It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: BotheLumberJack
My thoughts on this.
1. There's nothing wrong with contingency plans.
2. With stories like these, you always have to watch out for the promotional angle. The MIC is full of people who would love for us to allocate even more resources to defense related projects.
3. Forget about potential losses of life for a second. A war with China would be disastrous for China, the US, and many other countries economically. Why would massive multinationals agree with a disastrous war that would destroy some of their main suppliers, sources of foreign investment, and outsourced labor?
4. Technically, Japan started gearing up for foreign military interventions to combat ISIS several years ago.
5. A lot of the North Korea rhetoric is meant to justify an increase in defense sales in that region. If you had an incredibly expense "Anti-Tiger" weapon system for sale, I'd have no use for it because there are no tigers where I live. But if you point out the threat of loose dogs and stray cats in my neighborhood and then convince me that they're just as deadly as a tiger would be, then I might be inclined to look into your "Anti-Tiger" system, just in case.
originally posted by: MarlbBlack
a reply to: enlightenedservant
Great post, has anyone visited Japan? What are the Japanese thoughts about Americans today? I think I'll chill in Missouri. Was just curious.
We know they have zero concern for human life, and want to sustain their regal way of life on the backs of the rest of us.
We also know the Media is good at driving sideways on nearly every issue they publish.
But at what point will these children with Nukes turn on each other due to their own embellished pride and egotistical ideologies?
Maybe they're planning on the next big thing, alien invasion.