It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy is aborted 3 times and lives

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
A BABY survived at least three attempts to abort it from the womb and was born alive at 24 weeks old.
The boy was delivered in hospital after his 24- year-old mother changed her mind about wanting the child after feeling it move on the way home from an abortion clinic.

Although the clinic had told her an ultrasound scan had confirmed the child was dead, she went into labour that afternoon and the boy was born alive.

Now two years old and healthy, he is the first long-term abortion survivor to have been born so prematurely. His remarkable entrance into the world is documented in the Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.

The mother had not realised she was going to have a baby until 22 weeks into the pregnancy and felt that she could not cope with a second child. She was given a series of abortion drugs over four days at a private clinic.

After birth the child was rushed to the hospital’s neonatal intensive care unit where he was on a ventilator for 7Å weeks. He fought off several life-threatening infections and suffered from severe lung disease for his first six months. He was allowed home after seven months of treatment.

Dr Paul Clarke, one of the report’s authors and the baby’s doctor at Hope hospital in Salford, Greater Manchester, said: “This mother went through extreme hardship waiting to see if her baby was going to make it. She was told to expect him to die so many times. I am full of admiration for her.”

www.timesonline.co.uk...

This is an amaizing story of Life from planet full of death. But the "slant" of this article is the real issue. The author seems "concerned" for the feelings of this "mother" rather that the horror this child has undergone.

Man is imposing the judgement of god on hinself for such acts of evil. May his judgment be swift.....................

Abortion is MURDER, this woman should be on trial for attempted murder 3 times over. When will such insanity end?

This child represents the "miracle" of human life............

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
to quote from jurassic park,
"life will find a way"

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I believe in pro choice, but I am not sure if this story is accurate, because abortiuon clinics usually do not perform late term abortions under any circumstances unlesss the health of the mother is a factor. 3 months is usually the deadline for any baby to be aborted, are you sure about these dates and numbers?

If it is true well, the mother is still not a murderer, as the baby survived anywyas and the fact that it is a legal right in America and Canada to have an abortion. Until the day comes when that changes which won't happen then you have no right to call them murderers. Well actually you can think what you like, I will think the way I want, PRO-CHOICE and planned parenthood and protection is all I will subscribe to. I do not believe in abortion as a means of birth control, but I do believe in it being an option for a woman and a world that already has too many mouths to feed

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jawapunk
I believe in pro choice, but I am not sure if this story is accurate, because abortiuon clinics usually do not perform late term abortions under any circumstances unlesss the health of the mother is a factor. 3 months is usually the deadline for any baby to be aborted, are you sure about these dates and numbers?

If it is true well, the mother is still not a murderer, as the baby survived anywyas and the fact that it is a legal right in America and Canada to have an abortion. Until the day comes when that changes which won't happen then you have no right to call them murderers. Well actually you can think what you like, I will think the way I want, PRO-CHOICE and planned parenthood and protection is all I will subscribe to. I do not believe in abortion as a means of birth control, but I do believe in it being an option for a woman and a world that already has too many mouths to feed

Pro-Choice is pro murder....................Wake up smell the burnt baby flesh in the abortion clinic funaces. Smells like "holocost" to me.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I don't feel for this mother's emotions whatsoever. She gave up on her unborn child, wanted an abortion, and changed her mind. I think changing your mind in a crucial moment in one's life would constitute as being irresponsible and unfit to take care of another human being. Think of the psychological aspects of this boy when he becomes older and finds out the truth.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
I don't feel for this mother's emotions whatsoever. She gave up on her unborn child, wanted an abortion, and changed her mind. I think changing your mind in a crucial moment in one's life would constitute as being irresponsible and unfit to take care of another human being. Think of the psychological aspects of this boy when he becomes older and finds out the truth.

I completely agree............

With all the evil and aborto-drugs I pray he does grow up. It would appear he is already having issues.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
As I said you can obviously think what you like, as I was prepared for the back lash you just gave me.... Yes I am pro murder!!!!(Sarcasm incl.) Anyways, I don't want to turn this thread into a pro-choice anti-choice bickering, I am not sure that was its intention.
All I am saying is what I believe in which is in the law books, I can tell you another thing, I won't be going around killing doctors and bombing clinics because they WON'T do abortions if the law changes, I can tell you that.

Many Anti-abortionists are quite hypocritical at times.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   

As I said you can obviously think what you like, as I was prepared for the back lash you just gave me.... Yes I am pro murder!!!!(Sarcasm incl.) Anyways, I don't want to turn this thread into a pro-choice anti-choice bickering, I am not sure that was its intention.
All I am saying is what I believe in which is in the law books, I can tell you another thing, I won't be going around killing doctors and bombing clinics because they WON'T do abortions if the law changes, I can tell you that.

Many Anti-abortionists are quite hypocritical at times.

If you could have killed the following to stop there horror would you?

Hitler
Stalin
Mao
Pol Pot

There have been 75 million abortions in the US alone since 1973. What's the difference?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
If you could have killed the following to stop their genius would you?

Einstein
Gandhi
Mother Theresa
Stephen Hawking

What's you point??
That doctors who do abortions are evil maniacs? Give me a break, not to mention your logic is wrong as the individuals you describe were involved in millions of deaths and murders while there are thousands of doctors that perform a 'surgical procedures' that sometimes end up saving thousands of lives.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by jawapunk]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Please provide data for the "thousands" of lives saved by abortion. This is a typical pro-murder myth. A woman does not have the right to murder her children. A doctor does not have the right to murder children.

Abortion doctors are nothing but evil.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
By the same token, please show data that what you are calling murder actually is, and I am talking about facts in the legal sense, laws, as in it is illegal to abort a baby. Also, I wouldn't know where to look for the data of lives saved but I will look for the many complications that occur during pregnancy for you that can lead to a womans death and that in many of those cases doctors do prescribe an abortion rather than face the possibility of death for the woman.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I figured it out man, our cars are not running on gas. Its was all a big conspiracy to cover up the fact that our cars run on the souls of dead fetus's

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

By the same token, please show data that what you are calling murder actually is, and I am talking about facts in the legal sense, laws, as in it is illegal to abort a baby. Also, I wouldn't know where to look for the data of lives saved but I will look for the many complications that occur during pregnancy for you that can lead to a womans death and that in many of those cases doctors do prescribe an abortion rather than face the possibility of death for the woman.

Typical, stick to the BS line instead of providing data. VERY, VERY few abortions are becuase of health complications of the mother.

It was also "legal" to own a human being at one time. It was "legal" to send jews to concentration camps. It was "legal" for Pol Pot to murder millions..he made the laws. In America the entire Roe v Wade thing was a LIE. Jane Roe wants the ruling reversed and she is told she has no standing. This is about infantacide. Have you ever seen how a "late" term abortion is done? Pure evil in its worse form.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Typical, stick to the BS line instead of providing data. VERY, VERY few abortions are becuase of health complications of the mother.

It was also "legal" to own a human being at one time. It was "legal" to send jews to concentration camps. It was "legal" for Pol Pot to murder millions..he made the laws. In America the entire Roe v Wade thing was a LIE. Jane Roe wants the ruling reversed and she is told she has no standing. This is about infantacide. Have you ever seen how a "late" term abortion is done? Pure evil in its worse form.

You are calling me BS? VERY VERY, few? where is your data there guy?
Yes it was 'legal' for those things, but guess what not anymore!! But abortion is a legal choice for a woman and I am happy that it is, so rape victims and AIDS patients and clinically ill people or elderly women don't have to bring thier babies to term. It is their bodies afterall and their lives.
Anyways, I knew this would happen, we are arguing over idological terms and nothing I say will change your mind and nothing you say will change mine. In this sort of argument there will be no winner, tomorrow I will still believe in Pro-choice and you will still believe in no choice. I can accept that, you are entitled as am I to my opinions. So I guess I will have to agree to disagree, because afterall this is all a matter of opinion and philosophy.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
also Wade vs Roe doesn't apply to me I am Canadian and in our country the majority still believe in Pro-Choice

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   

because abortiuon clinics usually do not perform late term abortions under any circumstances unlesss the health of the mother is a factor. 3 months is usually the deadline for any baby to be aborted, are you sure about these dates and numbers?

no not true...............there are some states that offer late term abortions. the laws vary state to state..........but here in the SOUTH there WAS a place in GA that offered late term abortions........i'm thinking it was maybe up to 28weeks........but not for certain.

the late term ABS are offered though. i believe also that was up in front of the senate to pass a ruling on it..............whether late term AB'S were ethical and under what conditions could the procedure be performed........

i don't remember what the final ruling was or whether if it just fell to the wayside or not.............

i worked ob/gyn for 14yrs and have seen many people that opted for abortions and many that didn't...........its very difficult to pass judgement on someone until you walk in their shoes.

angie

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
As a worker in that field than, would you say that the majority of abortions were not late term? but closer to 2-3 months? Not that it really matters, apparently it is all wrong and I am Satan for condoning such heathen practices.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

As a worker in that field than, would you say that the majority of abortions were not late term? but closer to 2-3 months? Not that it really matters, apparently it is all wrong and I am Satan for condoning such heathen practices.

you are absolutely correct. the vast majority of them ARE performed in the early weeks..............probably 6-10wks i would guess would be the time its done. most women (or the ones that i am familiar with) want it done as soon as they find out they are pregnant. and i believe the going rate here in the south is 650.00 for a procedure performed before 11wks.

in my home city CHATTANOOGA,TN there are no physicians that perform this procedures.............the nearest is KNOXVILLE and ATLANTA.

angie

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
In Newfoundland, the province I am from, there is no charge because our government covers it under medical insurance

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

In Newfoundland, the province I am from, there is no charge because our government covers it under medical insurance

nice concept...........NATIONAL MEDICAL INSURANCE!!
here in the US..............i'm sure you're aware that we are still a PRIVATIZED insurance country. we could defintitely do with some reforms in regards to insurance for our population.

and i will add that an elective ab is NOT covered under ANY insurance plan.....unless it is to save the mother's life..............and even THEN....there is pre approval and authorization required BEFORE the procedure is done.

angie

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join