It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says Florida Shooting Happened Because of Russia Investigation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I am broke, rich people are evil, I don't want to work harder, everyone should suffer too.

Can I manipulate enough peoples emotions that it will all implode society and level the playing field so I can be equal without having to actually add value to the plant?

It's spreading through social media like electro-herpes

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: network dude

Since I didn't write the OP not sure why you would ask me.

However Trump is clearly making a connection between the shootings and the investigation. Frankly not sure how anyone can deny or defend that.

Correct - he is making a connection. We know that by what he said so have clear evidence of it. He does not say that the shooting happened because of the Russia investigation or that the FBI would have stopped it if they were not spending time on the Russian investigation.

The connection is a valid one and I would suspect relates to resourcing. That is a fair observation considering the FBI have already admitted to dropping the ball.

Explain how the connection is a valid one. Do you really think the reason the FBI didn't prevent the shooting was because of the Russia investigation?

link   

However Trump is clearly making a connection between the shootings and the investigation. Frankly not sure how anyone can deny or defend that.

Stick around and you will see some shameless mental gymnastics explaining how you can not understand the written word.

A little like that experiment/game where a crowd of people pretend to see something in the sky and then ask a stranger if they can see it and the stranger finally ends up saying they can?

Kinda like that, but less fun and with a-holes.

edit on 18-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Seriously? OK, I don't think anyone is denying Trump meant that the FBI was pre occupied and should do their job. Or even that they were pre occupied with his investigation. And him being a narcissist, I'm sure he did mean just that. But in no way, shape or form, did he say that was the only reason for the shooting, let alone, that it was all the FBI's fault.

The OP is garbage, and that is the disagreement. Please pay attention to the threads you are participating in.

My response to you is in relation to this post where you replied to Trollz.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think it's wrong and distasteful for the president to use a tragedy like this to continue his attacks on the FBI.

Look, we get you have to attack the people investigating you every chance you get. But it's a total scumbag move to imply the shooting happened because the FBI was too busy investigating you.

link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Stick around and you will see some shameless mental gymnastics explaining how you can not understand the written word.

A little like that experiment/game where a crowd of people pretend to see something in the sky and then ask a stranger if they can see it and they finally end up saying they can?

Kinda like that, but less fun and with a-holes.

I am genuinely baffled how anyone who understands written english can not think he is blaming the FBI failure on the Russia investigation.

link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Any one of us should be qualified to decide what we need is more kindness and respect in our nation's culture.

Anyone who didn't know they should make that choice will be ashamed when they realize they are part of the problem.

But that's ok, pride is worthless to helping us live happier lives together in America. We can afford to realize we were wrong and decide to do the right thing. That's actually good and is worth sacrificing our pride.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Correct - he is making a connection. We know that by what he said so have clear evidence of it. He does not say that the shooting happened because of the Russia investigation or that the FBI would have stopped it if they were not spending time on the Russian investigation.

The connection is a valid one and I would suspect relates to resourcing. That is a fair observation considering the FBI have already admitted to dropping the ball.

Explain how the connection is a valid one. Do you really think the reason the FBI didn't prevent the shooting was because of the Russia investigation?

No, and nothing in Trump's tweet suggests that he thinks that either.

He seems to be questioning why the FBI is spending so much time on an investigation that so far has caught 13 Russians posting on Facebook and setting up rallies, and a few procedural crimes, none of which link Russia or he and his campaign to any form of illegality, whilst at the same time ignoring leads on a man who ended up shooting 17 people, including kids, dead. It is quite reasonable for him to question his subordinates on their priorities.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Seriously? OK, I don't think anyone is denying Trump meant that the FBI was pre occupied and should do their job. Or even that they were pre occupied with his investigation.

A half-dozen people in this thread thus far have denied exactly that.

Now explain how an FBI consisting of 35,000 plus employees was pre-occupied with a Russian Investigation when that responsibility is now Special Counsel Robert Mueller's responsibility.

edit on 18-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Seriously? OK, I don't think anyone is denying Trump meant that the FBI was pre occupied and should do their job. Or even that they were pre occupied with his investigation. And him being a narcissist, I'm sure he did mean just that. But in no way, shape or form, did he say that was the only reason for the shooting, let alone, that it was all the FBI's fault.

The OP is garbage, and that is the disagreement. Please pay attention to the threads you are participating in.

My response to you is in relation to this post where you replied to Trollz.

He is blaming the FBI failure on the Russia investigation. It is a indefensible position.

If you want to get over hung up on the title of the thread then knock yourself out but that doesn't change what trump wrote.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I think it's wrong and distasteful for the president to use a tragedy like this to continue his attacks on the FBI.

Look, we get you have to attack the people investigating you every chance you get. But it's a total scumbag move to imply the shooting happened because the FBI was too busy investigating you.

But it's kind of a bad thing that a bunch of kids were killed and the guy who killed them, was screaming for attention and making some serious threats, the kind of thing the FBI checks into I thought, and so little effort was put into his situation. Maybe it's not fair to say, but from here, it kind of looks legit.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

He seems to be questioning why the FBI is spending so much time on an investigation that so far has caught 13 Russians posting on Facebook and setting up rallies, and a few procedural crimes, none of which link Russia or he and his campaign to any form of illegality, whilst at the same time ignoring leads on a man who ended up shooting 17 people, including kids, dead. It is quite reasonable for him to question his subordinates on their priorities.

Because Russia potential attempting to influence the US election is worthy of investigation.

Drawing the connection between FBI doing that and the faliure over the Florida shooting however is ridiculous and contemptible.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Nobody is debating that the FBI (specifically the tip-line process in FL) failed here.

That is obvious.

Trump indisputably publicly claiming the causation was "too much time spent" with the Russia Investigation that threatens him personally is sick on a multitude of levels.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus I can't help but wonder what has happened to the culture of this country. Our news is based on what people "tweet" rather than facts. Our media does not report much news, but it is always ready and willing to point out what someone says. In other words, we have become a nation of gossip mongers.

Why isn't your anger directed at the guy that pulled the trigger. He is the one that is responsible, not what someone says. Besides, our media is so biased it is really hard to tell what is factual and what is crap.

There is a legitimate concern, if the FBI was notified, why didn't they take action???? You seem to be looking for any avenue to vent your anger at Trump.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The man speaks like a normal person and some people can't handle it. I am glad there is someone who speaks his mind even if I don't always agree with him. He is not like any other politician that speak in 30 second sound bites and never ever manage to say ANYTHING and manage to NEVER answer a single question.

The FBI has been off track long before the so called collusion investigation and even longer before this latest school shootings. Somebody needs to call them out, Sessions sure as heck won't, and the media is too busy blaming Trump.

IF there is any blame to lay down other than at the shooters feet, you know the one who pulled the trigger, it is at the feet of the FBI. Trump cannot change the law, that takes the useless ones in Congress, and both sides benefit from doing nothing on this issue.

So save your sorry misplaced anger and misdirected finger pointing, and false indignation for the people whom can change the law...Congress. The President could write an executive order, one which would be legally challenged and made impotent the same day just like everything else has tried to fix, meanwhile, Congress gives the same 30 second sounbite over dueling memos that mean and DO NOTHING.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

His tweet says exactly that.

He seems to be questioning why the FBI is spending so much time on an investigation

He didn't question anything. He said they were spending too much time investigating his campaigns associations with Russians.

whilst at the same time ignoring leads on a man who ended up shooting 17 people, including kids, dead.

He directly inferred causation and connected the two:
"there is no collusion. Get back to the basics "

It is quite reasonable for him to question his subordinates on their priorities.

You seem unusually ignorant.
There are how many employees of the FBI?
Who is investigating Russian Involvement in the 2016 election?

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
The man speaks like a normal person

FULL STOP there.

No, he doesn't.

he speaks like angry, spoiled, sociopathic, confused child and has no business speaking on behalf of the United States of America.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I understand and am not surprised by your interpretation. However, you have failed to show where the President said that the shooting would not have happened if the Russian investigation was not happening, or that the shooting happened because of the Russian investigation.

Try to work on explaining your headline, because it sounds as if you just heard a soundbite on CNN and dived right in, something we know you are prone to do.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: DJMSN
The man speaks like a normal person

FULL STOP there.

No, he doesn't.

he speaks like angry, spoiled, sociopathic, confused child and has no business speaking on behalf of the United States of America.

As your duly elected President, he actually does speak for the American people whether you like that fact or not.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

[snipped]The fact that the top counter intell agent in our FBI was texting by some accounts every 10 minutes to his FBI lover, certainly not a blackmail problem huh, leaves little time to do anything else, not even chase Russian ghost.

The facts are....the FBI screwed up again and perhaps could have averted this incident but instead have a majority of the leadership under a cloud by the IG for what...you guessed it...meddling in our election too stupid busy to make sure the day to day operations were actually operating, so in the REAL reality where grown up people think and reside, it looks like the President is right even if like a real person he doesn't say it right...maybe we are too use to the 30 second sound bite that says NOTHING from the usual criwd
edit on Sun Feb 18 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join