It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Issues with facebook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I received a message on facebook from a friend stating that she wasn't receiving any messages from many fo her friends and was concerned about it.

She is also a right supporter. It brought to mind problems I've been having as well. A few months back, I started receiving notifications while at work on my cell-Verizon- that weren't arriving on the laptop on facebook. Numerous times.

My responses from friends have also crashed. There doesn't seem to be any issues if it's via 'groups' that I am a member of as those same individuals posts are forwarded as they should. Yet on my personal site? My suspicion is the communication lines are being cut.

They've apparently, a smokescreen(?), have changed the protocols for which messages get forwarded.

It could be merely a misunderstanding on our part,both of us are older and not computer savvy. Then again maybe not.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Did you download the "Messenger" app they put out a few years ago?

My partner wondered the same thing, but just couldn't recieve the messages because he didn't know about the app.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
I received a message on facebook from a friend stating that she wasn't receiving any messages from many fo her friends and was concerned about it.

She is also a right supporter. It brought to mind problems I've been having as well. A few months back, I started receiving notifications while at work on my cell-Verizon- that weren't arriving on the laptop on facebook. Numerous times.

My responses from friends have also crashed. There doesn't seem to be any issues if it's via 'groups' that I am a member of as those same individuals posts are forwarded as they should. Yet on my personal site? My suspicion is the communication lines are being cut.

They've apparently, a smokescreen(?), have changed the protocols for which messages get forwarded.

It could be merely a misunderstanding on our part,both of us are older and not computer savvy. Then again maybe not.

Ummm...nope...no issues here...

Of course...that might be because I don't do facebook...I come here instead...

Sorry to hear...about your account...there...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

My partner wondered the same thing, but just couldn't recieve the messages because he didn't know about the app.

No I didn't. I will try that and see if it handles. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I checked and apparently I did download messenger.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

That sounds like the first point of call, in fact I only started around a year ago using messenger, afer clearing out a backlog of e-mails and finding the sign-in page for messenger from facebook in the e-mail, forby that I'm not a facebook enthusiast, but do use it in moderation.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Hmm. Sorry, that was my only suggestion.

I know a lot of people have given up on facebook messenger as it's become a big transmitter of spam and virus filled messages. That might account for some messages not being replied to?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Don't install messenger, it activates your microphone.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Hmm. Sorry, that was my only suggestion.

I know a lot of people have given up on facebook messenger as it's become a big transmitter of spam and virus filled messages. That might account for some messages not being replied to?

The issue is messages to me, not from me or replied to. I will get notifications of messages on my cell phone. They don't appear on my computer, though. Not all of them, just many of them. Usually on sites I've commented on. I wouldn't have even know about this if my phone didn't show them, occasionally.

Weird.
edit on 19-2-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Why is anyone using facebook...

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I realized that FB messenger is just another way for people to contact me and ask me to do something for them. So...now and then (well, really just once) I have *maybe* acted like I was not getting messages. I think I blamed it on my 4 year old swiping my notifications away on my phone.

Then, I just abandoned FB completely so I wouldn't have to go through that, again.

Hope this helps!
edit on 2/19/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

It's called "FAKEBOOK" for a reason.. it's so "last millenium". Ie: MYSPACE, only with more malware and virus prone..

Kids n teens don't seem to use it much anymore. "It's for old people. Moms n Dads, and 30-somethings".

Snapchat, Instagram and Twitter are the current favs.. and they too are slowly slipping....
edit on 19-2-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Usually uninstalling and reinstalling an app or program fixes problems like these.

In this case I'd just do step one and skip step two.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
March 31, 2018

Because I have typed the word "Facebook" 2 times in an ATS post today, (now 3), my Microsoft Edge Browser "New Tab" page now has a Facebook icon in the "Most Visited Sites" list. Crazy, isn't it? I've not visited the Facebook website in years.

There's no doubt that Microsoft and Facebook are working together, and are deep-mining our surfing habits.

edit on 3/31/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
www.business2community.com... Well , we could hope

top topics

join