It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Ohhh ho ho ho.

I pull up to the grocery store I see a table assembled.....

Please for the love of all that is good be The Girl Scouts slanging those cookies!

Guess what?

It was.

So yeah, I was suppose to start some sort of Keto diet but here I am.

I kept thinking about being a boyscout and all the damn popcorn I sold and how much easier it would've been if I was selling girl scout cookies.

Had to get Thin Mints, Tagalongs, TWO BOXES OF SAMOAS , Do-si-dos.

WHERE WAS THE LEMON ONES ?!

Keto can wait.

Lysergic in a past life.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I usually stay inside a dark room locked from the outside during GSC season.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Ahhh I was waiting for a thread like this.

One word: Samoas

...carry on

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The guy next door had a big stinky plant in his back yard. I asked him what that was, and why it smelled like that. He said its a Girl Scout Cookies plant. I didn't see any cookies on it. I think he was pulling my leg.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Damn things are $4 a box now!
I like a good cookie but I'm not going to be bend over for them.
I'll just buy Oreos

On a side note, when my daughter was selling them "she did about two years", we had to buy the cookies and then sell them. Is that still true?
edit on 17-2-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I was actually wondering that, if they got fronted the product or if they had to buy an inventory.

Boyscouts I went around with like a form for them to fill out all color and what not think I submitted order then collected on delivery if I remember right.

If so, wow these moms bought a crap ton.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I don't want a cookie and I don't appreciate being looked at like I'm some kind of asshole when I say as much.
I'd rather give a bum a few bucks to buy a bottle of cheap wine.
I got kicked out of Boy Scouts.
They didn't appreciate my critiques of the macaroni art.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
The guy next door had a big stinky plant in his back yard. I asked him what that was, and why it smelled like that. He said its a Girl Scout Cookies plant. I didn't see any cookies on it. I think he was pulling my leg.

my favorite kind of girl scout cookie

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Funny thing is. He says that's a cookie tree, then how come he always orders almost a whole case of thin mints and cookies from me each year. He buys more then anyone else

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

That is fluckin funny. Cookie rehab!!

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Am I the only one that doesn’t get why people go crazy for Girl Scout cookies? The chocolate is waxy and artificial tasting... the texture is inevitably stale. I don’t get it.

To answer a question above, when my daughter dabbled in Girl Scouts (she was a daisy) I believe the troop had to buy boxes up front.

I’m not a fan of making kids sell stuff - whether Girl Scouts or marching band ... but I’ve never said no to any kid that comes to my door. Stupid adorable kids.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Was District leader for one year. Scouts did not pay ahead-they took orders and were paid at the time of ordering.

Set up tables at all the big boxes with cookies provided by the troops.

After all those years of cookies and all that accounting, I can barely even look at a box.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Funny thing is. He says that's a cookie tree, then how come he always orders almost a whole case of thin mints and cookies from me each year. He buys more then anyone else

He's got to feed the tree.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

He's got to feed the tree.

Star for making me legit laugh out loud.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead
They’ve gone downhill in the last few years.
They used to use mr Christie cookies. Now yes waxy, I’m no longer tempted.

Somebody bought me the most massive tin of walkers shortbread for Xmas. I only just got going on those. Can’t eat just one. I’m fantasizing about them right now.

What happened to the door to door Hershey’s chocolate almonds? 😍

edit on 17-2-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

He’s harvesting them

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I've never had any luck with them. Set up just about everyplace I could think of.

For some reason, it's "odd" to have a 35 year old man with a beard selling girl scout cookies with no kids around.

People can be so judgemental.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I would assure you that if a certain Mrs.Clinton gave away these things in 2016 ....we all would be saying Madame President. I was in Cub Scouts....they kicked me out for eating Brownies.
edit on 17-2-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
I would assure you that if a certain Mrs.Clinton gave away these things in 2016 ....we all would be saying Madame President.

I'm picturing a girl scout cookie warehouse with all the trucks missing and a dozen girl scouts found dead of self inflicted double taps to the back of the head.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I don't want a cookie and I don't appreciate being looked at like I'm some kind of asshole when I say as much.
I'd rather give a bum a few bucks to buy a bottle of cheap wine.
I got kicked out of Boy Scouts.
They didn't appreciate my critiques of the macaroni art.

Legal panhandling. If you really need the money and do that, you get arrested.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join