It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you will say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Raggedyman

I was talking about all the murderers, rapists... etc etc

Just believe and all is forgiven, they get a free pass...

i don't believe it for a second but thats what you're selling

Dont do anything for the reward, do it because we love Jesus

Sure ya do...

Know them by their fruit indeed

There all asshats arnt they ak, only you are good

You have nothing

Nope not all...

I have nothing?

Do you ever make sense?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: darkuniverse

Agnostic here,

First of all, I believe that there is something, but what that something is, I know not. I was raised Christian, with a little more lenient of a viewpoint.

Now then, as to what I'd say: I'd tell him the stories that I've gathered over the course of my life: The good, the bad, the sad, the peaceful moments and yes, even those times that I did something truly wrong. We were put here to learn, were we not? What do you think God wants to hear more?

"I continuously told people to join my savior Jesus Christ, and attempted to save them from the temptations of the Devil. I converted many with my travels around the world, and saved more people from the Devil"

or

"Hey God, I want to tell you about the time where I saved someone out of kindness. I was very depressed for a while, and started taking walks late at night. I know, I know, horrible idea. Anyway, on one cold winter night, I passed a guy wearing shabby clothes, carrying large amounts of groceries. I past him by the first time...but on my way back I saw that the groceries had spilled, and he practically was howling in misery.

Without a word, I picked up the groceries, and asked if he needed help - He told me that he wasn't sure he was going to make it, as he needed sugar; he was starting to feint on me, so I did my best to get him to his apartment.

On the way there, I learned that he was a recent felon, diabetic, and could barely afford his groceries and rent; he lived in a dubious apartment complex. Had a drug problem too. I kept talking with him, despite all the red flags. By the time we got there, I was frozen - he offered to pay me, but I couldn't care less about the money: He was home safe, and yeah, he could have been a serial killer - but like a certain someone, I knew in that moment to look past that, and see him for who he was: A person.
"

That story was true: If you mean to tell me that one act alone doesn't qualify me for Heaven, then you'll have some explaining to do in front of God yourself.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Akragon

Would you at least ask why God gives "free passes"? It would be good to understand why before turning it down.

I don't believe he does...

Everything has a purpose, and a consequence...

That's good because He doesn't.

You don't get to just utter the words "I'm sorry" and walk off free. You have to acknowledge and feel that the things you have done in your life are wrong.

If you murdered someone, you have to feel that remorse, guilt, shame over that ... you know real repentance, not just the 5-year-old notion of apology.

Most people have a hard time acknowledging that they aren't perfect and that they do things wrong and feeling bad about that.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Akragon

Would you at least ask why God gives "free passes"? It would be good to understand why before turning it down.

I don't believe he does...

Everything has a purpose, and a consequence...

That's good because He doesn't.

You don't get to just utter the words "I'm sorry" and walk off free. You have to acknowledge and feel that the things you have done in your life are wrong.

If you murdered someone, you have to feel that remorse, guilt, shame over that ... you know real repentance, not just the 5-year-old notion of apology.

Most people have a hard time acknowledging that they aren't perfect and that they do things wrong and feeling bad about that.

and thats all well and good...

Though i also don't believe everything is forgivable either...

Not that "hell" or eternal torment is an option, but again... im sure there are consequences that fit the "sin"

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I was talking about all the murderers, rapists... etc etc

Just believe and all is forgiven, they get a free pass...

i don't believe it for a second but thats what you're selling

Dont do anything for the reward, do it because we love Jesus

Sure ya do...

Know them by their fruit indeed

There all asshats arnt they ak, only you are good

You have nothing

Nope not all...

I have nothing?

Do you ever make sense?

I always thought the asshats were the pig headed narcisists myself

You still got nothing

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Got nothing for what?

you still make no sense.. so

same old i guess

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Go home, God.
You are drunk.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
God leaves no irrefutable evidences of His existence. Is it my fault?

God's words were written by dubious anonymous authors, badly translated, no original copies, causing confusion and segregation among Christians sects. Is it my fault not to trust it?

Why should I have faith in someone who never even met Jesus, like John of Patmos?

Why would I trust books that were heavily argued by the Christians themselves, like Revelation?

Why should I trust Greek's Platonism Logos or Word which Jesus never spoke of?

God repeatedly remind me against those who misused his Words and name. Is it my fault to be cautious?

God gives me freewill and wisdom to choose my own path. Is my fault to choose what I myself believe to be true?

When the hour is come for me to stand before God's judgement, I will have nothing but honesty by my side. If God deem I'm unworthy of Afterlife, so be it. I shall not regret Sheoul nor the second death. I've come from nothing and to nothing I will return.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Simple.

Forgive me father for I have sinned.

And all will be forgiven. no?

Otherwise, I'll be saying point me north when you bury me. So I can lead others true.... and feed the worms as I do it.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
What would I say?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DD2029

I am reminded of a scene from an Aussie movie for some reason.

John Clarke and a mate, were carrying a dead body to bury it.. out of the blue, John says "Did you just fart?" and his accomplice says "No?".... "Oh.. must have been me."

and for levity, something completely different.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This is a question for all the atheists. God does bless everyone. We are all his children. He does NOT love one more than the other. When he sent his only son, as a sacrifice for mans sins, he did it for all men. The one thing God asks, is uou believe in what his son did, accept him as your saviour.
As for good works. Good works alone don't get you to heaven. Good works with faith gets you to heaven. Good works show you love your neighbor like your brother or sister. People laugh that they would rather burn in hell. Believe me when I say this, it is NOT a place of party city, but a eternity of tournment.
It is sad to say but true....to "to most people, earth, this life will be as close to heaven as they will get, but in actuality, this place is hell.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

God gives you proof of his existence everywhere. Trees, the birds, the planets, the universe. Jesus was asked, how many times must you forgive, 7 times, Jesus said no, 7 times over. God will always forgive for he is a just God and loving God.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkuniverse
This is a question for all the atheists. God does bless everyone. We are all his children. He does NOT love one more than the other. When he sent his only son, as a sacrifice for mans sins, he did it for all men. The one thing God asks, is uou believe in what his son did, accept him as your saviour.
As for good works. Good works alone don't get you to heaven. Good works with faith gets you to heaven. Good works show you love your neighbor like your brother or sister. People laugh that they would rather burn in hell. Believe me when I say this, it is NOT a place of party city, but a eternity of tournment.
It is sad to say but true....to "to most people, earth, this life will be as close to heaven as they will get, but in actuality, this place is hell.
Do you know that atheists don’t believe any of this? It’s very much like asking you.

“What are you going to tell Odin when you die?”

Oh, well, you don’t believe in Odin. What would it take to convince you that Odin is real?
edit on 20-2-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

a reply to: EasternShadow

God gives you proof of his existence everywhere. Trees, the birds, the planets, the universe. Jesus was asked, how many times must you forgive, 7 times, Jesus said no, 7 times over. God will always forgive for he is a just God and loving God.
But Odin gives you proof everywhere with the snow and the rams, and the steel pulled from the ground?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Do you know the quickest way to becoming an atheist? Start asking them questions.

Thats funny Woodie, I find the opposite to be true
Atheists have no answers to anything outside science and science is very limited in its knowledge

While I dont agree withthe OPs summerisation in detail, we all have free will to choose what we want, I am sure you do realise one day you may have to make an account of your life, maybe even to yourself
Or maybe you dont tink you will, thats a question, you cant answer

Smoke and mirrors, just a silly answer with no real valid anything behind it at all.
Ask an atheist questions? Really?
They will only reply in science or their faith...
That is hilarious that your best argument against atheists, is that science is on our side. And by the way you use that point, as some kind of an insult, is beyond belief.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Don't know Odin, never heard of him. But what you believe, is your choice. Thats the free will.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Don't know Odin, never heard of him. But what you believe, is your choice. Thats the free will.
But why don’t you believe in Odin? How do the seasons change if not for Odin? What makes the wheat grow, if not Odin? Where does my bravery in battle come from, if not from Odin?

You can see the sky right? Odin made that. Can you see the grass? Odin made that.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

The creation of seasons, and all and a creation of God, the proof is in the bible and Gods word. Don't see no book about Odin, made up character.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

The creation of seasons, and all and a creation of God, the proof is in the bible and Gods word. Don't see no book about Odin, made up character.
You’ve never heard of Odin? When you make it to the sixth grade next year, they will probably tell you about him. There are tons of books written about him, definitely no reason to doubt that he is the all father.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join