It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pentagon is planning for war with China and Russia — can it handle both?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I wonder why they can’t win the war in Afghanistan?

Maybe this is the reason....

Or they don’t want to win that war

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Because, instead of actually fighting the war, they want to win the hearts and minds of the people, and for years, handicapped the people trying to fight so badly it wasn't funny. For a couple of years they couldn't even fire artillery or drop a bomb if it was within a certain distance of, or even heading towards a populated area. Even if they were under fire at the time. And they had to go to higher authority to even try to get permission. Afghanistan has been Vietnam 2.0 from the start. Want to bomb a target? Call the Pentagon to see if it's ok. Need artillery support? Call the Pentagon for permission.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

It would seem China knows the art of war far better than anyone, and they know it. They know have more money and more push than we're allowing ourselves to believe.

China is not a warring nation. Can you list all the nations it has invaded and occupied in its thousands of years of existence. Next do the same for the US and compare.

Who is the warring nation.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Willtell

Because, instead of actually fighting the war, they want to win the hearts and minds of the people, and for years, handicapped the people trying to fight so badly it wasn't funny. For a couple of years they couldn't even fire artillery or drop a bomb if it was within a certain distance of, or even heading towards a populated area. Even if they were under fire at the time. And they had to go to higher authority to even try to get permission. Afghanistan has been Vietnam 2.0 from the start. Want to bomb a target? Call the Pentagon to see if it's ok. Need artillery support? Call the Pentagon for permission.

Funny how the US only seems to pick wars with smaller nations and struggles with that. I dont think China is an enemy and it would be silly to make one out of them. Who has the infrastructure manufacture drones by the thousands a day. If theres a war with China the US will loose. War is going high tech and China can produce.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

China is responsible for writing 'the art of war'. Just because they haven't warred in a while doesn't mean they won't do it now. They never did a lot of things they're doing now. But here they are, doing it.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

If the US were willing to actually fight, it would be a different story. But it's kind of hard to fight when the troops in the field have to call higher, who has to call higher, and so forth, and it takes hours to get permission to do something.

As for China being so peaceful, go talk to their neighbors who are making new alliances and building up their forces just how peaceful they are. Just because they haven't invaded someone doesn't make them good neighbors, or peaceful.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Did you do as i said. China has existed for thousands of years. Thats not a little while. Art of war is not about starting wars for no reason. It is seen as a last resort. Shame the US intelligence did not read it.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Why? Because you're a thread drifter, you drift in and out of threads like a fly to #.

Which would lead one to wonder what drew me to your thread hmmmm?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

If the US were willing to actually fight, it would be a different story. But it's kind of hard to fight when the troops in the field have to call higher, who has to call higher, and so forth, and it takes hours to get permission to do something.

As for China being so peaceful, go talk to their neighbors who are making new alliances and building up their forces just how peaceful they are. Just because they haven't invaded someone doesn't make them good neighbors, or peaceful.

Throw the toys about. The truth of the issue boils down to this

The USA has been in a state of almost perpetual war since its formation. It spreads violence within and outside its own boarders. It is considered by the world to be the greatest threat to world peace.

How many countries has China invades in its 3000 plus year existence. China maped the US before Columbus even got there. They did not want it then. They dont want it now.

Wake up the Tiger and you will have more than you bargained for. China is fast over taking the US and that is a good thing.

Stop exporting your violence.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I wonder why they can’t win the war in Afghanistan?

Maybe this is the reason....

Or they don’t want to win that war

They have not won anywhere. They have gone in dropped some bombs and left many nations in tatters. Look at Iraq now. Nearly 2 million dead mostly women and children. The occupation there killed far more people than Saddam ever did.

Real poor show.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I take orders from no one. Secondly, look at how the Chinese treat their own people. Still, the question remains. They've observed other Nations though and their tactics, no doubt, and I think it would be egoistic to believe they wouldn't turn to war in the future.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Why? Because you're a thread drifter, you drift in and out of threads like a fly to #.

Which would lead one to wonder what drew me to your thread hmmmm?

Cat Fly Nip?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

I take orders from no one. Secondly, look at how the Chinese treat their own people. Still, the question remains. They've observed other Nations though and their tactics, no doubt, and I think it would be egoistic to believe they wouldn't turn to war in the future.

Sorry bud there 3500 year history speaks volumes compared to your random unversed reply. See the trouble is you view other culture only through the eyes of your own. Have you been to China. Lovely place. Fantastic people. They dont shoot up there own schools. Even built a wall around there countries thousands of years ago.

Stop exporting your violence. If you want to kill each great. But keep it within your own borders please.

ps stop exporting guns to mexican drug cartels thats wrong.

Yes and the US it better how. Because they bomb and kill people not considered there own. Or take there own to detention centres without trial or becuase they have the highest rate of there own population in prisons in the world. Or because they set us torture camps in contention with the Geneva Convention. Or because they arm the most suppresive regime in the world (Israel)

and yes you take orders.. stop playing the big boy..
edit on 17-2-2018 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

No one has ever said that China wants the US. But China has been violent towards their neighbors for years now, and laying claim to territory that isn't theirs to claim, contrary to the whole "China is peaceful" claim.

Yes, I know, you'll still blame the US somehow. All the violence in the world is obviously our fault and if we would just stop everyone else would stop resource hunting and we'd all magically get along.
edit on 2/17/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Whatever you want to believe go right ahead, no ones stopping you, not even that chip on your shoulder.

and yes you take orders..

Excuse me?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Yes, I know, you'll still blame the US somehow. All the violence in the world is obviously our fault and if we would just stop everyone else would stop resource hunting and we'd all magically get along.

Simple objective information. I requested people look and compare the two nations over the course of their history. Funny you wont look. Why because the truth hurts real bad.

Why do you think most of the world considers the US to be the greatest threat to world peace. Any idea why. A little self reflection can go a long way in helping one grow up and accept their responsibilities.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Whatever you want to believe go right ahead, no ones stopping you, not even that chip on your shoulder.

and yes you take orders..

Excuse me?

See how submissive you are. You are asking to be excused. By default you have subconsciously have given me sovereignty over you.

See how conditioned you have been to taking orders. You dont live in the land of the free. Please wake up before its too late.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Would you rather War over it?

But first lets just go over this.. Submission for refusing to engage in a useless argument? Are you high or just being ignorant for the sake of being ignorant?
edit on 17-2-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Would you rather War over it?

You could try engaging and answering the question. Evidently too much for you.

Communication is the key. No need to war. Looks to me like your at war with your own head. So no need for that I Just walk away and leave you to do it to yourself.

Enjoy your orders

kekers

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

In the extremely likely case you're using passive aggressive techniques to disengage actual Intellectual conversation and discussion, you may want to re think the way you engage with others. Can you do that?

I didn't think so.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join