It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enormous craft in 1996

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hi... New here... I want to share a story about the UFO hubby and I saw in Nov 1996 as we drove our UHaul through Arizona/Nevada on our way to California... I know I'll get made fun of here, but I just want to document this somewhere. It was this gigantic triangle with lights hovering in the sky almost above us but to the right of our truck a bit, not even that high up, and it wasn't even completely dark. It was an enormous craft. We were amazed by it but VERY STRANGELY never told anyone about it until years later. I don't even remember discussing it with eachother. But we talk about it now and we both do remember. It makes me wonder if we forgot (and somehow even today seem to banish it from the forefront of our minds) because it was too much to process. Anyway, this happened about 4 months before the big Phoenix Lights sightings where thousands of people reported seeing the same thing. Apparently a lot of other people experienced some kind of temporary amnesia after the sightings as well. I'm not one to generally believe in hokey-pokey stuff but I know what I saw and I think it's super weird that we didn't make a bigger deal of it.
Yeah I hear you. I'd have trouble swallowing it too. But this was our experience and I want to put it down in writing.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I clicked on your link because it was around the same year that I saw a fleet of giant triangles above my house in Spokane, Washington. They had one light on each of their three corners, and a center light that would turn bright as they sped across the sky. One of them was able to hover silently above the neighborhood, and as I had signaled it with a flashlight, it glided over my house.

I can guarantee what I saw, as can my friend and my sister. I did have a camera at the time, but it was a disposable one (I was 9) and the pictures did not develop. My parents didn't care enough to come outside and see it.
edit on 18amSun, 18 Feb 2018 05:06:22 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The 1990`s, i had to think of the Belgian UFO Wave, but that was around 1989/90.
But it were triangles too.
And everywhere in Europe were and are "U"S military bases and these UFOs always came from the direction of one of that bases and went into the direction of another one. Can be coincidence or TR3B`s.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Ya, there was an air force base in Spokane, WA when I lived there.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Someone known in the field of UFO research once said.. that the triangle ones are ours and the discs ones are theirs

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: EC2749

Do you know if anyone else saw it and whether it was reported by anyone else to MUFON or the local / national press ?
What colour were the lights and how many lights denoted the triangle shape ?

Thanks.
edit on 18-2-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Someone known in the field of UFO research once said.. that the triangle ones are ours and the discs ones are theirs

If they're ours and we've been flying them around for decades, what are we using them for?

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jordan77

If they're ours and we've been flying them around for decades, what are we using them for?

That's how the Masons, Illuminati and Reptilian overlords get their Pizza's delivered.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I tend to think they are all ours, the disks being the early versions and the triangles the more developed tech. That’s just my hunch though. It might explain what happened to the missing trillions though...
I find it curious how reports of such objects seem to come mostly in waves, and then it goes all quiet for a while. On the one hand so many reports must mean there is some credibility to the phenomenon and on the other, there seems to be no solid 100% evidence. It’s such a fascinating yet intangible subject. I’d love to know the truth of the matter.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS. This is what this site was made for. To discuss things, however strange ( stranger the better ).
You won't get made fun of unless you make outlandish claims. Folk have been reporting triangle shaped craft for years.
Now, like another poster said earlier, can you give any more details. Have a chat with your hubby about it, I know it was a long time back, but such things as best guess of size, exact area colour of craft and lights. Was it shiny or dull, did you feel anything by being near it.

And whatever you do, dont call it a TR3-B

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Stealth fighters and bombers are though to be able to hover motionless through the adjustable engine fans. Look at the F-35, it has a vertical fan behind the pilot as well as rear engine exhausts that can be directed downwards.

This gives the ability to launch from ships as well as "hide" under freeways.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Well hubby was driving and it was off to the right so I know I got a better look. He does remember it though so I'll ask when he's awake. I'd say the size of 1/2 football field at least. It was not quite dark out, and we were able to discern that this was one aircraft, not multiple in formation. I don't remember the number of lights but I'd say 7-11 lights, and I don't specifically recall a color so I think they were white. The craft seemed dark in color. I don't recall if shiny or dull. It was quiet and moving SLOW or hovering even. I looked online at one point and haven't seen much in terms of other people's accounts in that area in mid November 1996. Yeah I know it could be military. The thing that bothers me most is why we didn't make a huge deal of it.
a reply to: nelloh62

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Something to do with the break away civilisation, perhaps setting up off world colonies, in preparation for when the next meteor hits.

I prefer Inhales take on it though.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
That's interesting...
Yeah too bad for crappy cameras back in the day!
Nowadays everyone has a phone handy...
We were traveling to move to Cali and I'm sure our camera was packed away. I don't recall trying to take a pic, and we did not pull over as we were on a road with other traffic. So I KNOW others saw it. But where are their stories???

a reply to: darkbake

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

We were amazed by it but VERY STRANGELY never told anyone about it until years later.

That's not surprising. One time I spotted a strange triangular craft, with very large multicolored lights on the underside, and pointed it out to someone -- a "knowledgeable", down-to-earth male with a techy background -- who looked away immediately and proceeded to insist it was a normal craft and then gently ridiculed me. I insisted he look back at the craft and he wouldn't. He just kept saying, "You're crazy, it's a normal aircraft". But it wasn't. It was a sort of extraordinary-looking aircraft that others have spotted here in the Hudson Valley in the past, many times.

My point is, people have a hard time accepting truth when it utterly defies expectation. Human beings are hard-wired for denial.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
UK 1996, I stood in our bedroom on the top floor looking out over the garden, when I saw a search light. It was curious because it was so incredibly bright. I first thought it belonged to a massive airliner but of course they wouldn't fly over a town that low.
I saw a triangular craft, with three lights [one in each corner] and in the middle was this really bright search light illuminating the gardens.
I almost freaked and called my husband to come up quickly.

He didn't hear me and I was getting frustrated, still keeping an eye on that thing [no camera phones handy yet].
I got frustrated from shouting and ran downstairs, saying really quickly "FFS, there is a UFO, come quick".
Husband got up and I ran back.

Thing was gone.

I even ran outside afterwards to check but it was nowhere to be seen. Now, my going downstairs only took about 30 sec. It had been standing still in the air for some time as I was watching it. In order to suddenly disappear it had to be flying very fast or maybe just switched off it's lights.

I also had the feeling it was man made, why would something have lights? Why was it searching in back gardens of a medium town in Bedfordshire?

It seems that the mid 1990s were when the triangles emerged.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I answered most of these in another reply but I'll say that no, we never reported it. I think we wanted to rationalize that it was military? I don't know. I don't know if I believe in little green men but I do believe this world and universe are way stranger than we can imagine.

I dated a guy from France before I met hubby, and his brother was in the military and had security clearance at NATO. My boyfriend told me in all seriousness that his brother said there are aliens here, walking amongst us. I did kind of roll my eyes, but he was serious and there has always been a small part of me that just wonders....
a reply to: gortex

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
And one more thing. I can't recall where we were exactly but it was likely on 40.. Because it was in AZ and we had stopped in Santa Fe, Grand Canyon, then on to Vegas before getting to LA, our new (then) home.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
The 1990`s, i had to think of the Belgian UFO Wave, but that was around 1989/90.
But it were triangles too.
And everywhere in Europe were and are "U"S military bases and these UFOs always came from the direction of one of that bases and went into the direction of another one. Can be coincidence or TR3B`s.

They were based out of the East of the UK and were also based and used with and by the UK military in the south west of England during the time period you speak of.

As far as I know no other European countries were in the know at that time and were part of the uk/U.S. "special relationship" mantra.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

It seems that the mid 1990s were when the triangles emerged.

Triangle shaped UFO sightings have been recorded since the 1960's

Here is one observation from 1965

But the one case that – for me, anyway – really stands out is that of a man named Jeffrey Brown. Late one night in March 1965, Brown was driving home across the dark and desolate moors of Yorkshire, England, when he encountered something incredible. It was not just one Flying Triangle, but an entire squadron of them. And here’s the most important thing: the FTs were described as being large in size (at least 100-feet from tip to tip) and illuminated from below. They emitted a deep humming noise, and had rounded – rather than strictly angular – corners.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

edit on 18-2-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join