It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pentagon is planning for war with China and Russia — can it handle both?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Now we're talking! Ok wait a second, I don't actually want an alien invasion. But I'd definitely be intrigued if our world's military leaders jointly knew about an approaching alien threat but couldn't disclose it to the public. So they hatched a plot to get each nation prepared for massive high tech wars. To throw off the masses, they had to keep pointing at specific "rogue" countries to justify the increase in defense preparations. And lo and behold, only North Korea, Eritrea, Syria, and Iran were willing to take on the unenviable roles as "world pariahs", choosing to temporarily sacrifice their own prosperity for the sake of the rest of humankind.

Now that's a grand possibility right there. And a much more likely possibility. That too has been on my mind as of late. With foreign and domestic leaders speaking about possible Alien threats and such. They just sent a Tesla into Space!

I'm liking where this is going now.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

There will always be wars. I just think the wars will keep getting smaller and more localized theaters. For example, high speed rail lines are expensive! Who wants to spend time & money building them just to have them blown up in a war? Most industrialized countries have no appetite for war on their own territory.

There will be wars no doubt until a Meteor or some other natural event happens to end it. Perhaps it will end in ice.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
a reply to: watchitburn

Ok yeah warmongering or not though, It's something people like to talk about since it's in our face 24/7 and coming from all corners of the globe now.

Just a thought in the spirit of Conspiracies.... The stock market is having a rollercoaster ride right now, California's back on the verge of drought prognostications (likely) and we are likely to see much more severe weather in the coming months. Let alone any political intrigue, so it might be a good time for a diversion. The gold hunters in the depths of the Amazon Rain Forest know the spot price of the metal... There are NO isolated areas devoid of information.... except here in the US. We have some of the most god awful fake news available.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The short answer of "why?" is to be prepared.

You could say well why do we need to be prepared for war with an ally. Because alliances fail. Who decides which nations we need a plan for and which ones we don't? And what happens if the people who decide that made a big mistake by not including one country or another? Unexpected things happen. They used to call World War I "the war to end all wars" because they thought it was so terrible nobody would be dumb enough to start another one. They were wrong. People are wrong all the time. Why stake your national security on a few analysts being infallible and saying "no, x y or z country will never be a threat"? That's just not reasonable.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

We also have plans for war with every nation in Europe, Canada and Mexico, as do all major nations do for all other nations. Standard Procedure.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
They don't actually want war with russia and china, just containment and isolation away from as much of the world market as possible.

The business of China is business, the business of the United States is war.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
a reply to: watchitburn

Ok yeah warmongering or not though, It's something people like to talk about since it's in our face 24/7 and coming from all corners of the globe now.

Just a thought in the spirit of Conspiracies.... The stock market is having a rollercoaster ride right now, California's back on the verge of drought prognostications (likely) and we are likely to see much more severe weather in the coming months. Let alone any political intrigue, so it might be a good time for a diversion. The gold hunters in the depths of the Amazon Rain Forest know the spot price of the metal... There are NO isolated areas devoid of information.... except here in the US. We have some of the most god awful fake news available.

Interesting.. I hadn't considered that aspect of it but it's totally plausible yes. Everything has a connection to something else and eventually trickles down from there. I'll look this up it's interesting thanks. I agree with the available news sources being crap as well. It's hard to find truth in that #

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Nope!
Only a fool would think otherwise, let's hope that the Pentagon isn't full of fools.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

the business of the United States is war

Bumper sticker slogans aren't facts. No facts support this statement. There's a fiction forum for this kind of crap.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Although I do not think it will happen it does poses hypothetical question.
In a none nuke war could Russia and the Chinese beat the USA in a conventional war?.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Standard perhaps yes. But It's being pushed right now not just as smaller wars have been pushed in the past, now they're bringing out the big guns for massive global invasion on several levels.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
No one is planning war with china or Russia. Stop stirring crap up.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Although I do not think it will happen it does poses hypothetical question.
In a none nuke war could Russia and the Chinese beat the USA in a conventional war?.

These are the kind of questions I was hoping to provoke from people on this.

Hypothetically, we need to consider it for our own sakes.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

As usual I think the USA would only win If backed by the British

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Could be a possibility lol.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Nope!
Only a fool would think otherwise, let's hope that the Pentagon isn't full of fools.

Personally, I think they're all fools playing foolish games with everyone else.

It's almost always the mad men who get into power.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: intrptr

the business of the United States is war

Bumper sticker slogans aren't facts. No facts support this statement. There's a fiction forum for this kind of crap.

US is the largest arms manufacturer and exporter on the planet.

That a fact, not "crap".

Where did you learn to debate?

pick any chart

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

The old "scare the masses" routine.

We have always had a war plan for major world players. Trump also mentioned at the beginning that he was going to strengthen our military. Perhaps this is just the start.

I don't know about you, but I would hate to be caught with our pants down.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The short answer is no.

It's not if the Pentagon can do it, it's if the American people can do it. If, indeed, there is a two front war with China and Russia, our internal economy will collapse. If our government decides to go to a hot war with both of those countries, our economy will be destroyed, the dollar will have less value than a post WW1 Deuetsch mark. We cannot expect many, if any, allies. What we can expect is the rest of the world pointing fingers at the US, the will of the people being shattered, and food riots, lack of transportation (due to oil shortages) and probably the end of the America we know.

Now if anyone thinks that the Nuclear option will be considered and utilized, even in a limited way; The Chinese and Russians have a crapton of their own nukes as well. Back when I was growing up we called it MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction.) So if nukes are used, the world goes into nuclear winter and we start over again and hope like hell that humanity can get past it's belligerence.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join