It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the left hates Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

The way Putin has cracked down and turned the state into a gangster capitalist state.

Please explain what a gangster capitalist state is.

The way Putin has murdered independent journalists and now absolutely controls all Russian media from the Kremlin.

Oh and I'm sure there's solid evidence of these murders? And western media isn't in any way controlled by billionaires or manipulated by certain agencies for propaganda purposes? Why did they make propaganda in the U.S. legal a few years back?

The way Putin runs Russia with the help of his KGB/Russian Gangster buddies.

Oh just like how certain U.S. intelligence agencies and politicians are aligned.

The way Putin has conducted aggressive military interventions.

Oh you mean just like the countless aggressive military actions by the U.S.

The cyber-attacks the Russian state has launched against Western infrastructure.

Oh you mean like the U.S. and Israel creating Stuxnet to blow up turbines in nuclear reactors.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I do, however, view ex-KGB agent and arguably the most corruptly rich person in the world -Vladimir Putin

Well then apparently you don't know of many rich people.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: YungMahn
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

You have a LOT to learn if you believe the Democrats are leftists. It’s funny how conservatives cry about words being thrown around loosely yet throw around the word “leftist” without not even knowing what one is

lol, says the Yung Mahn who joined this year.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: Kryties

I do, however, view ex-KGB agent and arguably the most corruptly rich person in the world -Vladimir Putin

Well then apparently you don't know of many rich people.

It's commonly accepted that Putin is actually richer than Bill Gates, although hides his money well.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
I hate the Russian government because they treat their people badly. the Russian people are the epitome of sheep. the oligarchs are rich as sin and the people are poor as dirt with less freedoms.

Well most of the population seems to like Putin... oh but right they are sheep so their opinion is worthless. And I'd like for you to tell me of a nation where there isn't some sort of wealth inequality, the U.S. also has very high levels of wealth inequality, I created a thread on that issue a few years back where I made a chart which still blows my mind to this day: American Wealth Inequality Represented Graphically (155,000,000 vs 400).

And actually in the grand scheme of things Russians don't have it that bad compared to a large number of less fortunate nations who don't have the luxury of being a world super power. Even China has a slightly lower GDP per capita than Russia, mostly because they have such a large population. The same issue applies to Russia, although their population is smaller than that of the U.S., their total GDP is much lower because they don't have the benefit of controlling the world reserve currency or the petrodollar, and they just aren't as creative or innovative as the U.S. if I'm being honest, not many nations are.

But you cannot simply hate a country or its leaders because their economy isn't as great as yours, it seems people in the U.S. often take for granted the fact they live in the worlds most prosperous nation. I am not Russian or American so I have no bias towards either, but Russia is not a land full of people as poor as dirt... isn't your statement some what akin to Trump saying a poor nation is a crap hole? Russia is actually advancing quite quickly in many areas and I don't think it's fair to speak of them as if they were a 3rd world nation, they are a world super power responsible for sending the first humans into space. My nation doesn't even have a space program.

A simpler, more streamlined tax code adopted in 2001 reduced the tax burden on people and dramatically increased state revenue.[193] Russia has a flat tax rate of 13%. This ranks it as the country with the second most attractive personal tax system for single managers in the world after the United Arab Emirates.[194] According to Bloomberg, Russia is considered well ahead of most other resource-rich countries in its economic development, with a long tradition of education, science, and industry.[195] The country has a higher proportion of higher education graduates than any other country in Eurasia.[196]

Russian Economy

edit on 19/2/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Kryties

I don't hate Russia or Russians.....

I do, however, view ex-KGB agent and arguably the most corruptly rich person in the world -Vladimir Putin - with much skepticism along with the rest of his oligarch government. The fact that he has political opponents assassinated in order to maintain power should make ANYONE worry about him.

At least Putin didnt eat them like Idi Amin Dada did his political enemies
He has that going for him.

Yeah he just gets them shot outside the Kremlin, or poisons them with radioactive material.
Former foreign intelligence officer for the KGB of course Americans should trust him....

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

You are so cool. I wish I was you.

pffft...

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

Oh just like how certain U.S. intelligence

Oh you mean just like the countless aggressive military actions by the U.S.

Oh you mean like the U.S.

By that standard I recon every nuclear power minus the US in this world can drop atleast 2 small nukes on a foreign nation and get away with it. Only seems fair

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You seemed to have missed Putins opposition leader getting arrested for protesting against him recently link.. How about another opposition politician being shot Link. Oh, you seem to be also forgetting Crimea, the Ukraine and Syria.

edit on 20-2-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

That article states the guy has a conviction of corruption on his record, so isn't legally allowed to run as a candidate for the presidency. Would such a person really be a good alternative to Putin? If you can show me that the guy did not deserve the conviction, then maybe I will change my view on him. But for now, the law is the law and they should choose an opposition leader without a criminal record if they want a chance.

Also, there is less evidence presented in that article to prove Putin was behind any of those murders, than the amount of evidence we have indicating someone in the DNC had Seth Rich murdered. Don't be so quickly to make assumptions concerning murder cases just because you want to justify your hatred towards a certain politician. And I would argue Russia has dramatically helped people in Syria, they'd have hard line terrorists running their government by now if it wasn't for Russia stepping in. It has been continually shown how the rebels ally with terrorist groups.

I've written multiple threads where I provide evidence and multiple studies indicating the rebels were most likely behind every single chemical attack that happened in Syria, in order to stir up western support for their cause. One of the explosions was actually because a rebel controlled warehouse was storing chemical weapons and when it was struck by a missile those chemicals were released. But these are facts you will never ever hear on the MSM because they only want you to believe a very specific narrative.
edit on 20/2/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join