It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA Seizing CBD oil across Texas, other States

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The DEA has been going around seizing CBD oil from retailers across the Houston area, witnessed today from personal experience. I went online and found some articles about what is currently happening. I am outraged. As a United States citizen, and a U.S. Army infantry combat veteran who was medically retired for injuries I wouldn't dare let the VA make worse, CBD was my alternative medicine. This, along with intermittent fasting, and sheer willpower has gotten me out of a diagnosis of "you won't walk again." Cured diabetes. Fixed my liver. Treats PTSD and depression. And also, helped me shave 100 lbs of weak man fat. The list goes on. These people are insane, and I may be leaving the state of Texas. Perhaps, civil disobedience is in order.

The triggering incidents, Sheriff Mike Fitzhugh later told reporters, was a child bringing home a piece of candy that contained CBD, or cannabidiol—a nonintoxicating compound present in the cannabis plant—and the resulting call to authorities from the child’s incensed parents. But prior to December 7, 2016, neither Fitzhugh nor federal Drug Enforcement Administration agents would have been able to do anything about it.
www.leafly.com...
Of course, it's for the kids, right? Yet, cigarettes aren't schedule 1 and are way worse for a child to consume.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco heard oral arguments Thursday in the Hemp Industries Association’s petition challenging the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration’s January 2017 rule creating a Controlled Substances Code Number for “marihuana extracts.”

www.thecannabist.co...

Yet, also in 2017, this article said DEA wouldn't prosecute people? hightimes.com...

And yet, in Texas (THE SAME STATE AND CITY), a seizure patient can acquire this now SCHEDULE 1, (NO MEDICINAL VALUE?) SAME AS HEROIN, DRUG?

One of the two prescribing doctors in North Texas is M. Scott Perry, the director of neurology at Cook Children's Medical Center. He joined Cook in 2009 and is actively involved in studying how effective and how safe cannabidiol oil (CBD) is for treating patients suffering from various ailments. CBD oil is derived from marijuana plants that have been cross-bred to have extremely low levels of the plant's psychoactive ingredient, tetrahydrocannabinol, according to the law's requirements.

www.star-telegram.com...
edit on 17-2-2018 by wakeupstupid because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
CBD is a non-psychoactive substance.

Good thing Americans don't have to face the horrors of mass shootings, this damn non-psychoactive medicine is ruining this nation.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Good thing Americans don't have to face the horrors of mass shootings, this damn non-psychoactive medicine is ruining this nation.

No joke, the VA gave me this pre workout every morning of Seroquel 150 mg, Valium (?mg) and Zoloft. That didn't include mid, afternoon and night meds. I literally had a trash bag. Now I vape CBD sometimes. I must be and evil drug addict. CBD even cured that akathisia from the damn meds they gave me.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: wakeupstupid

Cannabis has been "key" in keeping My opiates at the same dose for 14 years now.. I broke My back/neck while working as a Ca. police officer and was medically retired.. It also has helped w/ridding MySelf of 5 Rx meds. from 2 for Hypertension; PTSD; High Cholesterol and off the horse which is labelled "Ambien™"... The VA™ would rather You taking a handful of BigPHarma™ poi$on$ then grow Your own medicine..
Yoga and Meditation has also been greatly beneficial.

Proud Member of LEAP- Law Enforcement Action Partnership

P.S. Being a C.P. (Chronic Pain) I've noticed other folks don't give 2 squirts if You're hurting or not, so at least there is One of Us that 'feels Your pain'...

Stay Hydrated...

P.S.S. I hope You find Your relief.. Cannabis is now "LEGAL" here in Flori-Duh, so there is that...

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I hadn't even remembered the cholesterol problems I had. All gone. Yes, my civil disobedience is moving out of this state if I do not like this ruling. Texas can suck an egg if this stands.

I don't WANT THC. I WANT CBD.
edit on 17-2-2018 by wakeupstupid because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Law enforcement in the middle Tennessee area recently went around and padlocked different stores that were selling CBD oil products - to which a lot of people on social media threatened lawsuits and posted claims that it is legal here following a Farm Act from a couple years ago, since it is derived from industrial hemp, and is FDA approved at under 0.03% THC. They all mention that it is legal in all 50 states.

Boggles the mind the lawsuits if these LEOs have a misunderstanding of the law will be overwhelming...

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

It's been happening in Tennessee too.

www.dnj.com...

The comments on the Murfreesboro police Facebook page are golden. I've never seen a police department roasted that bad on social media. They actually went in undercover, bought a bunch of CBD gummies and then stormed the stores swat style and arrested the owners and people working there at gunpoint.

All over CBD gummies, which are actually legal in Tennessee.. Lmao.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Wow i am really glad to hear you found a way to get more healthy that what the docs can offer.

I do not understand how this is being done in texas because we did pass some laws making it legal here.

I bet if it could get you know who on his feet again then nothing would stop us from getting relief also.

Sounds like the governors are letting the ag clean things up a bit to make way for the new legal dispensaries opening soon.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

There already are legal dispensaries, opening next month, to patients of intractable epilepsy. Yet, they are scheduling this as a "no medical use drug". Explain that one.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I can explain it but most would not grasp.

The plant has unseen properties that out weigh the medical benefits for most.

Itis one of the most powerful plants on earth and we lack the understanding at this point to harness the benefits while negating the damage to society we are causing.

It will get better as we go and before we go forward in a direction that removes all masculinity from the planet we will have to have a better growth plan.

Simply put the mexicans do it better than us.

if this admin does not get it right then it will be done right in 2020

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Trumps little skeevy elf Jeff Sessions is on the hunt for the evil weed, lol this was expected.

K~

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: wakeupstupid

No joke, the VA gave me this pre workout every morning of Seroquel 150 mg, Valium (?mg) and Zoloft. That didn't include mid, afternoon and night meds. I literally had a trash bag. Now I vape CBD sometimes. I must be and evil drug addict. CBD even cured that akathisia from the damn meds they gave me.

Holy crap. How could you even function on all those downers?!

There is no doubt about it that the reason they are going after marajuana/CBD oil etc. is because they will cut into Big Pharma's (and their paid-for politicians') profits. Otherwise how do we explain why they are so hell bent on taking away an effective remedy that treats a variety of ailments with no dangerous side effects?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Trumps little skeevy elf Jeff Sessions is on the hunt for the evil weed, lol this was expected.

K~

It wasn't just "expected", it was full blown inevitable...

I tried warning people on what would happen if they voted an authoritarian Republican back into power... No longer would states rights be respected, as they were under the Obama administration.

This is just the start... I guess the US can say goodbye to being a world leader in the liberalisation of cannabinoid medication... since their clearly about to go back to being the world leader of engaging in a war against a plant!

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This was all very predictable, and worse, un-American.

A great deal, if not all, of the CBD products being seized are derived from the hemp plant. My state, North Carolina, is the first state to use private monies to fund its industrial hemp program. Kentucky is the leader in industrial hemp production among states that haven't legalized recreational marijuana -- Mitch McConnell was a driving force in allowing for "industrial hemp" production to be included in the 2014 Farm Bill. It'll be interesting to see if the DEA starts unlawfully seizing CBD products in Kentucky.

Another plant, Kratom, is being rail-roaded by the DEA, as well. So, we have two PLANTS that have a large amount of anecdotal data (the FDA [as we all in know is an arm of Big Pharma] will NEVER publish clinical data showcasing such) illustrating the significant medicinal value that are soon-to-be scheduled under the CSA as schedule I. Right there is all the evidence you need to see Big Pharma are the overlords of the FDA, and by extension, the DEA. Nevermind the fact the CDC expects deaths from Opioid/Opiate usage to eclipse 2016, when more people died in one year than all the deaths of the Vietnam War (possibly all war-related deaths since the Korean War).

This is your government at work, ladies and gentleman.

The DEA will have to allow for public comments after scheduling CBD and Kratom (they tried in 2016 using an "emergency scheduling" but enough people spoke out, and for the first time in its history, the DEA had acquiesce on a scheduling), so if this is of concern to you, write your representatives, but more importantly, submit comments to the Federal Register stating as an American citizen you will not stand for the continued subsidization of Big Pharma's poisoning our populace vis a vie the criminalization of plants that have significant medical value.*

*Not to mention, there are zero recorded deaths from CBD usage and the deaths attributed to Kratom usage are flimsy, at best (the deaths from Kratom usage the FDA recently touted all contained other drugs/intoxicants/adulterants -- they [FDA] can't pin a single death on Kratom being the sole factor).

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I've been saying it for a while, Texas will be one of the last ones to legalize. It doesn't matter how much evidence you throw at people, they are so dogmatic in their beliefs.

Not that it REALLY matters though... it's EVERYWHERE in Texas and quite easy to get. The CBD oil might be a little more of a challenge though.

The funny thing about when you start smoking is the realization of just how many people smoke. They are just "in the closet" about it.
edit on 17-2-2018 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: wakeupstupid

Yep. And millions of "American's" would see you locked up in prison, gang raped, shanked for it. Because its the "Land of the Free".

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

I made comments and signed petitions the first time they tried to schedule Kratom and I'll do the same now. Gonna follow your suggestions there. Kratom is a godsend, and especially to alcoholics who can't take opioids without risking instant addiction or a slide back into alcohol abuse. I'm sure that cannabis and CBD oil users share the same enthusiasm as its another natural plant that has little to zero unwanted side effects.

Pisses me off to no end, the government trying to take these plants away from us. They are out of control. And we ALL KNOW it's not for our safety! I wish we would all rise up together on this issue.

edit on 17-2-2018 by KansasGirl because: Spell

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Kind of ironic, isn't it. The same government you fought for and was wounded for is depriving you of a useful drug that helps to aleviate your pain?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

'say no to drugs kids, take this handful of antidepressants and mood stabilizers instead.'

I've had psychiatrists throw drugs at me for years, no effect-in fact they did worse for my mental problems (proxies for drug companies more than likely.) CBD can help with anxiety, depression, insomnia, etc but nooooo, something that grows out of the ground is bad, but something made in a lab that's made from chemicals like tetrahydrostroniumtriphosphate? seems legit.

CBD (or pot to put it bluntly) has been used for thousands of years for many ailments, both physical and mental. It helps those in palliative care, those who suffer from PTSD and so forth. Not to mention CBD does not induce physical reliance as opiates do, and they won't kill you if you suddenly stop taking it.

I'm a man of science and this leaves me scratching my head-but that's the pharmaceutical industrial complex for you-pills equal a pretty penny.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...So do countries where mj is legal have reduced rates of the illnesses you all say this drug helps?

If so that would be a strong selling point and if not then you had better keep it secret.
edit on 17-2-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join