It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Men and womens brains are fundamentally different.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Dawnstar I will assme it was a mistake, however I would appreciate if you would not post in such a way as to make it appera that you are quoting me when displaying words I never wrote.
Why does you above post state Originally by Mwm1331?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
you would be assuming right.....this time......
so sorry, missed it.....which is why I tend not to use the quote boxes much unless I want to quote everything in the posts.....I usually mess up....But, I wanted the quote box this time....

As far as me being bitter, well, read through some of my posts, maybe you'll be able to see where any bitterness or hostility is being generated from, and in what direction I tend to aim it at......

I also believe that if a husband is working every waking hour of the day, that maybe the wife should be looking for the job she may not really want....and well, tough crap to her also!!!

By the way, you are all gun hoe about this particular peice of research......willing and able to use it in your agenda in hopes that women will just run back to their homes and play mommy all day...
are you willing to take the MANY, MANY other research papers reporting of the dangers of global warming and our pollution and park your car and start walking? or is that research just a much of marlarkey, since it doesn't fit into your agenda.

blond haired people are well known to be stupid airheads (I'm blond, so I can say this.), so well, maybe they should be given the minimum wage jobs at mc donalds.....right?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

By the way, you are all gun hoe about this particular peice of research......willing and able to use it in your agenda in hopes that women will just run back to their homes and play mommy all day...

Dawnstar I dont have an agenda, I posted this as a way of sparking discussion, nor did I say I hope that women will just run back to thier homes and "play mommy" all day.
I believe that if the families finances allow one parent should stay home as caregiver, I also said that whether that parent was the father or mother, was irrelevant as long as one of them did it.
My question is why do you feel such contempt for those woman who have both the abiility and desire to stay home and be professional mothers? The fact is I believe that being a professional mother is much harder work than having a career, I take it you disagree? Its ice to see you show such respect however to other women by calling parenting "playing mommy"

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
this time your assumption is WRONG!

any contempt I may be feeling is definately not directed at women, weather working or staying home....AND WORKING!

You know, it is possible for two parents to be working, and for the most part the kids can still be with one of their parents just about all day long. I know this for a fact, I grew up in a household like this when I was young. BOTH PARENTS TOOK CARE OF ME!! And, it worked out in my own family while I was working....it is possible...in most cases.

And, well, I would joke around at work as to how to me, it was a vaction, so I don't disagree with the idea that it's harder to chase down kids all day than to play slave at work.....(and many times I was moving tons of material every day around the shop!)

But. well, this is where I found the problem to be....looking at it from your perspective....
my husband needed my assistance in bringing in the dough to meet the bills.....so I helped out... got a job, worked ten hours every day.....and then came home to a messy house, dirty dishes, homework the kids needed help with, and hungry kids telling me how dad slept till noon or after, then got up and walked....
well, I would then proceed to do everything that absolutely had to be done in the house, and if I was lucky, maybe had enough time to catch four hours sleep, before I was off and running again....weekends, I spent catching up on all my work, since I spent a good part of the week helping him fullfill his responsibilities to the family....I played this game until my body finally collapsed, and now, well, I couldn't walk a few blocks needed to go to the corner store!!!

Guess what....for all that hard work, My pay was less than what he got for sitting on his tailend on unemployment, and even then, it was sleep till noon, get up and walk out.....

I've gone to Social service three times, the last time with an ankle in a splint, no insurance, no job, no income of my own, and well, they just point to my husband's paycheck, we have they money they say....yet, I don't believe there is anything I can do legally to convince him to pay the past due doctor bills, let alone any new ones I make....and Social Service was the ones who told me that!!!

Don't preach to me about the value of mothers, or accuse me of any contempt toward them!!! SOCIETY DOESN'T VALUE MOTHERHOOD!! OR CHILDREN FOR THAT MATTER. They build giant housing units with paper thin walls for them to live next to neighbors who scream, yell, pound on walls, if one of the little darlings even drops a broom. They often speak of them as if they are a curse to sinful women!!! Many seem to want them out of their sight, and heaven forbid one should hear them!! Some will sit out in their yard all night long, drinking their beer, yelling obscenities that keep them up all night, and then drag the kid to you when they hear the same obsenities they were screaming the night before come out of the kids' mouths. Many of the fathers are gone, they jump from job to job handing in their notices as soon as social service finds their social security numbers on the payroll rosters.
And, the mothers work....day in and day out, at home and at work....for a salary that doesn't even meet the bills! And, then they are called leeches, or worse....

if there's any contempt, it's for this society...
oh yes, they really need people like you telling them that they are God's appointed childcare workers who should be home, tending their children.....and blaming them for the screwed up mess society is in!

I think society would be less screwed up if we gave up on the traditional stereotypes can just assumed that we will have to work, and care for our kids, and well, be prepared for the worse!

If a women has to work, she should be able to devout the same amount of time and energy as a man, have the same opportunities, and the means to advance to the same kind of positions as her husband.....she CAN'T DO THAT unless he is willing and able to take on some of those "responsibilities" that tradition dictate belong to the women......
genetics and science be damned!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well dawnstar I am sorry you married an asshole, however that does not excuse your continued habit of puttng words in my mouth.Could you show me where I sated that
women were gods appointed childcare people?
Or where I stated women should not have the same opportunites as men?
So you married an asshole, thats your problem, either the two of you didnt communicate, didn't have a good relationshp, or your taste in men sucks, either way I aint your husband and I should think you have the ebillity to differentiate between a man and all men.
But maybe not, isn't it funny how despite ther sex, sexists are all the same?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

they did a study, while men have picked up a small portion of what was traditionally considered "the women's job", women have been forced to drop a much larger portion of the responsibilities when going to work.....they rest just doesn't get done anymore....
ya, a few gestures here and there, maybe a floor swept, or a few dishes done.....it's not just my husband.....

and well, you response doesn't address some pretty big legal issues....like....
gee, sometimes, the women isn't the best choice to be the caregiver...sometimes, it's better to just remove her from the scene all together. for the most part, the courts are more apt to go with the philosophy that you seem to be contending, even if the father is protesting all the while.....the father generally has more earning potential, therefore he loses out....
and well, I do know one father who actually did manage to win custody....the social service system is geared more for single moms and really failed to serve him much at all...a major portion of his check went to paying his childcare, while the mother down the street managed to work just fine, and have her's paid compliments of the generousity of the taxpayer. Because well, she didn't have the same earning potential and was making way below proverty wages. We have to cross those stereotypical boundaries for the sake of our economy, not try to reinforce them!

As far as I am concerned, well, if the idea that we should be home, tending the kids, and only being secondary earners, when it's needed, which for many is always....well, then maybe women should just decide that hey, earning the bread is your responsibility, have fun!!! And, well, stay home, take care home and kids, and let the peices fall where they may......
but then, I did marry a jerk....it does kind of screw my attitude somewhat....

From one of your previous posts:

"However I also believe that on average, women are better suited to being care givers if only becuase they have mammary glands.
It only makes sense that God (or nature if you prefer) would endow those who carry the children to term and deliver them into this world with a predispostion and insticts that would assist in raising them into healthy adults.
However I have often been accused of sexism due to this (what I believe to be) logical belief."

[edit on 17-2-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
And I still mantan dawnstar that all other factors being equal women are better caregivers. This is not always the case nor does it mean that that is all they can or should do, Just that they are more naturally skilled at it, just as men all things being equal have greater muscle density.
So What?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
so, what does this have to do with the price of tea in china?

So can the 50% or the women (and men) who find themselves needing that extra income the women makes to feed the kids?

and, umm......when the current administration begin to say things that indicate to me that they are using my taxmoney as a means to spread the good news that the "right way" to manage a family is for dad to work, mom to stay home and be the primary caregiver, and probably throw in a few little quips about the wife's submission, well I have to say.....I think there is an agenda, and this is being used to further it's goals....

you stated:

"I agree that not all families can afford the tradtional family unit, however if a family can support themselves on one parents income then I think the other parent should stay home with the kids, whether that parent be the father or mother is IMHO irrelevant. "

I've already offered up a solution........share the role as primary caregiver, the both could be wage earners, and they both could be caregivers......
sure, our world would have to adapt a few things to make it a viable solution for everyone, like....ummm...maybe employers would need to to be a little more flexible as far as working hours and such.... and this is happening!! But, well, with the gov't preaching the good word of the "traditional family" using our taxmoney, I half way expect it to reverse the trend. meanwhile, more and more people are gonna find it necessary to have that second paycheck....so, I really doubt if much good will come of it all.

and, well, let me ask you this.....your wife works hard, get's her phd, but decides to see things your way, and settles down and takes on the role of the primary caregiver. Since, you make so much money. and well, time goes by, the kids are about grown, and well, the unthinkable happens, and the money is gone, maybe you are gone, and well, she now has a few kids, with no income, no savings.....she tries to get a job, and well, she hasn't used the phd, developements have occurred since she got it, and well, it turns out to be rather useless because she hasn't been in the feild to keep up to date. She finds she is overqualified for most jobs, underqualified for the type of jobs that not only she would like to have, but really needs to keep the family afloat. She finally takes on whatever she can find.....goes on her way, struggling through, and raised the kids, and becomes old and grey. Well, the savings that you've been struggling to save for retirement has been exhausted a long time ago, and well, social security has been practically disassembled a long time ago. So, there is no where to fall back on..The kids help as much as they can, but well, her medical bills are just too high!!!
so, what do you think, is it really her fault that she's in the position she is in? what if she really wanted to work, and well just needed a little assistance from you to be able to and you had refused....so it became a losing venture or an impossibility? would it still be her fault......

either hold the man accountable for when things fall through financially, or give up on the idea that they should be the primary bread earner!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If I died tommorrow dawnstar my wife would be an instant multimillionaire. Its called insurance and those of us who are the primary breadwinner and care about our families buy it for just such an occurance.
The simple fact is most families in which both parents work do not have the time necessary to spend with thier kids. While I understand that for many this s a necessary evil, If a family can be comfortable on one parents income then the one who makes less should make thier children the priority. If they can't they can't but if they can they should.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'll agree with you on that before I will accept that child care outside the home is a pleasant option!!!

My mom and dad both worked, and they had plenty of time to spend with me, never needed any outside help with childcare either, of course, um......I spent alot of times in bars while my mother worked, and alot of time learning how to treat drinking water while my father worked...
of course, both employers didn't mind me being there, and well, my father was willing to cook, clean and whatever else had to be done in the home during his watch. as was my mother.....they worked together, and were willing to cross that imaginary line dividing the roles.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Which except for the part about bringing you to a bar s how its supposed to be.
Allthough seeing what the guys who hang at the bar at noon look like is a good cautionary tale.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The difference of sexes goes back to ancient times, while women in ancient times, were bound too often by child bearing they could no engaged in long term activities like going on hunts for long extended periods of times.

So ancient tribes knowing this started the early conditioning that men were to be the hunters and women the gatherers, that does not mean that women has engage on hunts too, but more an more women were giving minor chores close to home so she could take care of the nursing and child bearing. Bringing also the fact that women had boring chores while men had the exiting of going on hunts and mix with the male group. Like boys night out.

Remember women had no birth control at the time but nature.

Also because child birth was a women thing, the ancient venerated fertility, and in many tribes women role was venerated and women were pampered.

Because the conditioning of the differences between women and men became grater with the centuries, women emancipation has been a though issue to accept between the male species in our society.

Different ways of birth control has made possible for women to take part of the only once male roles, but men can never be able to do what women does and is child bearing, so the fight between sexes is because deep inside men feels cheated of the miracle of birth and life that is something that is for women alone.

Maybe one day science will have a man giving birth.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
actually, most of what we would consider the "production" of products were done by the women.....they're the ones gathering the reeds, and weaving them into baskets, they made their own teepee's, out of the hides they tanned, made the pottery, ect. of course, many of the men had these same skills and usually made thier teepees.....and well, the boys began going on the hunts at what we would really consider a rather young age, so, in actuality, the male would be the major "caretakers" of the boys by probably the 12th or 13th year.

But, the women were far from spending all their time watching over the kids....she was also busy gathering the materials needed and creating some rather amazing products that she could then use, give away, or trade...as well as teaching her DAUGHTERS how do create the same...

[edit on 18-2-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
the western scientist are hilarious. They needed how many time to come to this conclusion? Perhaps it would be faster if they actually spent some time with a female or two

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
the mind of a women is constantly working overtime on her body being a fundamental of population of the universe, the man mind is stregthed by how and what a womens mind is comprehending and what brain structures they are each month

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
They needed a scientific study to figure this out?

Hilarious.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The problem is, or rather the difference is, is that men are essentially 'Twice Born'. If you consider the human form or any other two gender lifeform, there is a biological term for it, but I can't recall it, we are essentially the fruit. Or at least, the men are, the women, myself included, are for want of a better term, the growth medium. Therefore, it is the role of the seed, the male, to appear as delectable to us as possible so that we will allow him to plant his seed.

And we wonder why humanity is so messed up. Not entirely our fault though. It happened lower down the mammalian line.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

See you let it out and the rest follows.

We have to look like a nice place to plant the seed. Duh! Silly me.

I'm not even sure if we're not just the plant pot. The 'Vassal' or 'Vessel', afterall. Wouldn't that be a turn up. Either way, it is just a more reliable method than the birds and the bees I suppose.

edit on 8-10-2010 by KilgoreTrout because: Plant pots.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join