It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pentagon is planning for war with China and Russia — can it handle both?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"

- James Mattis

Words to live by.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Pretty sure the Pentagon has a plan for just about everything. Most likely have had several plans that get updated or changed as time goes by.

Be pretty stupid to not have plans for everything.

"Be polite."
"Be efficient."
"And have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The Japanese also nuked themselves. Well, prophecy is difficult here in Alexander, NC. a reply to: BotheLumberJack

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JWill
Thank the Lord bath house Barry or cross eyed Killary isn't in charge.

I agree and I don't believe in Lords.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

My thoughts on this.

1. There's nothing wrong with contingency plans.

2. With stories like these, you always have to watch out for the promotional angle. The MIC is full of people who would love for us to allocate even more resources to defense related projects.

3. Forget about potential losses of life for a second. A war with China would be disastrous for China, the US, and many other countries economically. Why would massive multinationals agree with a disastrous war that would destroy some of their main suppliers, sources of foreign investment, and outsourced labor?

4. Technically, Japan started gearing up for foreign military interventions to combat ISIS several years ago.

5. A lot of the North Korea rhetoric is meant to justify an increase in defense sales in that region. If you had an incredibly expense "Anti-Tiger" weapon system for sale, I'd have no use for it because there are no tigers where I live. But if you point out the threat of loose dogs and stray cats in my neighborhood and then convince me that they're just as deadly as a tiger would be, then I might be inclined to look into your "Anti-Tiger" system, just in case.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Great post, has anyone visited Japan? What are the Japanese thoughts about Americans today? I think I'll chill in Missouri. Was just curious.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

My thoughts on this.

1. There's nothing wrong with contingency plans.

2. With stories like these, you always have to watch out for the promotional angle. The MIC is full of people who would love for us to allocate even more resources to defense related projects.

3. Forget about potential losses of life for a second. A war with China would be disastrous for China, the US, and many other countries economically. Why would massive multinationals agree with a disastrous war that would destroy some of their main suppliers, sources of foreign investment, and outsourced labor?

4. Technically, Japan started gearing up for foreign military interventions to combat ISIS several years ago.

5. A lot of the North Korea rhetoric is meant to justify an increase in defense sales in that region. If you had an incredibly expense "Anti-Tiger" weapon system for sale, I'd have no use for it because there are no tigers where I live. But if you point out the threat of loose dogs and stray cats in my neighborhood and then convince me that they're just as deadly as a tiger would be, then I might be inclined to look into your "Anti-Tiger" system, just in case.

Thanks some good answers. We know they have zero concern for human life, and want to sustain their regal way of life on the backs of the rest of us.

We also know the Media is good at driving sideways on nearly every issue they publish. But at what point will these children with Nukes turn on each other due to their own embellished pride and egotistical ideologies? Children don't like to share after all. Maybe they're planning on the next big thing, alien invasion.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Great post, has anyone visited Japan? What are the Japanese thoughts about Americans today? I think I'll chill in Missouri. Was just curious.

Well, since I live here, I'll say that the Japanese woman find foreign men "cool" to marry. Not all but some. The WW 2 people are up there in age and the old guard has lots of new faces. Came here first during the Vietnam War. I was never really afraid and I lived out in the countryside and wore my uniform on the trains, really never thought anything about it at the time. But these days, Japan is turning out to be another Thailand, a house of play and pleasure. But I have yet met anyone who says they hate Americans.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I'm from Illinois lol, just always liked Missouri, beautiful landscape at the Ozarks.. Dream to move near the Currant, still an ongoing dream.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack

I'm from Illinois lol, just always liked Missouri, beautiful landscape at the Ozarks.. Dream to move near the Currant, still an ongoing dream.

Any where near the Quad Cities?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

They better hurry up because I am also planning all out war against China a Russia.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
That will do wonders for my defense stocks!

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Don't worry McD's is open 24/7

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Near Peoria, so central.. getting off topic here a bit...

I don't want war with anyone, would rather buy ya a cold brew. Wish everyone felt the same.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"

- James Mattis

Words to live by.

Dem some good words to live by.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
So you people don't believe another War is possible. That's what you're saying right? Because I always thought if it happened once it will happen again, when we're not looking for it laughing having a good time and excusing all the talk as just more heresay.

I guess the World Leaders aren't as insane as everyone keeps insisting they are.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

We know they have zero concern for human life, and want to sustain their regal way of life on the backs of the rest of us.

Yeah, that's why I said the part about forgetting about the loss of life. Making and keeping money/resources is far more important to them. China's reached a point where we could never actually occupy or disarm them, and a war of annihilation there solves nobody's problems.

We also know the Media is good at driving sideways on nearly every issue they publish.

Can't really blame the media for that, though. They're generally owned by massive corporations who are owned by institutional investors, investment banks, private investors, etc. and those investors are also invested in defense contractors, insurance companies, construction companies, and other companies that would profit from media stories. So if we follow the chain of command, the investors guide the corporations who guide their news affiliates who tell the stories that their owners & investors want told. To put it simply, the national media is just the mouthpiece for the wealthy.

But at what point will these children with Nukes turn on each other due to their own embellished pride and egotistical ideologies?

The only nuclear attacks that I'm worried about would be against Mecca or Iran. But Trump's administration is allied with the Saudis, so I don't think Mecca is a possibility. I'll leave that one alone, though.

Maybe they're planning on the next big thing, alien invasion.

Now we're talking! Ok wait a second, I don't actually want an alien invasion.

But I'd definitely be intrigued if our world's military leaders jointly knew about an approaching alien threat but couldn't disclose it to the public. So they hatched a plot to get each nation prepared for massive high tech wars. To throw off the masses, they had to keep pointing at specific "rogue" countries to justify the increase in defense preparations. And lo and behold, only North Korea, Eritrea, Syria, and Iran were willing to take on the unenviable roles as "world pariahs", choosing to temporarily sacrifice their own prosperity for the sake of the rest of humankind.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

There will always be wars. I just think the wars will keep getting smaller and more localized theaters. For example, high speed rail lines are expensive! Who wants to spend time & money building them just to have them blown up in a war? Most industrialized countries have no appetite for war on their own territory.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join