It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jennifer Lawrence - on set nudity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DrBobH

I'm mad I didn't get to see it. She's a beautiful woman. She's had her nudes leaked more than once, privacy is a rare thing in the celebrity world. The important thing is she chooses to be naked. also worth noting she is filming nude scenes for her movie red sparrow.
edit on 17-2-2018 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I wouldn’t complain, but what was the reason behind this?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Akragon
and thats from a mod...

Gesus its gettin hot in here

He wasn't speaking as a mod, he was speaking as a dudebro.

i see...

Well good on him then... Chick is smokin...

she can nude anytime... and i've seen the real pics

people should be honored to see her kickin around in the buff

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hi,
My perspective… I have mixed thoughts on it.
On the professional side, I feel it depends on what was negotiated in pre-production.

If, in pre-production, the cast & crew were informed that the project will have nudity and there was a chance a (or more) cast member/s might be off set nude, I think crew member/s have the option to not work (or not be present) on the set of those scenes. Or not work on the whole project. Individual crew members had a choice to not work on the project.

But, if her off-set (or possible off-set) nudity was not discussed and/or negotiated in pre-production, then, without [me] knowing more information, I feel her behavior was unprofessional.

On the other hand, according to this article:
Link< br />

In a new interview with Total Film, she has revealed how the nudity in this film has helped her regain what she felt was taken from her previously, since she had to reenact the terrible moments that had happened to her before:

‘My character is told to strip in front of the class, and I had to strip in front of a class and an entire crew. I worked myself up [about the scene], I was really nervous. But Francis made me feel so much more comfortable. Everybody made me feel like I had clothes on. And then when I finished, I just walked out feeling empowered. I felt amazing.’

In that regard, I can see how it would be overwhelming in a positive way. I’m happy for her that she is healing.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
part of the problem is that people gotta still do their jobs without having to walk on egg shells because they have to constantly wonder if their boss or production coordinater/manager is going to consider them being improprietus for not respecting the talent/hero by being in proximity of them while they're naked.

the actor is not considering the politics on the set for everyone else involved.

the PA needs to stand here because it's his job. but only certain set members are allowed to see the actor naked or stand too close to them under most circumstances in general, but that PA isn't one of them. but the actor is now going to force that PA into a bad situation.

now said PA never gets a call back from the producers or production manager for another job because he wasn't following propriety and set decorum and all the other unwritten rules because he was forced into a bad spot by the nitwit thinking only of themselves actor.

sounds convoluted and nonsensical what i just wrote? good thats life on a set. one could experience less BS etiquette rules attending a royal ball in circa 17th century Versailles.

edit on 18-2-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
I agree with you.

That is why I said I felt it depended on what was negotiated in pre-production. And if it was not known beforehand that she was going to be off-set and nude, then it was unprofessional of her (and inconsiderate of her, but I had removed that part because I felt it was redundant).

On the sets I was on, when there was a talent that had nudity in scenes... it was just like you said where only certain crew (and skeleton at that) were allowed on those sets. For us, anyone not directly working in/on the scene was far from that set, often outside the stage. But, off-set, during those shoots, nude talent had to wear "at least" bathrobes (long) & keep them closed at all times.
edit on 2018 2 18 by oldme because: Fixed sentences and added "long" for clarity.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Where is this set?
A friend of mine wanted to know.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I say...sexual harassment. Treat the girls like the boys.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

That said - I'd like to see some pictures to make sure it really happened.

Nudes of Ms. Lawrence aren't exactly hard to come by.... (double entendre fully intended).

Kind of difficult to imagine how she WOULDN'T have been walking around naked a lot during the X-Men films, as I'm sure that costume needed touching up quite often between takes, etc.

Like others mentioned though, hoping it was all part of negotiations before filming, etc. Really, we as Americans are way too hung up on issues of nudity. Elsewhere in the world, it is not nearly as big a deal. We still have such puritanical views on it sometimes.
edit on 20-2-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Funny she was so upset about having her nude selfies leaked a few years back. Granted that is a bit differemt as was a breach of privacy without her consent but suddenly everyone seeing her goods and prizes is just fine.

Someone there should upload some pics if shes so comfortable with everyone seeing her naked.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Personally, in my limited experience with theater, when you are constantly changing costumes between scenes, etc., nudity really becomes a pretty non-issue fast.

I can't think of a single day as an adult, doing anything in theater, where I didn't see nudity in some shape or form.

And of course, skinny dipping in a cast member's pool during an after party was more of a given, than a rare event. A party that didn't have at least half of the folks naked at some point, just wasn't a party....

But then, my younger days may be more different than others', lol.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join