It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are four types of drinker – which one are you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
During my Corporate years In the workforce;I would spent as much time drinking as working. My body was extremely resistant to whisky. a reply to: olaru12

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I’d say “coping” because the only time I want a glass of wine is after a long day. But the article links that to heavier drinking (if I understood it right) and I’m not a heavy drinker.

I’m kind of a lightweight so one glass of wine is more than enough. It makes me sleepy and I sometime have a headache the next day. I know... I sound like a party animal.

I don’t like to drink socially because I like to stay awake at parties.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
I’m kind of a lightweight so one glass of wine is more than enough. It makes me sleepy...

Yeah, me too...

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I drink too much. I will admit it. Honestly I wish I would quit for now. I think it interferes with my diet and my sleeping.

I like to drink in the morning. I wake up at 230-3 am.... drink coffee. So a beer at 7 is like most peoples beer at noon

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
I like to drink in the morning. I wake up at 230-3 am.... drink coffee. So a beer at 7 is like most peoples beer at noon

I get that... I finish work at 3.30am... then people see you at 7am, 9 beers down and act all crazy, like as if you've got some kind of problem or something.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I quit drinking like 27 or 28 years ago. I lost track of how long ago it was. I would of been dead if I didn't quit.
I don't know what number that falls under.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ummm, I don't fit any of those types?

I enjoy the occasional hard cider with my supper or maybe a margarita or Long Island iced tea with my food at a restaurant. I might get closer to social drinking with my extended family or at a wedding, but I never get drunk.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems".

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Purely a social drinker here. I rarely have so much as even vanilla extract in the kitchen. But I am competitive, and I must play beer pong when challenged. Its the only time I ever get drunk, when people invite me to parties and I will throw in a twelve pack to do my part.

Otherwise, I find consuming alcohol to be a waste of my money. Although, there is the occasional rare date I have with the wife and we share a handful of drinks when we go out.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Adding another type to the list: "Person that drinks lightly when social, but more when at home".

If I'm out with friends, I usually will either not drink or only have something light, knowing that I have a long ride home. At home though, I throw the keys in a corner, and maybe will have a sipper shot of something hard.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I generally try to just drink alone... social drinking is no good for me.

Just last weekend, I had a work function where we went to a T20 cricket match at the MCG, the big boss was their and everything... Anyway, long story short, I was approached by the police and kicked out... for apparently being "over hydrated".

Next thing I remember, I'm in a taxi outside my apartment block... I jump out of the taxi, go to walk across the road and just go down like a sack of bricks... tbh, I'm fairly sure I must have blacked before hitting the pavement, cause I seriously didn't feel that ground at all!

End result... a massive black eye, Grazes all up the right side of my body and some cracked ribs.

So yeah... think I might keep the "social drinking" to people less prone to that binging type of behaviour from now on... at least when I'm at home by myself, I've got a couch to cushion the fall...

Lol that reminded me of a time when some work mates and I went on one of those night time tours of the old Fremantle jail... Of chouarse I did my usual trick and preloaded before, then got tanked on the way, and by time we even got to the place, I was already blacking out.
I think I must be the only person in history to be kicked out of a prison...

My drinking is slow suicide. Liver is screaming at me as per the MRI, kidneys are growing new features, general health is sayonara..

Was sober for 2 years once. got my certificate in community services, was planning on a career helping others. aaaaaand.. here I am fighting a hangover.

I'l make it back.. just not today.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I don`t fit any of these.I enjoy a beer with some types of food,I drink a few a week for health reasons-kidney stone risk reduction,beer is a excellent source of vitamins,etc,and working nights a drink helps with sleep.And last,but not least,I like the taste of some typesof beer and some mixed drinks and whiskeys.I haven`t been drunk in years and years because I limit my drinking to meals and bedtime.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I am the type of drinker who prefers water

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
When the missus turns to you in the morning and says to you ,you gave me that warm tingling feeling up my back last night honey , you wet the bed you plonker
it is time to stop drinking

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I don't see myself as any of those types (of course I would say that!).
I really only drink water, coffee and wine and the occasional mixed drink.
I just drink when I want to.
I like trying new wines and drinks.
I couldn't tell you the last time that I was DRUNK but I do remember having one too many and a headache the next morning...UGH!

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GraciaEspn

I am a kind of drinker who drinks water and tea

top topics

<< 1   >>

join