It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the left hates Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
An excerpt from a post I made back in 2012:

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
These days it truly feels like I get more truth and unbiased news from Russian or Asian sources. I can honestly trust those sources more than I can trust the filtered slanted western sources.

This was around the time organisations such as RT were starting to become popular, around the time when the situation in Syria was really heating up and the western MSM was going into full propaganda mode trying to convince the world we need to help the rebels and the terrorists they were associated with overthrow a sovereign government. Of course this wasn't so easy for them when Russia entered the picture and sided with the Syrian government. Keep in mind Russia were also the only people willing to offer Snowden asylum. They always seem to get in the way of the West's deep state plans and there are many more examples I could give but I think you get the point.

Recently we saw a bunch of people on the left implying that Russia was behind #releasethememo trending, many well known leftist MSM outlets reported on this story as if it had real substance. Some democrats took it so seriously they demanded that Twitter do an analysis to determine what caused the hashtag to trend. Surprise, surprise, it turns out that these conspiracy theories were completely baseless, and that the trend was due to genuinely concerned American citizens who just want to know the truth.

The online groundswell urging the release of House Republicans’ attacks on the Federal Bureau of Investigation appears thus far to be organically American—not Russian propaganda, a source familiar with Twitter’s internal analysis told The Daily Beast.

Source: Twitter Pins #ReleaseTheMemo on Republicans, Not Russia

In a recent press conference Adam Schiff was quoted as saying "Fascinatingly, they also trumpeted the second amendment. Apparently the Russians are very big fans of our second amendment. They don't particularly want a second amendment of their own but they're really glad that we have one. The Russians would be thrilled if we would do nothing but kill each other every day and sadly we are."

This is precisely the mentality I'm talking about, this "us vs them" attitude where everything the Russians do must be for some evil purpose designed to harm Americans. Even if some Russians argued for the memo to be released, is it not possible they wanted it released for the same reason as many Americans? Is it not possible that Russian people actually see something good in the second amendment? Is it not possible that Russian people are actually human beings who just want the truth like everyone else?

Now we have these recent allegations concerning some Russians who apparently operated some sort of business which advertised on social media platforms, and we're supposed to believe that these Russians actually had some sort of important impact on the result of the election. I cannot find the thread now but I recall there was also some analysis done by Facebook and Twitter a few months ago which found a few hundred potential Russian bots, which is no where near enough to influence an election. There have also been studies done showing that social media ads have very little influence on how people vote.

If you still buy into this wacky conspiracy that Russia has undermined American democracy or some how altered the outcome of the election then you are living in a fantasy world and the only way you could continue believing these things is by letting your bias blind you. All you need to do is simply look at the facts. Instead you cling onto false hopes and you demonize and generalize an entire nation of people, which is highly ironic considering how much those on the left despise such actions. Stop being such hypocrites and just accept the reality you live in.
edit on 18/2/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What I was wondering about is that it was reported that Hillary bought 1 million Twitter followers for the election. That appears to be ok though. Even though they were paid by the Russians for favors? Strange times. Let's hope the real truth comes out.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I give you one page before the usual suspects come to "reeducate" you.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

What I find even more hypocritical is that they have absolutely zero problem with virtually all of the MSM blatantly backing a particular candidate, but that's not seen as any form of manipulation or an effort to influence the outcome of the election. What makes them most mad is that their psychological warfare failed and people are starting to think for themselves.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

I give you one page before the usual suspects come to "reeducate" you.

Lol, possibly one or two, but I tend to find most of them avoid me now. Lmao.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Then add in the fact some were blaiming the MSM for Trumps win due to the amount of coverage he received.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: Lumenari

What I find even more hypocritical is that they have absolutely zero problem with virtually all of the MSM blatantly backing a particular candidate, but that's not seen as any form of manipulation or an effort to influence the outcome of the election. What makes them most mad is that their psychological warfare failed and people are starting to think for themselves.

I have an easy answer for that. Progressives feel that the ends justify the means. They have since Hegel dreamed their dream. It was almost accomplished, until (rather ironically) Gore "created" the internet. Luminescence.... the light.

Now the genie does not go back into the bottle, the dream is unraveling and people should be optimistic. Times are changing.

Did you know that back in the 80's there was a security clearance two levels above TS/SCI? It was called Q.

Probably a coincidence.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

Then add in the fact some were blaiming the MSM for Trumps win due to the amount of coverage he received.

I would say this argument has some validity. If they didn't try so hard to criticize him at every opportunity he wouldn't have become so prevalent in political discussions. He probably wouldn't have won without that extra edge given to him by all the attention he received, whether good or bad.

Also I think their attempt to push a certain candidate had the opposite intended effect, and only revealed just how biased the MSM is, causing people to vote in a way they believed would "stick it to the system". People are not so easily swayed by propaganda anymore.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Russian hate is mostly a diversion from the hater's own malfeasance.

A group of people in the last administration thought they were gonna get fat with a new Russian reset button. (Ask yourself, what were we resetting from? Think about Russian / US relations between post Soviet collapse and before the reset theater.)

But then the Russians invaded the Crimea and threatened the Ukraine. Dreams of trough gluttony went poof and a lot of people lost some real coin.

Today, we see the fruits of that anger, conveniently applied to someone else threatening the gravy train- DJT.

edit on 18-2-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I love how people pretend to understand my motivations for being against the Russian government without actually bothering to ask they just make some over generation up about it.

Look at how Russia treats its press, look at the assassinations, the lies, their actions in the Ukraine or how they abuse democratic processes the list goes on. It’s not nothing to do with RT

It amazes me that some me of you try to hold the Russian press up as the shining example.....even though much of it is state run and the government has been implicated in several assassinations of journalists (actually come to think about this sounds like a Donald fantasy)
edit on 18-2-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

There's is no real news anymore. In the US, you have the media praising a murderous dictator while Russia's state own media is just another fake news outlet that supports what the Kremlin says.
edit on 2/18/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

A more apt title for the thread would be "why the left political establishment and neocons hate Russia". Also Russia clearly isn't perfect, I didn't say that, and I didn't say RT was a shining example of anything, they all have an agenda and I haven't even watched them in years so I wouldn't really know how trustworthy they are these days.

But if you think western leaders or western MSM is any more trustworthy and don't have their own agenda then you are lying to yourself. I'm simply pointing out why certain political figures take such an aggressive stance against Russia, you can dislike Russia for your own reasons but that isn't what this thread is about.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The left LIKED RUSSIA when Mitt Romney said they were our #1 enemy in 2012.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

What I tell every russia fear mongerer:

If voting for the russian manchurian candidate gets me higher wages, better pay, leaves my guns alone, deregulates, builds up our defense, destroys ISIS, cuts my taxes, and reigns in an out of control bureaucracy... Then I'm voting russian manchurian candidate every time.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The left LIKED RUSSIA when Mitt Romney said they were our #1 enemy in 2012.

What all of them?

Every individual who is left leaning felt this was after that and you know this to be true as a fact...,,

Thought not.

Posts like this piss me off because they are just hyperbole, just designed to get a pat on the back by other like minded folk. Doesn’t matter that it’s just some random false statement plucked from thin air.

They degrade the quality of debate in my opinion

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

Yes , as the MSM kept their propaganda up , Trump would actually go UP in votes...
Maybe Hillary and the MSM would have been better off to have kept their Big Lie mouths' shut tight.
Hillary lost a lot of votes over that. The people of the US may not all be veterinarians , but they know BS when they smell it...

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Posts like this piss me off because they are just hyperbole, just designed to get a pat on the back by other like minded folk. Doesn’t matter that it’s just some random false statement plucked from thin air. They degrade the quality of debate in my opinion

That's rich coming from you
edit on 18-2-2018 by DelegateZero88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DelegateZero88

....and that is another pointless comment.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Really ? I thought it was Because they Abandoned Communism.......

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I tend to think they just like making people afraid. Look how they kept a whole generation of us terrified of the Russians as we huddled under our desks waiting for the Big One to fall on our heads. But with the fall of the wall, a lot of the fear receded. (A lot of people lost a lot of money on that episode as well!! They NEVER expected those military contracts to disappear!)

Fear is a great motivator---and a great way to sell a lot of anti-anxiety drugs. They NEED to make us afraid and the Russians are handy because they are as well-armed as are we. Stoking the fear is good for all in the military/industrial/petrochemical/pharmaceutical transnational complex.

<<   2  3 >>

join