.

What does the Bible say?

“The soul that sinneth, it shall die.”​—Ezekiel 18:4, King James Version.
...“soul” in the Biblical sense refers to the entire living being. If separated from the life force originally given by God, the soul dies.​—Genesis 3:19; Ezekiel 18:20.

The doctrine of the immortality of the soul raised questions: Where do souls go after death? What happens to the souls of the wicked? When nominal Christians adopted the myth of the immortal soul, this led them to accept another myth​—the teaching of hellfire.
FACT:

At death a person ceases to exist

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I get that -- about all of us being imperfect and that our actions have repercussions, as a pebble dropped in a pool, they are ever-expanding. I get all that.

What I don't agree with is the "born-in-sin-and-there-is-no-redemption-ever-no-matter-whacha-do" thang. That seems hopeless, and the God I believe in doesn't roll that way.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Perhaps...
"Silence Is Golden"
"As Above, So Below"
"An It Hurt None, Do As You Will"
Lastly: "Know Thyself"

There Are Only 7 Esoteric Chants That Flatter The Lord Who Does Not Like Flattery...

I Left Out Three. My Apologies.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
One Of The Seven Is Universal.
Yet Many Are Appalled By It.

It's A Creed, Open To A Variety Of Interpretations.
"In The Name Of The Father, And Of The Son, And Of The Holy Spirit!" Amen...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Can anyone guess what the remaining two are...

You already know them...btw

<< 1  2    4 >>

join