It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says Florida Shooting Happened Because of Russia Investigation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: soberbacchus

a reply to: network dude

However Trump is clearly making a connection between the shootings and the investigation. Frankly not sure how anyone can deny or defend that.

Stick around and you will see some shameless mental gymnastics explaining how you can not understand the written word.

A little like that experiment/game where a crowd of people pretend to see something in the sky and then ask a stranger if they can see it and they finally end up saying they can?

Kinda like that, but less fun and with a-holes.

I am genuinely baffled how anyone who understands written english can not think he is blaming the FBI failure on the Russia investigation.

At work, if I had a number of important deliverables and some unimportant ones, if I went to report to the big boss and told him I had missed my important targets but hit all the unimportant ones, his or her response would be "stop wasting your time on that cr** and focus on what is important'. The response would not imply directly that missed my important targets because of the unimportant cr** I was doing (there could be a number of reasons, but they wouldn't be interesting to the top guy, as only results are), rather a direction to put all efforts into the important stuff because I obviously needed to work harder at it.

That is what Trump's tweet is about - which any normal human being can understand.
edit on 18/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

However Trump is clearly making a connection between the shootings and the investigation. Frankly not sure how anyone can deny or defend that.

Stick around and you will see some shameless mental gymnastics explaining how you can not understand the written word.

A little like that experiment/game where a crowd of people pretend to see something in the sky and then ask a stranger if they can see it and they finally end up saying they can?

I am genuinely baffled how anyone who understands written english can not think he is blaming the FBI failure on the Russia investigation.

At work, if I had a number of important deliverables and some unimportant ones, if I went to report to the big boss and told him I had missed my important targets but hit all the unimportant ones, his or her response would be "stop wasting your time on that cr** and focus on what is important'. The response would not imply directly that missed my important targets because of the unimportant cr** I was doing, rather a direction to put all efforts into the important stuff because I obviously needed to work harder at it.

That is what Trump's tweet is about - which any normal human being can understand.

Do you understand that the FBI is not a single person and at any one time will be conducting thousands of investigations?

Attempting to blame the faliure to take action on the Florida shooter on the the Russia investigation is beyond stupid.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

At work, if I had a number of important deliverables and some unimportant ones, if I went to report to the big boss and told him I had missed my important targets but hit all the unimportant ones, his or her response would be "stop wasting your time on that cr** and focus on what is important'. The response would not imply directly that missed my important targets because of the unimportant cr** I was doing, rather a direction to put all efforts into the important stuff because I obviously needed to work harder at it.

Do you understand that the FBI is not a single person and at any one time will be conducting thousands of investigations?

Attempting to blame the faliure to take action on the Florida shooter on the the Russia investigation is beyond stupid.

... regardless of how many people they have, they do not have enough focusing on the important issues because 17 people died, including kids, when they had an opportunity to stop it. So, drop the cr** and put more resources into the big deliverables. A leader does not have time to listen to excuses for non-delivery. Results matter, not excuses about how much resource is available.

"Hey I missed my target. Apologies".
"Stop doing this other cr**, then"
"But we have enough resources"
"Obviously you don't".

You are saying that the FBI did all they could because they have a lot of people - or couldn't do any more, Yet the FBI themselves say they dropped the ball. So either they have enough resource and focus on this critical issue and they are just incompetent at the FBI, or they are stretched too thin and need to drop the unimportant stuff and get really focused on protecting innocent lives.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

... regardless of how many people they have, they do not have enough focusing on the important issues because 17 people died when they had an opportunity to stop it. So, drop the cr** and put more resources into the big deliverables.
You are saying that the FBI did all they could because they have a lot of people - or couldn't do any more, Yet the FBI themselves say they dropped the ball.

Yep they got it wrong. In this case with spectacularly bad consequences. If you want me to agree that the FBI should have more resources to investigate gun threats I absolutely do.

Still no connection to the Russia investigation.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

What exactly are you advocating the fbi should have done? Seriously.

The US is a country of over 320 million people, which prides itself on freedom speech... Every single day theirs probably thousands of troubled young people talking all kinds of dark nonsense on social media sites... Are you actually suggesting the fbi should just be ignoring the right of free speech?

Just physically head out to investigate and harass very single individual who expresses troubling thoughts over the internet?

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This thread should be hoax binned.

He never said what you claimed, and you are lying.

Your headline is a lie.

You then injected your own reality, and closed with personal attacks.

You are willfully spreading division and ignorance.

It is a self-destructive path, getting off on trolling.

Good luck with this excellent op.

I won't spend anymore time on it, or any other attempt at emotional manipulation by unhappy people.

Their negativity will suck your sole dry. I just don't have anymore time in my life for unsuccessful negative people.

If I wanted this bs, I would head to Facebook.

Can we get some ATS grade ops?

Kids discovering how to emotionally manipulate people isn't top secret, it's grifting 101.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

... regardless of how many people they have, they do not have enough focusing on the important issues because 17 people died when they had an opportunity to stop it. So, drop the cr** and put more resources into the big deliverables.
You are saying that the FBI did all they could because they have a lot of people - or couldn't do any more, Yet the FBI themselves say they dropped the ball.

Yep they got it wrong. In this case with spectacularly bad consequences. If you want me to agree that the FBI should have more resources to investigate gun threats I absolutely do.

Well, there is a connection - If the hundreds of FBI agents working for Mueller had been working on following up leads to protect kids lives at school, then it MIGHT have made a difference. Note the word MIGHT. Note also the implications of that. Whilst the left is screaming about the NRA having blood on their hands, one could also say that the breathless idiots who have been stoking up 'collusion' for 18 months leading to the FBI being embroiled in a mess leading nowehere, could also have blood on their hands.

It is perfectly reasonable for the top guy to question his subordinates use of resource when they fail at an important task and labour with no results on another unimportant task. That challenge does not in any way state that they failed BECAUSE of the Russia investigation, which is why the OP is a lie.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

You do understand that the upper echelon of the FBI is up to their eyeballs in the "Russian" investigation, those who have not been demoted or asked to get out are too engaged in defending themselves against a major IG investigation that looks like it's about to bring them to their knees.

They all are certainly distracted enough that the day to day operations in DC are not exactly running right, my God, our top investigation division paid a foreign spy, a washed up reporter, for Intel provided by Russians without ever bothering to investigate any of it...instead relying on those who provided the info to investigate it.

The President may not have said it right but I am glad he said it as it certainly appears there is a major problem, one that was ongoing long before any of this happened with our FBI. The problem is in DC where the tip line took the call and failed to pass it to anybody, sounds like Trump is right to me...sorry you can't see it, perhaps take off the rose colored glasses

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

You do understand that the upper echelon of the FBI is up to their eyeballs in the "Russian" investigation, those who have not been demoted or asked to get out are too engaged in defending themselves against a major IG investigation that looks like it's about to bring them to their knees.

They all are certainly distracted enough that the day to day operations in DC are not exactly running right, my God, our top investigation division paid a foreign spy, a washed up reporter, for Intel provided by Russians without ever bothering to investigate any of it...instead relying on those who provided the info to investigate it.

The President may not have said it right but I am glad he said it as it certainly appears there is a major problem, one that was ongoing long before any of this happened with our FBI. The problem is in DC where the tip line took the call and failed to pass it to anybody, sounds like Trump is right to me...sorry you can't see it, perhaps take off the rose colored glasses

This is a good point - when the leadership is distracted, things drop through the cracks.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Well, there is a connection - If the hundreds of FBI agents working for Mueller had been working on following up leads to protect kids lives at school, then it MIGHT have made a difference. Note the word MIGHT. It is perfectly reasonable the top guy to question his subordinates use of resource when they fail at an important task and labour with no results on another unimportant task. That challenge does not in any way state that they failed BECAUSE of the Russia investigation, which is why the OP is a lie.

The FBI also has a sizable financial crime division. Maybe they should be disbanded after all no one dies from fraud.

The FBI also investigates rape cases. A crime with a notoriously low conviction rate. Obviously a waste of time.

What % of FBI resources should be spent on investigating gun threats?

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Well, there is a connection - If the hundreds of FBI agents working for Mueller had been working on following up leads to protect kids lives at school, then it MIGHT have made a difference. Note the word MIGHT. It is perfectly reasonable the top guy to question his subordinates use of resource when they fail at an important task and labour with no results on another unimportant task. That challenge does not in any way state that they failed BECAUSE of the Russia investigation, which is why the OP is a lie.

Clearly not enough - which is precisely the answer you would get from a leader when you tried to excuse your major failures with the other stuff you are doing. Or, in this case, the FBI could just be incompetent. Either way, they are a massive failure and most certainly do need to be reformed.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Nope trump made a stupid, ill informed tweet in a pathetic attempt to take political advantage of a tragedy.

The mental gymnastics of those defending him however is impressive to see.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Nope trump made a stupid, ill informed tweet in a pathetic attempt to take political advantage of a tragedy.

That's not an argument. It's just a whiny noise.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Clealry not enough - which is precisely the answer you would get from a leader when you tried to excuse your major failures with the other stuff you are doing.

I agree not enough. What else do you want them to stop investigating? Or is the Russia investigation special somehow?

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Clealry not enough - which is precisely the answer you would get from a leader when you tried to excuse your major failures with the other stuff you are doing.

I agree not enough. What else do you want them to stop investigating? Or is the Russia investigation special somehow?

The Russia investigation has yielded nothing of importance and taken an inordinate amount of time and effort, especially in the leadership, so it's an obvious example of where resources are not being effectively used. I have no doubt that there are several other areas of incompetence running through the FBI, especially the leadership.

Moreover, it is the obvious example that Trump would use, given the breathless coverage of it.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The whining noise you hear is trump supporters brains over heating having to defend his stupidity.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Shows what you know which is only how to warp and distort peoples words and meanings. You are diametrically opposed to Trump which is fine but no need to outright lie as he is pretty good at point his own thumb in his mouth.

You need to read about Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme and how many people killed themselves over fraud. Fraud, by the way that had been brought to federal authorities including the FBI's attention but they turned a blind eye then as well...but fraud has killed bunches.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The Russia investigation has yielded nothing of importance and taken an inordinate amount of time and effort, especially in the leadership, so it's an obvious example of where resources are not being effectively used. I have no doubt that there are several other areas of incompetence running through the FBI, especially the leadership.

It's an obvious example because it potentially paints Trump in a negative light.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The whining noise you hear is trump supporters brains over heating having to defend his stupidity.

Also not an argument.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Shows what you know which is only how to warp and distort peoples words and meanings. You are diametrically opposed to Trump which is fine but no need to outright lie as he is pretty good at point his own thumb in his mouth.

You need to read about Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme and how many people killed themselves over fraud. Fraud, by the way that had been brought to federal authorities including the FBI's attention but they turned a blind eye then as well...but fraud has killed bunches.

So the FBI shouldn't spend 100 % of its resources on gun threats? Almost like that was the point I was making. .

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join