It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says Florida Shooting Happened Because of Russia Investigation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
a reply to: soberbacchus

So after this tragedy, your not making a thread about important aspects of it?

Perhaps, was he on drugs(illegal or dr. supplied) or what led him to do this?

The Search function here is your friend. There are multiple threads on the Massacre.

None on Trumps sociopathic attempted exploitation of it.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I don't see how anyone can even open their mouths about Trump when Obama actually helped lay the groundwork that could destabilize the entire planet.

Thank you for that. If you are going to go whataboutism, go bigly!

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The President is sorta obligated to comment on national tragedies and help the people know he's at least on their side and acknowledges their plight.

Though I will agree to the degree that he could have done way better, like proposing an ingenious solution to get to the heart of why these crimes are happening and do something to change it (making schools safer).

In his defense I note he is trying to suggest a "fix" to end the violence - however law enforcement can't "fix" social unrest. It is up to us to form a culture where people don't feel the desire to mass murder (a culture leading us to ultra hate and despair).

The President can lead the narrative of everyday discourse. He could do so much better. I wish he'd address our plight more directly, especially without reciting the same old platitudes we've already heard before.

I wanna see a national discussion about how important being nice and respecting your schoolmates is. Then I wanna see us use that to create change.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Black_Fox

So after this tragedy, your not making a thread about important aspects of it?

Perhaps, was he on drugs(illegal or dr. supplied) or what led him to do this?

The Search function here is your friend. There are multiple threads on the Massacre.

None on Trumps sociopathic attempted exploitation of it.

Well that may be true, because nobody here is a psychiatrist or a psychologist, therefore nobody would have an educated opinion on the matter.

So it would have been a thread based purely on opinion, not fact.

Which does nothing for anyone.

Like this one.

edit on 18-2-2018 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: network dude

So we can't read now is that it? You're going to fill us in on what is says.
I've seen this before. Don't pay attention to what he says. What he means is _______________.

It's pretty clear that you don't UNDERSTAND what it written, so my opinion on your reading ability is still up in the air.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The truth hurts bub.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Trump didn't say the school was shot up because of the Russia investigation, he said it was shot up because the FBI missed all of the obvious signals indicating an attack would happen - which the FBI admitted.
Everything he said was true. Stop trying to spin things to attack the president.

There is absolutely no way anyone can honestly read that tweet and not believe he was trying to make a connection between the shooting and the Russia investigation.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

In his defense I note he is trying to suggest a "fix" to end the violence -

His proposed fix is for the FBI to stop investigating Russia and potential dealings with his campaign.

The President can lead the narrative of everyday discourse. He could do so much better. I wish he'd address our plight more directly, especially without reciting the same old platitudes we've already heard before.

Agree

I wanna see a national discussion about how important being nice and respecting your schoolmates is.

Trump is the least qualified person in the country to lead that kind of discussion.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Now all of his supporters will start saying the same thing. I guarantee it.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

"Because of"

Point out where this explains that the sole reason for the shooting was Russia.

Very sad that the FBI missed all of the many signals sent out by the Florida school shooter. This is not acceptable. They are spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign - there is no collusion. Get back to the basics and make us all proud!

ETA: He is saying that he thinks the FBI spent too much time worrying about him touching Putin where it smells funny, and should get back to doing their fkn job.
edit on 18-2-2018 by network dude because: clarified position.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ursushorribilis

We've been mocking pretty much all 3 letter shills for ages now, just in case you've missed it. That's a non-partisan matter of factual ATS history.

This isn't about the FBI, my dear morons. It's about Trump claiming that it ought to be, without any reasonable explanation whatsoever. Or can't your FBI work on 2 cases at the same time without suffering from a severe case of multitasking disorientation? Yes, no?

#PReeferMadness

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ursushorribilis
Where's the outrage towards the FBI from liberals? They are attacking Trump for calling out the FBI who was admittedly wrong.

In one breathe liberals say that Trumps attacking the FBI by blaming them for the shooting, while also blaming Trump for the shooting.

The point is he disingenuously made the association that the Russian investigation was partially responsible for the FBI failure. The truth is the people associated with the tip-line and enforcement thereafter have zero role in the Russian investigation. As such statements involving a school shooting, they should not have that type of political innuendo/smear in them. It is simply not the way a POTUS should be communicating. The fact that he does is a huge weakness. I was willing to give the man a chance when he was elected. Unfortunately he has failed on every issue that I had hoped for progress on. Why does every tweet have to have an insult? He alone is breeding a huge negative atmosphere for America.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

"Because of"

Very sad that the FBI missed all of the many signals sent out by the Florida school shooter. This is not acceptable. They are spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign - there is no collusion. Get back to the basics and make us all proud!

No one said 'sole reason'.

You realky think joining the two topics in a single tweet/paragraph isn't trying to make a connection?

Really?

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
That is not what he said, but you decided to spew lies again.

Here is what he actually said:

Very sad that the FBI missed all of the many signals sent out by the Florida school shooter. This is not acceptable. They are spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign - there is no collusion. Get back to the basics and make us all proud! 64,635 replies 30,357 retweets 115,301 likes

Words of truth, something of an anathema to you, it seems.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

"Because of"

Very sad that the FBI missed all of the many signals sent out by the Florida school shooter. This is not acceptable.
(FBI Tip Line Failure - The Basics)

They are spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign - there is no collusion.
(too much time, as in time they could spend on last sentence)
(Mueller BTW not FBI, 35,000+ FBI agents)

Get back (Away from Russia Investigation)
to the basics (Like tip lines)

Let me know if you want me to annotate "the little brown dog" to you next.

edit on 18-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

"Because of"

No one said 'sole reason'.

You realky think joining the two topics in a single tweet/paragraph isn't trying to make a connection?

Really?

read the title of the OP. Then explain to me how I should take "Because of".

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

It was probably in his T&C's as president. I wouldn't be surprised if he has never even tweeted.

The way these effers roll.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

"Because of"

Very sad that the FBI missed all of the many signals sent out by the Florida school shooter. This is not acceptable.
(FBI Tip Line Failure - The Basics)

They are spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign - there is no collusion.
(too much time, as in time they could spend on last sentence)
(Mueller BTW not FBI, 35,000+ FBI agents)

Get back (Away from Russia Investigation)
to the basics (Like tip lines)

Let me know if you want me to explain "the little brown dog" to you next.

Before you explain "the little brown dog" please review your explanation of the title of your thread, because so far, you are failing miserably.

You can start more effectively explaining yourself by linking where the President said that the shooting happened because of the Russia investigation, or even where he said it would not have happened if the FBI were not investigating Russia. Something, anything, to give at least a shred of credence to your interpretation, stated as fact, of what the President said.

edit on 18/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Since I didn't write the OP not sure why you would ask me.

However Trump is clearly making a connection between the shootings and the investigation. Frankly not sure how anyone can deny or defend that.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Since I didn't write the OP not sure why you would ask me.

However Trump is clearly making a connection between the shootings and the investigation. Frankly not sure how anyone can deny or defend that.

Correct - he is making a connection. We know that by what he said so have clear evidence of it. He does not say that the shooting happened because of the Russia investigation or that the FBI would have stopped it if they were not spending time on the Russian investigation.

The connection is a valid one and I would suspect relates to resourcing. That is a fair observation considering the FBI have already admitted to dropping the ball.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join