It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigenous British Land Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
There's never been a better time to rebel against the Norman invaders and reclaim our land.

Police are understaffed. Councils are stretched to the limit. Sympathy for sustainable living is at an all time high.
Spring is on the way.

In the area where I'm staying the County Council have helpfully published a comprehensive list, complete with maps, of all property registered in their name. Some very tasty bits of woodland and other prime habitats. If you can access the same on your County Council website you'll see what the potential is in your area.

Poop disposal has to be managed in a way that avoids unpleasant problems. Here's one man's approach.

A sustainable dwelling is the next essential. Bender tents make best use of materials. The bent poles have far greater rigidity than if they were used as straight poles. The curved shape is comfortable to live in.

There's one essential rule to getting a shape that's comfortable inside. The poles have to be put into the ground leaning out from the structure, then bent inwards and secured. These pictures show how it should look.

www.enslin.com...

paleotool.com...

If you put the poles in vertically or not deep enough you lose usable space inside. This one would have had so much more space if it curved outwards.

we.riseup.net...

Several layers of covers are needed to give insulation from the cold and the sound of the rain. Carpet and blankets make good insulating layers covered with waterproof sheets. Ideally the outer covers should be waterproof cotton canvas, or linen if you can get an ex-navy tarp. Natural tarp won't trap condensation inside. You'll have to use whatever is available to you. Big tents past there best are often given away, the groundsheets can be more useful than the rest. A big canvas tarpaulin costs between £200 and £300.

A layer of twigs and small sticks covered with a thick layer of carefully laid rushes gives a comfortable dry floor fit to sleep on.

The heart of the bender tent is the fire or stove. Building a tent that will not fill with smoke from an open fire is an expert job. A teardrop shape is traditional for a bender with an open fire.

Most people use stoves. I've never seen a rocket mass heater in a bender, it must be possible with imaginative use of space. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Fire is a big risk. Often clothes left drying are the cause of fire. Whatever the cause, when a dry, warm bender catches fire it's likely to be burned to the ground in minutes.

A stove like this works and can be made with hand tools, but it burns a lot of wood.

There are many makers of suitable, more efficient wood stoves. www.windysmithy.co.uk...

This spring is a good as any, and better than many, for a surging rebellion. Lay claim to your indigenous land rights.

Tell the suits it's an educational non-profit making sustainable research project.

edit on 18 2 2018 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Great info I may build one in Bulgaria when I buy my land.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

When they really try to come down upon you, tell them its a monument to "diversity" and ending "hate speech" and they'll have no choice to skimper off shivering with their tails between their legs.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ah Kester, looking through rose coloured binoculars (rose coloured glasses are not strong enough) sustainable living used as an excuse to get off the system. There is a section of people that do live off the system but can only do it by preying on the system. They use these bits of land but they don't live cleanly and when they move on they don't leave it clean , tidy or safe.
They leave the system to clean up and pay the tab.
You want to try, go ahead. Alright if there's just one you may and I say may be left alone for a period of time. But if there gets a number, or when the spotlight turns on you I WILL guarantee the police or local authority (who are supposed to be short staffed and short on money) will drop on you like a ton of bricks using all sorts of laws and regulations to stop you doing what you want to do.
I did notice that you videos for this living are all American. They have different rules, laws and regulations than the UK.
PS. It's nice in the summer to think of this but the British winter is another thing. How many authority owned trees are you going to cut down to keep warm?

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Not really possible in the UK, ....unfortunately.

Sorry mate.

I lived on a boat for a few years, that'a the closest I could get.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Last thing I want to see is a bunch of campsites appearing on common land and rural spots around the UK.

^^^ This guy's cool. English all the way. No compounds or weapons caches. He doesn't even wear a tactical vest.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Last thing I want to see is a bunch of campsites appearing on common land and rural spots around the UK.

True. But the plague will kill them all eventually. Their simple homes will rot back into the ground leaving little trace of their existence.

What bothers me is their/my living conditions at present. It could be so much better. Peaceful. The sounds of nature as a backdrop to the daily chores.

A comment made by the man in the video inspired me to start this thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

No tactical vest? Well, what's the point, man?

If you can't wear a tactical vest out off the grid, when can you?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

How many authority owned trees are you going to cut down to keep warm?

Not many with a rocket mass heater, or at least an efficient conventional wood stove in a bender tent. Tipi's with open fires would require much more wood.

Keeping houses warm usually uses vastly more fuel and/or insulative building materials. A very well insulated house often has little change of air leading to a build-up of carcinogenic compounds from off-gassing building and furniture materials.
edit on 23 2 2018 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

To be honest, I've been watching a few 'off the grid' type docos since December. The self-sustainability and resilience is interesting. The way they have to pool a skillset and learn new ones adds a dimension to life that may be missing in modern life. Then again, a lot of them are fairly wealthy families building upper middle-class homes. Kinda like our BBC show with the rich people looking for second homes with budgets of nearly £1million.

This one here struck a chord. This old lady lives alone in deep Siberia and is about 99% self-sufficient. She even keeps an old ex-soldier alive who lives nearby. She's hundreds of miles from anywhere and lives the classic life of a monk or nun. Prayers every day, cutting wood, repairing, carving, storing, cooking. All against the backdrop of mountains and permanent ice and snow. She even has to defend against the odd bear. She's over there right this minute surviving in the natural silence, praying and stoking the fire.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
As an Englishmen I'm ready to take back my throne and empire

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

Hurrah!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Then again, a lot of them are fairly wealthy families building upper middle-class homes.

It took me a long time to figure out a lot of the hardcore new travellers were actually posh kids.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Gap Year survivalists.

new topics

top topics

join