It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump backs improved gun background checks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

The White House has said US President Donald Trump would back efforts to improve gun background checks. A bi-partisan bill would ensure states and agencies accurately report criminal information to the FBI.
US President Donald Trump supports an effort to improve federal background checks for gun purchases, the White House said Monday.

"While discussions are ongoing and revisions are being considered, the President is supportive of efforts to improve the Federal background check system," Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement.

On Friday, Trump spoke with Senator John Cornyn, a Texas Republican, about a bi-partisan bill introduced with Democratic Senator Chris Murphy.

The bill aims to ensure federal agencies and states comply with existing laws and accurately report criminal information to the national background check system run by the FBI.

The legislation does not add new restrictions on gun purchases.

Survivors of the Parkland shooting and their supporters plan to march in Washington next month to call for stricter gun control.

Trump has largely tried to avoid the politically divisive gun debate, instead blaming mass shootings such as the one from last week on mental-health issues.

He blamed the FBI for missing "all of the many signals sent out by the Florida school shooter," saying that instead they were too distracted by the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Past efforts to advance comprehensive gun control reform have failed to move anywhere in Congress.

However, in a sign the Cornyn-Murphy bill could advance, the powerful NRA gun lobby said last fall that it "has long supported the inclusion of all legitimate records in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System."

Donald Trump backs improved gun background checks (DW)

Well. That escalated rather quickly. Yet another list for Big Brother to grind away, the freedom! Once a convicted pot smoker and you're out of the club, I'd reckon.

I'll add another perspective, it's a very very very short snipped from the other prophetic pot-cast:

[...]
One of the things that I’m hearing over and over again, and I think that’s what’s really interesting, it tells you how much of an American story this is, as opposed to this transnational immigrant one that the administration is trying to portray, is the fact that this violence happened in the same way that violence happens in other American communities: because schools are underfunded, because kids don’t have places to hang out at, because there’s massive poverty, because of, you know, the same issues we see in suburban communities all over the country.[...]

INTERCEPTED PODCAST: AMERICA’S DISTRIBUTION OF VIOLENCE

Quick question: how are improved background checks supposed to change anything of that? Que dices? ... What was that again? They are not, which is why this will be through quick and painless? Ahh... I see.... populism graps actionism by...

Anyway. The rest is pretty good as well, there's even the full interview with NYU professor Nikhil Singh in the next one, LAUNDERING OF AMERICAN EMPIRE. Just in case anyone of you partisan hacks are still up to the underrated science of the century, my friends probably listen to "the #" already. If one of them isn't... whatever.
See ya on the other side of those 3 hours! Kidding, I just can't stop posting Intercepted stuff, it's like sharing a good habit or something.

Now, back to this lawmaker in charge... I could use a sack of Trumpets X-plane to me how this BS game of checkers makes MAGA winning again, preferably in a moronic way and with Bakedbeard headline. Ya know... the old number one sauce I like so much. Any takers?

Have at it!

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Like spitting in the wind. The feeble measures won’t stop this epidemic of mass murder.

It has become acceptable to many people, like accidents and natural disasters, that children are slaughtered now and then.
Evil has become fair seeming to many.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

That's today. Tomorrow? Probably not.
His base will scream and he will come back to you, never fear.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Let's address legal fake shootings before we progress to the guilt stage.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
this isnt bad... majority of gun owners want a improved background check

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Would a more intense/thorough background check have stopped Florida shooter, Nikolas Cruz, from purchasing a gun?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Any angle to disarm people will be exploited.

Look at medical MJ cards being used to disarm people.

This behavior should scare everyone.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's kinda... actually the point here. What gives?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Why?

Ok, I'm listening. Give it to me straight.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Well, even Trump supporters don't believe much of what he says anymore.

And his advisers have taken a unique approach as well.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

A bi-partisan bill would ensure states and agencies accurately report criminal information to the FBI.

So they need to create a new law for something the other laws should already be doing!

MORONS!

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

We spend (waste) time focusing on the weapon used, and not on who used it.

*sigh*

We need to focus on the next school shooter.

He's out there.

Right now.

We need to teach him that there are different ways to cope with bullying, being an outsider. We need to teach him that permanent solutions to short-term problems aren't the answer.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The laws are already in place, they just have to start making sure that the information is being downloaded in the bases. The problem is though that someone can take their parents guns and go do one of these senseless shootings. I may have wished lightning would strike a few people back when I was in school, but would never take a gun to school let alone shoot random people, actually I would not even shoot people I hated. Most boys had knives when I was in school, they had to be pocket knives and legal. I never once saw or heard of a kid pulling a knife out at a school fight, it was just wrestling and punching. People nowadays think our civilization here in the US is getting better, no it hasn't. We played with squirt guns and played army and cowboys and indians and a school massacre like the ones we have lately were not happening. Sure, there was shooting of targeted kids in the big cities, most times that was drug related hits. Not in the little towns.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

The White House has said US President Donald Trump would back efforts to improve gun background checks. A bi-partisan bill would ensure states and agencies accurately report criminal information to the FBI.
US President Donald Trump supports an effort to improve federal background checks for gun purchases, the White House said Monday.

Well,
There is one good thing there. If as it says, report criminal information to the FBI, (no doubt Trump is thinking just about background checks), but, it''s actually quite a biggy, because the Federal government doesn't get anywhere near enough information from the police stats since a load of states don't bother their fat fannys sending crime stats of any sort to the Federal Government. So, if they all need to send the stats, the nations crime stats will be as accurate as can be... and smarten the police up as well.
Before it was hit and miss. This will be the first time ever I think, as long as they don't completely wreck the idea by cherrypicking what sort of crimes..it has to be all crimes to work anyway.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Survivors of the Parkland shooting and their supporters plan to march in Washington next month to call for stricter gun control.

National Firearms Act

Gun Control Act

Fire Arms Protection Act

Brady Handgun Prevention

Public Safety and Recreational Act

Stricter gun control!

Some more MORONS.

edit on 19-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Like spitting in the wind. The feeble measures won’t stop this epidemic of mass murder.

It has become acceptable to many people, like accidents and natural disasters, that children are slaughtered now and then.
Evil has become fair seeming to many.

Too bad you aren't this outraged when children are killed by drunk drivers.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
America is such a strange place. Where firearms are treasured over the safety of their kids in school.

I don't care...thankfully I don't have any kids. But I do have a nice collection of shotguns.

edit on 19-2-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
America is a stupid place.

Today we begin to disarm the criminal and the careless and the insane. All of our people who are deeply concerned in this country about law and order should hail this day.

www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Just because I'm feeling generous tonite.

A bi-partisan bill would ensure states and agencies accurately report criminal information to the FBI.

he Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (Pub.L. 103–159, 107 Stat. 1536, enacted November 30, 1993), often referred to as the Brady Act or the Brady Bill,[1][2] is an Act of the United States Congressthat mandated federal background checks on firearm purchasers in the United States, and imposed a five-day waiting period on purchases, until the NICS system was implemented in 1998.

Hmmm.

In its 1997 decision in the case, the Supreme Court ruled that the provision of the Brady Act that compelled state and local law enforcement officials to perform the background checks was unconstitutional on 10th amendment grounds.

Interesting little factoid.

However, the overall Brady statute was upheld and state and local law enforcement officials remained free to conduct background checks if they so chose

Are you a sheep or are you a mean mofo servant of the Bill of Rights?

I retort.

They Lie.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join