It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says Florida Shooting Happened Because of Russia Investigation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: soberbacchus

a reply to: network dude

However Trump is clearly making a connection between the shootings and the investigation. Frankly not sure how anyone can deny or defend that.

Stick around and you will see some shameless mental gymnastics explaining how you can not understand the written word.

A little like that experiment/game where a crowd of people pretend to see something in the sky and then ask a stranger if they can see it and they finally end up saying they can?

Kinda like that, but less fun and with a-holes.

I am genuinely baffled how anyone who understands written english can not think he is blaming the FBI failure on the Russia investigation.

At work, if I had a number of important deliverables and some unimportant ones, if I went to report to the big boss and told him I had missed my important targets but hit all the unimportant ones, his or her response would be "stop wasting your time on that cr** and focus on what is important'. The response would not imply directly that missed my important targets because of the unimportant cr** I was doing, rather a direction to put all efforts into the important stuff because I obviously needed to work harder at it.

That is what Trump's tweet is about - which any normal human being can understand.

Do you understand that the FBI is not a single person and at any one time will be conducting thousands of investigations?

Attempting to blame the faliure to take action on the Florida shooter on the the Russia investigation is beyond stupid.

... regardless of how many people they have, they do not have enough focusing on the important issues because 17 people died when they had an opportunity to stop it. So, drop the cr** and put more resources into the big deliverables.
You are saying that the FBI did all they could because they have a lot of people - or couldn't do any more, Yet the FBI themselves say they dropped the ball.

Yep they got it wrong. In this case with spectacularly bad consequences. If you want me to agree that the FBI should have more resources to investigate gun threats I absolutely do.

Still no connection to the Russia investigation.

Well, there is a connection - If the hundreds of FBI agents working for Mueller had been working on following up leads to protect kids lives at school, then it MIGHT have made a difference. Note the word MIGHT. It is perfectly reasonable the top guy to question his subordinates use of resource when they fail at an important task and labour with no results on another unimportant task. That challenge does not in any way state that they failed BECAUSE of the Russia investigation, which is why the OP is a lie.

What % of FBI resources should be spent on investigating gun threats?

Clealry not enough - which is precisely the answer you would get from a leader when you tried to excuse your major failures with the other stuff you are doing.

I agree not enough. What else do you want them to stop investigating? Or is the Russia investigation special somehow?

The Russia investigation has yielded nothing of importance and taken an inordinate amount of time and effort, especially in the leadership, so it's an obvious example of where resources are not being effectively used. I have no doubt that there are several other areas of incompetence running through the FBI, especially the leadership.

It's an obvious example because it potentially paints Trump in a negative light.

Well, I don't disagree with that. Absolutely the obvious example, however a perfectly valid one.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I think it's wrong and distasteful for the president to use a tragedy like this to continue his attacks on the FBI.

Look, we get you have to attack the people investigating you every chance you get. But it's a total scumbag move to imply the shooting happened because the FBI was too busy investigating you.

Oh flip'n please. Funny how you never call anyone out unless it's the right or Trump. If they don't agree with your liberal wet dreams they're always a scumbag right? You wouldn't blink an eye if anyone but Trump had said this.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: UKTruth

I am broke, rich people are evil, I don't want to work harder, everyone should suffer too.

Can I manipulate enough peoples emotions that it will all implode society and level the playing field so I can be equal without having to actually add value to the plant?

My condolences.

Why so manipulative with the tweets then, here's a little advice for Mr. Presents:

But wherever you would ascend with me, O my brothers, take care lest a parasite ascend with you!
A parasite: that is a reptile, a creeping, cringing reptile, that tries to fatten on your infirm and sore places.
And this is its art: it divines where ascending souls are weary, in your trouble and dejection, in your sensitive modesty, does it build its loathsome nest.
Where the strong are weak, where the noble are all-too-gentle - there builds it its loathsome nest; the parasite lives where the great have small sore-places.

What is the highest of all species of being, and what is the lowest? The parasite is the lowest species; he, however, who is of the highest species
feeds most parasites.
For the soul which has the longest ladder, and can go deepest down: how could there fail to be most parasites upon it?-
-The most comprehensive soul, which can run and stray and rove furthest in itself; the most necessary soul, which out of joy flings itself into
chance:-

Thus-Spoke-Zarathustra-by-F.-Nietzsche.pdf nationalvanguard.org...

Read!(?)
edit on 18-2-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: ScepticScot

Shows what you know which is only how to warp and distort peoples words and meanings. You are diametrically opposed to Trump which is fine but no need to outright lie as he is pretty good at point his own thumb in his mouth.

You need to read about Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme and how many people killed themselves over fraud. Fraud, by the way that had been brought to federal authorities including the FBI's attention but they turned a blind eye then as well...but fraud has killed bunches.

So the FBI shouldn't spend 100 % of its resources on gun threats? Almost like that was the point I was making. .

Who said anything about 100% of their resource? The arguments you do actually try to make, when you are not spitting hatred towards the President, are falling to pieces.
edit on 18/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: starviego
Trump is absolutely right. Heads should roll at the FBI.

So you believe this happened because the FBI was spending too much time investigating Russia's involvement in the 2016 US election?

Just a sidenote: Independent Counsel Mueller is heading that investigation and their are 35,000 people that work at the FBI.

Facts and truth don't matter to these people

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: ScepticScot

Shows what you know which is only how to warp and distort peoples words and meanings. You are diametrically opposed to Trump which is fine but no need to outright lie as he is pretty good at point his own thumb in his mouth.

You need to read about Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme and how many people killed themselves over fraud. Fraud, by the way that had been brought to federal authorities including the FBI's attention but they turned a blind eye then as well...but fraud has killed bunches.

So the FBI shouldn't spend 100 % of its resources on gun threats? Almost like that was the point I was making. .

Who said anything about 100% of their resource? The arguments you do actually try to make, when you are not spitting hatred towards the President, are falling to pieces.

The argument have been made throughout the thread. Trump has tried to make a connection between the Russia investigation and the Florida shooting.

I will at least give you credit, that unlike some posters, you are not denying that part.

Personally I think the connection is beyond stupid and a blatant and disgraceful use of a tragedy. However that part is opinion you are of course frre to disagree.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Whether you agree with Trump’s statement or not, the fact the FBI so completely failed at this reveals much about their internal sense of priorities- whatever they might be.

I also think it's funny you believe any organization would be unaffected by their top leadship's singular obsession with some topic or goal and not expect that to impact other priorities of the organization.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The FBI employs 35000 people. And they couldn't stop 1 shooter? Shows their level of competence.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Note-
The younger generation is real, yes they have some issues. Which generations didn't?

The amount of global information they have had access to upgraded them or is evolving them to be more keen or aware of errors present within society they are part of.

They been exposed to too much from the adults of the world who seem to act less mature then them at times. Politically...
And are probably catching on to reality faster then some adults may perceive.

Some of them probably come from families with parents that voted for President D. Trump. Hoping he was going to keep his words of making their homeland and in turn the world a better safer place.
Now they see all the turmoil since he was elected
and multiple mass shootings and are detecting "The game" of I will tell you one thing and do another, sadly...

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

can you name one time where as the leader of the country, Trump took responsibility for anything, or said, such and such happened under my watch, and as the one at the helm of the country, he didn't blame others.?

why are you surprised.
integrity is the last word Trump knows how to spell... and this is a man who pays for 'it'.

are you equally surprised hes being defended on ats? was there anything he has ever said or done not defended by the minions?

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

This thread should be hoax binned.

He never said what you claimed, and you are lying.

I'll take this with the credibility context you earned with your last failed defense of Trump post on this thread.

I don't see how anyone can even open their mouths about Trump when Obama actually helped lay the groundwork that could destabilize the entire planet.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Somehow, I get the impression that the OP doesn't like the president.

That's about it.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

can you name one time where as the leader of the country, Trump took responsibility for anything, or said, such and such happened under my watch, and as the one at the helm of the country, he didn't blame others.?

How does the expression go?

To Trump Morals are paintings on walls and Scruples is money in Russia.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

That's about it.

He more than hates Trump. He loves Hillary. The words sore loser comes to mind

edit on 18-2-2018 by Ursushorribilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ursushorribilis
The FBI employs 35000 people. And they couldn't stop 1 shooter? Shows their level of competence.

Reality is if the FBI did stop this shooter before the shooting, people would have ranted about how draconian the FBI are for arresting people based on their facebook or twitter.

It really is a case of damned if they do and damned if they don't.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I had this thought... originally. Except (according to what's being reported) there was a legitimate threat shortly before the shooting that was disregarded by the FBI. So, if anything the FBI would have been praised. But of course you have the few who would complain.
edit on 18-2-2018 by Ursushorribilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

That's about it.

I wish that was all it was.

Unfortunately it's not just about disliking someone since the Trolls, the gullible, the "unwitting" and the Russians managed to join forces to elect this overgrown socipathic oompa-loompa, it means the entire nation suffers from his narcissistic personality disorder and has to listen to him use murdered American children as an opportunity to bitch about how he is being investigated for campaign and family having multiple "meetings" with Russian agents and his repeated lying and cover-ups about it.

It's just dizzyingly sick.

Even the far right deserves better than Trump.

He is a dumpster fire of epic proportions.

And that is not even a partisan view. He just plain sucks at being a President and being a Human Being.

edit on 18-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

What about liberals using dead kids to push gun control?
Are you OK with that?

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ursushorribilis

That's about it.

He more than hates Trump. He loves Hillary. The words sore loser comes to mind

Actually never liked Hillary. Crappy candidate that the DNC tried to force down the throats of Dems.

Compared to Trump though?? Hell ..any one of the other GOP Nominees on the debate stage would have been 10X the President this criminal idiot is.

He is an embarrassment to the USA. The rest of the world has lost enormous respect for us and rightly so.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ursushorribilis

yes.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join