It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parkland Students to President Trump: Stay ‘Far Away’ From Us

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: donnydeevil
Parkland Students to President Trump: Stay ‘Far Away’ From Us

Hussain imagined that Trump would “use this event to make himself look better politically.” “It’s not meaningful,” he added. “He’s the president and he should be speaking on what he’s going to do to make it better for next time. My friend group, Hispanic kids, black kids, they’re not caring for this at all. My dad is of the same idea.”

Another student who participated in Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (JROTC) with Florida shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz, but asked that he not be named, said most kids and people in town agree that Trump should not swing through.

“One big reason people don’t want him here was his speech yesterday and tweet of his,” the student said. “Apparently [the president] said it was the kids’ responsibility to report Nikolas Cruz so in a way it was our fault… A lot of people aren’t happy about his visit.”

Several senior Trump aides expressed concern to The Daily Beast that Trump could potentially find himself in a situation in Parkland where he is trapped with grieving parents or students who harangue him about his administration’s position on guns, creating horrible optics and more negative press for the president. The same officials also voiced worry that the president’s response to such a situation could potentially make the situation on the ground worse, unintentionally. Asked for an explanation, one White House official referenced the incident when President Trump ended up making a widow cry when he meant to comfort her.

The kids and families are angry. Do you think Trump should visit and be his usual incoherent self and possibly say the wrong thing or will he visit and hope for the best?

What will Trump do if angry parents and students begin to ask questions he is unwilling to or unable to answer? Scream ..Fake News?
omg you sir are a moron, how many fing times did obummer exploit tragedy for political gain, yet when trump wanys to go consol gamilirs you throw a hissy.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33
It is quite easily possible if the victims were limited to a specific wing for a specific grade and the student in question has no classes in such area.

Did you know every last one of the several thousand students in your high school?? Did you even really know 200 of them?? Friending somebody on life invader is not knowing someone. Liking a silly gif on the same account is not knowing someone.

It is very possible hundreds of the students in the school did not really know a single one of the student victims.

Whats killing me though, school is still in session. Why are out of state students in DC laying down on a sidewalk practicing their drama club antics instead of studying and learning in class? Who gave them a free pass? Who drove them up there??

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

actually yes i knew who every one was maybe not their life stories but i knew of all of them and there was over a thousand of them. i was same way at the roses department store i worked and the moen water faucet plant i worked at for 15 years. i don't know how boys were in your school but in mine first thing we did was find out all we could about ALL the girls who was good , who was bad , who was dating the sports hulks, who was shy,and so on so yes its hard for me boys are having fun and joking after 16 classmates are murdered an 14 more are shot and injured and they claim not to know of any of them i find hard to beileve

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

With respect schools are halls of learning and individuals take what they can or what they will.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Whats killing me though, school is still in session. Why are out of state students in DC laying down on a sidewalk practicing their drama club antics instead of studying and learning in class? Who gave them a free pass? Who drove them up there??

It was President's Day. Also DC is pretty easy to navigate around thanks to the metro.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 2/21/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That may be your experience, but it is not a common experience of mandatory education, nor an exemplar which can be used to represent the experiences of the majority of people who contact mandatory education, or any of the institutions which provide it.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33
no, you did not know nearly a thousand different names to faces in your school. It would have been logistically improbable for your brain to achieve. You may think so, but in truth you did not. Even a few hundred gets difficult to remember them all. You only have so much time in your day, and for the most part it would have been spent with a handful of your closer friends, with quick "wussup's" and "cya laters" in passing to a few scores of individuals.

Reading off your facebook friends list does not count as knowing of them.

The department store and faucet plan makes more sense, as there would probably not have been more than 200 people working at either one.

There is not a soul around that would be honest if they said they knew the names of up to 1,000 kids in their school and could place the faces to names.

But its cool you at least got to know alot of people. We would have gotten along well were we ever in the same school.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Town Hall meeting with Trump and victims...most of the kids praised Trump. One even said he was a great leader.
Huge contrast in the OP...making it seem like everyone hates Trump. Even the victims love Trump!

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join