It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump backs improved gun background checks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

A bi-partisan bill would ensure states and agencies accurately report criminal information to the FBI.

So they need to create a new law for something the other laws should already be doing!

MORONS!

That's not it. They are not morons.

It's because the Government is divided into three distinct branches.

1. LEGISLATURE
2. JUDICIARY
3. EXECUTIVE

And so, lawmakers have no power to enforce any laws. All they can do is introduce new laws. That's their "restrictive" power. We the people told them that's all they are allowed to do. So, that's what they do.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

reuters

politico

I wont argue with your legal loopholes though, way 2 deep state 4 my taste.

They Lie.

And... They Live!
edit on 19-2-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

They are MORONS.

ALL 3 of them.

They can't read the second.

Second Amendment

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

They can't read the fourth.

Fourth Amendment

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

They can't read the fifth.

Fifth Amendment

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime,unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself; nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.

They can't read the sixth.

Sixth Amendment

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial,by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed; which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor; and to have the assistance of counsel for his defence.

They can't read the seventh.

Seventh Amendment

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars,the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury shall be otherwise reexamined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of common law.

They can't read the ninth.

Ninth Amendment

The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

They can't read the tenth.

Tenth Amendment

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people

www.aclu.org...

They can't read the fourthteenth.

Amendment XIV

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Q.E.D.

edit on 19-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Fight poverty, fund education and buy loads of Norwegian social workers. You can keep your guns on! They're probably just the last addition at the end of a long equation, we all know that. Right?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Oh, did he decide that while at the Mara Largo over this long weekend? Good, I guess maybe he will retread, on his mental illness stance. Good job trump

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Nope. He wasted not a single decision due to a pre-occupation with FBI false flag boomerangs, and pranks from staffers with remote-controlled golf balls for Grandpa. Finally, his advisors presented him with a "solution" in a last second effort to score another point for Team Whitewash.

A well working working theory thus far.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Like spitting in the wind. The feeble measures won’t stop this epidemic of mass murder.

It has become acceptable to many people, like accidents and natural disasters, that children are slaughtered now and then.
Evil has become fair seeming to many.

Is it possible that the left will accept a certain amount of death to keep an agenda afloat?

After all, we use guns to protect people at sporting events, courtrooms, banks, etc, etc ad nauseum.

When it comes to our children though, we legally make a special place where nobody is allowed a gun except a killer or a sociopath or a criminal.

Then we send our children there.

I personally think that the left keeps these gun free zones alive so when crap happens they can keep promoting their agenda. By Any Means Necessary, right?

You know what would happen if concealed carry was allowed in schools and sheriffs and police were allowed office space to pop in and do their paperwork at a random school?

You would no longer have a soft target... something these twisted individuals specifically target, according to their own manifestos and writings after we have to go through the damage.

But the left will not allow that. Why not?

I think it is because they would see that as a political loss. They would no longer have a tragedy to exploit for political purposes.

The left does not really care about the children. They are a means to an end.

You want this school shooting madness to stop? Then you need to fix society. You should have left God in schools. You should have been OK with a simple heterosexual relationship. You should have recognized the value of a strong mother and father model. Or a family unit at all. This is coming from someone that is not religious, not hetero and has 5 well adjusted children.

And before you wail and scream and have a butt embolism about me not being PC, please share the link to all the mass shootings at private and religious schools in America.

Then we can compare apples to apples. You know, the kids you are worried about.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

So you're against background checks?

Why?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Does shooting up churches by these maniacs count?
Dylan Roof Charleston North Carolina? Nine church members killed.
Devin Kelly Sutherland Springs Texas? Twenty six church goers gone.
Wasn't God in those churches?

This isn't a religious issue.
And last how dare you say God isn't with our children where ever they happen to be? If you're religious you don't think God isn't everywhere. That's what I was taught anyway. There's no place you can go where God isn't so no one could take God out of school.
But zealot...That's an appropriate nomer. Trying to control the masses with your religion.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Spot on!

And to answer your question: red list actionism like that wont change a thing. You cant groom social cohesion with background checks, this doesn't even address the whole situation.
You'd have to lay out how this is supposed to prevent anybody like him from having any sort of gun to run amok with. Until then I'll go with "it doesn't".

The availability of guns and automatic rifles sure as hell is a problem, but it aint the reason for this kind of attacks. When will those pesky oligarchs decide to fight poverty, alienation and a lack of education for good?
Oh wait! You said "never"? Well, well, well. Background checks start to make sense in a more sinister way now.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Isn't there a way that we can come up with some kind of solution that would protect gun rights and our population from people who go off the deep end?
Can't we put our heads together to find a solution?

Instead of posting debates on the issue of rights and ownership and personal safety?

Let's have a few posts on how you would solve the problem.
Let's entertain some positivity that we can fix this.
Any takers?
And keep in mind there will never be a solution that guarantees 100% this won't happen. Like they say about seatbelts. They dont prevent every automobile crash death but they prevent a lot of them.
Let's shoot (no pun intended) for a fix that works most of the time.
Please?
edit on 2202018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

That neighborhood didn't look like a poverty stricken uneducated alienated place to me.
Looks like a nice upper middle class manicured lawns and posh shops kind of place.
Looks like a place where parents belong to the PTSA and are involved in their kids lives.

Cruz was an alienated individual. He was sick. He was known to be sick. He shouldn't have been able to get a gun. But he was. So what do we do?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Now if we can only get Democrats to support this. There was a bill that would've improved criminal and mental health reporting to NICS back in 2013 and Democrats filibustered it.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

That's essentially why I added podcasts from The Intercepted in the OP as well. You're asking for a big throw and I think we're looking at a few solutions already.

# UBI for every (illegal) human being to end poverty for good
# legalize all kinds of dope to win the war on drugs
# develop social programs (and infrastructure) to tackle alienation
# fight terror with the export of enlightenment, not with violence
# preserve the environment we live in and reconnect with nature

None of those things will be adopted due to potential profits the shareholders would have to kiss goodbye. There's a deadlock at the end of this road, positivism will likely bring our species to it's end. "It's the economy, stupid!"
Remember Fukushima? We're talking about a restart on Mars already.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

You wont believe how many criminals are "nice upper middle class" people. Domestic abuse rings a bell?

Cruz was an alienated individual. He was sick. He was known to be sick. He shouldn't have been able to get a gun. But he was. So what do we do?

How would you tackle alienation and the lack of perspective, with half-witted gun-laws?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Too much tip-toeing.

Gun control, legislation, regulation... whatever word you choose. That's what we need. My right to life, my child's right to life and any child's right to life, precludes any right you think you have to a weapon of this sort.

There's no need for an AR-15 in the civilian market. None. You hunt with shotguns, handguns, and rifles. That should be good enough. I suggest anything that has a capacity to hold more than 5-6 rounds at a time is completely unnecessary. They're just ego toys beyond that.

And I'm going to try to address some of the arguments that will surely be incoming. I have no problem with the 2nd amendment. I like it. But let's be honest, you're not going to stand up to a tyrannical government with an AR-15. Don't be ridiculous. (and if you think you are, then you probably won't pass the mental health check). Let's keep in mind, however that the constitution is a malleable document. It's meant to be pliable. I'm not saying we rescind it, but by god, we can sure as hell regulate it.

But what about (knives, hammers, cars etc)? How about we stop being silly. Those items were invented with a primary purpose and can be used for murder. I get it. But what is the primary purpose for a gun? Again, I'm not against all guns, but surely we can draw a line at assault type weapons. (my simplistic definition being: a semi-automatic weapon that is capable of firing more than 5-6 rounds without reloading)

Since I'm on this thought, let's take a look at another possible option. Let's keep that car comparison for a second. You have to take a test and prove you are capable and proficient at using an automobile. There's even different license classifications. Why can this not be applied to firearm ownership? You get endorsed for specific weapons and have to renew at set intervals. Seems like an option to me that would work wonders. Doesn't affect your "right to own" and only regulates the more "sporty" variety of weapons.

I'm gonna stop here before I get too long winded. I understand that this post isn't going to be the "a-ha" moment for anyone. Only a fool would think he'd propose an idea and the whole world would just be like "holy sh*t, he's right!" lol. But I just want to get some of my thoughts off my chest and hope maybe I can open an avenue of discussion in the course.

I'll wrap up with the "licensing" idea being my favorite theory at this point. Would give us some regulation and a more specific database about who owns what kind of weapon. I'd like to think it would be a step in coupling with some other ideas that could make this country at least a little safer.

Thank you for letting me ramble on a little.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

So, basically instead of the FBI relying on state and local agencies willingly submitting data and information, they are now going to mandate that it happen (at least, my understanding is that there's no real mandate at the moment).

As much as I dislike a larger central government, if we're going to rely on a centralized NICS background-check system, we need to have the most complete data available.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

So the left has the power to control all schools in the country.

I doubt it since the right has the power over the charter schools.

Also, I posted a thread saying just about the same thing you say about the fall of this culture on the day of the massacre
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Btw, A sick love of guns is part of that cultural depravity

Finally, whatever the solution, guns are part of the problem therefore need to be a part of the solution and only the dense, and deaf, dumb and blind don’t understand that

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

How many shootings have taken place in private schools, charter schools, religious schools?

Really curious about this.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Did you gloss over the churches now?

Nov. 5, 2017: Dressed in black tactical-style gear and body armor, and armed with a military-style rifle and other guns, 26-year-old Devin Patrick Kelley opened fire at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, Texas, killing 26 people and wounding about 20 others.

Sept 24, 2017: Emanuel Kidega Samson, 25, was charged with killing a woman and wounding six other people with gunshots at Burnette Chapel Church of Christ in Nashville, Tennessee.

Aug. 13, 2016: Imam Maulana Alauddin Akonjee and his friend Thara Uddin were fatally shot as they left a New York City mosque. Oscar Morel, 35, was charged with second-degree murder.

Aug. 9, 2016: A shooting during a party at a Jersey City, New Jersey, church left 17-year-old Leander Williams dead. Two teenage girls suffered upper body wounds and were later released, CBS New York reports. Daequan Jackson, 18, was charged with murder.

April 24, 2016: Mark Storms fatally shot 27-year-old Robert Braxton III during Sunday services in a suburban Philadelphia church. Storms, 46, argued self-defense, but was sentenced to 10 to 20 years in prison for voluntary manslaughter.

Feb. 28, 2016: Rev. William B. Schooler, 70, was fatally shot by his 68-year-old brother inside an office at St. Peter's Missionary Baptist Church in Dayton, Ohio, as Sunday services were winding down. Daniel Schooler was found guilty of murder and sentenced to 31 years to life in prison.

June 17, 2015: Nine black worshippers including a pastor were killed by Dylann Roof, a 21-year-old white supremacist, after he prayed with them for nearly an hour. The shooting happened at the historic Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in downtown Charleston, South Carolina. Roof was convicted of federal hate-crime and obstruction-of-religion charges and sentenced to death.

April 13, 2014: Neo-Nazi and former Ku Klux Klan leader Frazier Miller Jr. fatally shot Dr. William Corporon and his 14-year-old grandson Reat Underwood outside an Overland Park, Kansas, Jewish community center as they arrived for an event. He then drove to a Jewish retirement community where he fatally shot Terry LaManno, who was visiting her mother.

March 31, 2013: A 28-year-old man fatally shot his father during Easter services at the Hiawatha Church of God in Christ in Ashtabula, Ohio. Reshad Riddle then made a rambling statement at the pulpit while yelling about God and Allah, still holding his handgun as panicked worshippers fled the church.

Dec. 2, 2012: Elementary school music teacher Gregory Eldred, 52, shot his ex-wife, Darlene Sitler, while she played the organ during a church service at the First United Presbyterian Church in Coudersport, Pennsylvania.

Oct. 24, 2012: A former facilities maintenance employee at World Changers Church International in College Park, Georgia, opened fire, killing church volunteer Greg McDowell, 39, while he was leading a prayer. Police arrested Floyd Palmer, 51, who was found guilty but mentally ill and sentenced to life in prison.

Aug. 5, 2012: Six members of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin, in Oak Creek, were fatally shot by a white supremacist, Wade Michael Page. Page was shot by a responding officer and later killed himself.

May 9, 2012: Joseph Lewis Jr., 84, was fatally shot while sitting in a car guarding Victory Way Assembly Church of God in Christ in Detroit, Michigan. Two teenagers, 15-year-old Anthony Williams and 18-year-old Alandre Boone, attacked him while a Bible study took place inside. Police suspected robbery was the motive. Both teenagers were tried and convicted as adults for second-degree murder.

May 3, 2012: A homeless man killed himself after fatally shooting a priest and a church secretary at St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Ellicott City, Maryland. Police said Douglas Franklin Jones had been turned away from the church food bank about two weeks earlier for visiting every day instead of weekly.

www.cbsnews.com...

Whatever. I like your first post in this thread enough to simply gloss over your last one.

Que dices?
edit on 20-2-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join