It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Niacin Flush. No you're not having an anaphylactic reaction!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yesterday I took 1/2 a hydrocodone for a bad tooth and some new niacin at the same time.

Before I knew it I was on FIRE! My face, throat, chest, arms.

CALL 911 it's an anaphylactic reaction to the codein!

I was given some benadryl and they checked my vitals (my BP was REALLY HIGH) but under the circumstances I thought I was ready to stop breathing.

Today I was looking into it and remembered the NIACIN.

Just for fun I googled it and YEP! It was the Niacin.

So - for any of you who take it? Don't freak out - you're going to be fine! It subsides in about 30 mins (for me).

Here's a link for more info on NIacin Flush
Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

My recruiter gave me niacin to help me pass a urinalysis when I was depping in.

Screw that stuff!

I told him we were just going to have to wait a month. That stuff made me so hot and itchy I would have shot myself if I had a gun handy at the time. No joke it was that miserable.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yeah Niacin will make you literally feel like you have a bad sunburn if you take more than your body is used to.

By the way... Niacin in large amounts is not all that safe for your liver. It's one of the big reasons why energy drinks are not safe as they have a massive amount of niacin included. Something like more than 200% your daily value.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I used to take a lot of niacin to periodically clean out my system.

The burning was certainly interesting, but not intolerably unpleasant, and I knew what effects to expect at the time.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is a horrifying story of what Niacin and Energy drinks can do to you....

And yes, I know it was because of the amount he was ingesting and too much of anything is a bad thing, but at the same time, flushes are useless and pointless. The only reason you would need to flush anything is if your kidneys are busted and that would require dialysis.

You're body is a great "Flush" on it's own. It does a great job without supposed nut job flushes. But... If you need a placebo affect, go right on ahead and hopefully some quack isn't talking you into poisoning yourself.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This brings back fond memories. Niacin before the time released was invented. Taking some and feeling sick to my stomach, waiting for the burning sensation to arrive. Doing back crawls on the carpet to try and itch my back to find some relief. Then the sweet sweet feeling when it finally ended.

I imagine that being poisoned would be pretty close, if you remove the fast recovery at the end.
edit on 17-2-2018 by ClovenSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The flush is because your body will only use what it needs. Taking niacin is a great way to aid in overall health. It is a vasodilator and releases trillions of oxygen scrubbers into your blood. Unfortunately, when you take too much, your body flushes it to the largest organ (the skin) causing the "flush" you feel.

No problem here. Take less, it's good for you! Do it sublingual, and make sure it is the right kind. The cheap kinds are made from nasty stuff.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
took it once.

never again.

still failed.

fea.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

It's a myth. Niacin does not help you pass a drug test. There have been research after research that shows that this was nothing more than bunk.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Yeah so I found out about 12 yrs ago.

Was a #astic experience.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I too thought I was having a severe reaction the first time I took niacin. Scary stuff when you aren't expecting it.

Be careful with long term use though as there is some literature regarding possible liver shortfalls

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

It's a myth. Niacin does not help you pass a drug test. There have been research after research that shows that this was nothing more than bunk.

Yeah, it does. Three days of cleanse with lots of water.

Worked multiple times for me, but then again could have also been the water.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

...There have been research after research that shows that this was nothing more than bunk.

that must be why you cant link a single one here in the thread..

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Yeah, it does. Three days of cleanse with lots of water.

Worked multiple times for me, but then again could have also been the water.

lol you beat me to it. Definitely was the water. Keepin those molecules flushing out of your system so when it comes up, you're likely to pee more clean and have fewer parts per million in your urine. There is a limit of how much you can have per company. Some have higher thresholds than others. Some are zero tolerance but it's not all that often. Though the only down side is, if it's too clean, they'll just make you do it again or give you a fail.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal

...There have been research after research that shows that this was nothing more than bunk.

that must be why you cant link a single one here in the thread..

What's why? You could ask nicely or do your own research. But if you say please, I'll be more than happy to do the work for you.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I took an overdose of niacin when I was a kid.
Hoping to pass a pee test.
I felt like a lobster being boiled for about an hour. Very unpleasant.
Still tested positive.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Definitely was the water.

Of course the water helped, but not by itself. The niacin also helped, but not by itself. And I was not exactly a simple casual user.

Though the only down side is, if it's too clean, they'll just make you do it again or give you a fail.

Clear as spring water. No problems from the lab.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Niacin actually neutralizes methyl in the blood. It causes a quick reaction that converts it to ammonia. In a blood drug test they also check the anion gap to see if it is high, that is evidence of acid blood. That only gives the doctors a clue that you may be neutralizing it, but if you have problems in the OTC pathways then anion gap is usually high. Also, a simple coffee and a cigarette raises the anion gap or coffee and some hot sausages will also do that. But they also still do test the anion gap.

Everyone who drinks coffee has some methyl in the blood, but their tests actually consider that. Now if they are testing for heroin, I do not know if you can fix that. THC in cannabis also has methyls in it that are able to be detected by the blood test. The safest way to pass a court ordered drug test is to quit using drugs and straighten out your life.
edit on 17-2-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

If your aware of it before hand, it is an interesting thing. Some People do not believe that supplements do anything, this is evidence of the power of them. Nicotinic acid is a very potent medicine.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
wow! Thank you for warning
I have it at home, though did not use it yet

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join