It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pentagon is planning for war with China and Russia — can it handle both?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

They don't actually want war with russia and china, just containment and isolation away from as much of the world market as possible.

The business of China is business, the business of the United States is war.

Both are in the business of War and Business the two are synonymous. War is in Mans blood, War is the product of Business.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

the business of the United States is war

Bumper sticker slogans aren't facts. No facts support this statement. There's a fiction forum for this kind of crap.

US is the largest arms manufacturer and exporter on the planet.

That a fact, not "crap".

Where did you learn to debate?

pick any chart

And one of the primary functions of our federal government is to keep the country safe from foreign threats.

I've worked in IT all my life. Over the years we've spent many many manhours planning contingencies. We spent millions on equipment that may never get used. But it takes just one failure to regret not going to the trouble.

I don't have a problem with the planning (which is the topic of the thread). I would have a problem if somehow we set out to destroy China or Russia. I don't think that will happen in my lifetime. I am getting on in years though so that might not be saying much.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

The short answer is no.

It's not if the Pentagon can do it, it's if the American people can do it. If, indeed, there is a two front war with China and Russia, our internal economy will collapse. If our government decides to go to a hot war with both of those countries, our economy will be destroyed, the dollar will have less value than a post WW1 Deuetsch mark. We cannot expect many, if any, allies. What we can expect is the rest of the world pointing fingers at the US, the will of the people being shattered, and food riots, lack of transportation (due to oil shortages) and probably the end of the America we know.

Now if anyone thinks that the Nuclear option will be considered and utilized, even in a limited way; The Chinese and Russians have a crapton of their own nukes as well. Back when I was growing up we called it MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction.) So if nukes are used, the world goes into nuclear winter and we start over again and hope like hell that humanity can get past it's belligerence.

I have few doubts that the world has gone Boom several times due to War. We just haven't got a whole lot of evidence to show for that. We do have enough though that i've made my mind up about it.

The Russians Americans Chinese and other smaller Nations have their own weapons. Canada has more Plutonium than you can shake a stick at, and if the whole thing spun out of control, then the only ones who might survive would be the Big Shots who stole all the money to make their underground hideaways in. Remember the seed bank ? They're vying for this, there's too many people on the planet. They don't want more money, they want more Power.
edit on 17-2-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

They don't actually want war with russia and china, just containment and isolation away from as much of the world market as possible.

Both are in the business of War and Business the two are synonymous. War is in Mans blood, War is the product of Business.

Peace is human, to make and wage war is inhuman.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Welp, i'm still waiting to see that dream come true.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

the business of the United States is war

Bumper sticker slogans aren't facts. No facts support this statement. There's a fiction forum for this kind of crap.

US is the largest arms manufacturer and exporter on the planet.

That a fact, not "crap".

Where did you learn to debate?

pick any chart

Those are facts. They don't support the "War is the US's business" myth. It's not even close to our largest industry.
edit on 17 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

And one of the primary functions of our federal government is to keep the country safe from foreign threats.

No-one is attacking the Continental United States.

Your 'foreign threats' is an excuse used to wage aggressive, unjust war against sovereign nations.

The US, Eu, (NATO) and proxy (Coalition Forces) are currently the only ones doing that.
edit on 17-2-2018 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Your 'foreign threats' is an excuse used to wage aggressive, unjust war against sovereign nations.

The US, Eu, (NATO) and proxy (Coalition Forces) are currently the only ones doing that.

You don't think the fact that we have such a robust military has anything to do with that?

Oh, to go through life this naive.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Welp, i'm still waiting to see that dream come true.

Be the change you want to see. Its the only thing you are responsible for here. If you stand for waging war because everyone else does it, or thats what is going on somewhere, thats a poor excuse.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Warmongers are naive. They think they can 'win' thru death and destruction.

For real. No empire has ever subjugated Afghanistan, for instance. Many have tried, many have 'conquered and occupied ' that little country, but never subjugated it.

Every empire that has tried has ended up on the ash heap of history.

"Afghanistan, where empires go to die."

How 'naive' is it to think that 16 years of endless war there is going to turn out any different, this time?

Naive people think they are winning. US hasn't won one in a long time, anyway.

But do naivety about the history of US conquests since WWII.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Do I think it's a possibility that a nuke would reach and hit Continental USA? Yes.

But the real problem here no ones discussed is the War has already begun, on American soil as we speak. Foreign Interests own parts of the USA. We've been sold out by our own. The War very well may be not so much nuclear, but it's definitely happening right under our noses. The big pay off.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And that would be a great post if we invaded Afghanistan to conquer it.

You don't even know why we sent forces to Afghanistan, and you're gonna talk about history? Please get informed. You're embarrassing yourself. Sorry the bleeding heart "war is our industry" myth is just that, a myth. You don't have to take the sticker off your bumper though, I believe in free speech.
edit on 17 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Why do you keep steering off topic? The OP is about planning, not about invasion. Did you read my post beyond the sentence you quoted? You totally took everything out of context. One of the purposes of the federal government is to keep us safe from foreign threats. That's a fact, not an opinion. The government should plan for worst case scenarios. That's why I wrote about the contingency planning that takes place in business.

I'd love to debate you but it's difficult when you have only on dimension in your argument.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

You don't think the fact that we have such a robust military has anything to do with that?

Oh, to go through life this naive.

Trump is pouring more money into the Military, this is One of the reasons China and Russia are speaking on it. Perhaps they see it as a threat, maybe China is owed back for something, they've invested big time in the USA. Maybe Trump is reneging on some prior promises made to them by previous Administrations and he's showing his own by doing what he's doing.
edit on 17-2-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
ATS Department of Defense. The mental defective league, In formation.

Had my say, pointless to bicker with warmongers.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Although I do not think it will happen it does poses hypothetical question.
In a none nuke war could Russia and the Chinese beat the USA in a conventional war?.

These are the kind of questions I was hoping to provoke from people on this.

Hypothetically, we need to consider it for our own sakes.

There'll be no such thing as a non nuke war amongst such powerful agressors as the US, China, and Russia, think about it!

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Why is this thread not in HOAXbin yet ?
No.. US will not shoot nukes at our business friends China and Russia and doom everyone on the globe

Friends...China isn't our friend, they are our competition, but it is friendly competition.

And agreed, nope, we will not now (and perhaps ever) go to war with China. We might down the line have a few proxy skirmishes played out in other nations at best, and from that only through investing in different factions verses any even indirect confrontation, but war? nope...not a chance.

the West may bitch about China, but we like em quite a lot. Their culture, their food, their products, and the people (of which a ton of chinese are here and living peacefully / integrating with ease).

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

The 'Pentagon' plans for war with every country. The plans are then 'shelved'...in case needed in the future. Every country. That's their job.

Yawn.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: testingtesting
Although I do not think it will happen it does poses hypothetical question.
In a none nuke war could Russia and the Chinese beat the USA in a conventional war?.

These are the kind of questions I was hoping to provoke from people on this.

Hypothetically, we need to consider it for our own sakes.

There'll be no such thing as a non nuke war amongst such powerful agressors as the US, China, and Russia, think about it!

I believe there are enough checks and balances in great nations to where someone in the line will put a stop to any nuclear based insanity. Everyone involved in launching a nuke and thereby starting the obliteration of both nations, if not the world, has a family and even if the leader is lacking common sense, the ones surrounding him/her won't be. Caesar will be backstabbed if he puts the lives of his allies at risk for his own insanity.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

ATS Department of Defense. The mental defective league, In formation.

Had my say, pointless to bicker with warmongers.

Aww, poor thing can't refute the fact that the war industry isn't anywhere close to the biggest industry in the US so has to bow out. Enjoy your fantasies. The rest of us will be over hear in the real world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join