It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jennifer Lawrence - on set nudity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Silly subjects treated with silliness.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DrBobH

This is nothing, she was nude and hot, sure some people were uncomfortable, but its not like she was rubbing up against them. She was EATING, and "Hot".....Its your rant though.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
typical and typical responses...

"Durrr I wanna see"

double standards... and after her 'selfies' were revealed, I'd not want to look at her with a dead mans eyes, foul hag she is.

Whaaaaaaat? Hers were my favorite of that whole series. Gorgeous woman. If I looked like her, I'd be nude 24/7.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
How does ATS manage to turn a story about a nude actress into a round robin assault on liberalism?

Sheesh.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
How does ATS manage to turn a story about a nude actress into a round robin assault on liberalism?

Sheesh.

This forum can turn anything into that. It's pretty much Godlike without dirty words now. It's really sad.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
With all this metoo garbage you'd figure she would have enough brain cells to be able to see her double standard.
As the OP pointed out...if it was a male,he'd never work again and would be shamed to death.

I thought we were equals??

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This shouldn't be surprising. There are tales of her and Weinstein right? So she is one who wasn't/isn't shy about trading to get movies. Also, come on, anyone who saw Mother! has to know she's pretty shameless. She used to be America's sweetheart, now she's just kind of a gross Hollywood creature.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Why did she wait until she had gone past her best before date to do this?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

the best meme...ever

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

She's mid-20s! A bit early to be throwing her in a retirement home.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
With all this metoo garbage you'd figure she would have enough brain cells to be able to see her double standard.
As the OP pointed out...if it was a male,he'd never work again and would be shamed to death.

I thought we were equals??

You really don't think dudes walk around movie sets naked?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Good God why so prudish?.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

It's not okay.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Good God why so prudish?.

Ehrmahgherd bewbs!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

As a bit of a nudist myself I couldn't care less if people wore clothes or not.
Being naked is being free

Was she being sexual while nude? Without others concent? If not it is hypocritical to diss her nudity while she has to be nude in a scene.
edit on 17-2-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I want to see her naked ass.
I don't care if she's offended.
I don't care if she not offended.

I also know that if she wasn't attractive she would probably be working at Starbucks.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrBobH
Double standards and hypocrisy

*I am in no way suggesting that Die Hard legend Bruce Willis has done this!

Well, it would probably also be found a bit upsetting if she was say, a overweight 65 year old also doing the same thing.

Anyhow, double standard society has for this? sure..of course.
Should anything be done about it? well no, because society itself has adopted this as the norm..women can be all but naked (and in this case, actually naked) and its norm.

Women are weaker then men, so them being naked isn't making men feel like they are about to be raped. A man nude however could trigger a innate fear response from a woman though because men can easily overpower women. Mens strength is...strength. woman's strength is sexuality. Its how its always been..biological.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

That's the world we live in - fake movements like #meetoo undermining actual issues and rampant hypocrisy

Bad choice of words bro. Metoo wasn't fake, it did however get hijacked by everyone with a bone to pick about pet peeves and stuff, but the core is a thing. Stand up against sexual assault.

Being nude isn't sexual assault (especially in this setting)..now, if she was hopping on people and demanding service from the local stagehand, yeah, it would be a issue.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I want to see her naked ass.
I don't care if she's offended.
I don't care if she not offended.

I also know that if she wasn't attractive she would probably be working at Starbucks.

Well...she isn't like, drop dead georgous, but she is cute.

Looking is fine (insofar as I can tell). Leering is creepy, and touching is a no go unless invited. Pretty simple rules...keep society under the same rules as a strip club (minus the leering bit that is..leering is perfectly fine in a strip club)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
This shouldn't be surprising. There are tales of her and Weinstein right? So she is one who wasn't/isn't shy about trading to get movies. Also, come on, anyone who saw Mother! has to know she's pretty shameless. She used to be America's sweetheart, now she's just kind of a gross Hollywood creature.

Can't judge another because if Hillary Clinton met me and said sleep with her and she will pave the way for me to be a iconic multimillionaire with a wildly successful future, I would be in the sheets about 3 minutes later. Thats just my moral stance though, others would run like it was the devil himself..and thats their choice.

Weinstein is in charge of weinstein and his abuse of power. I don't blame temptation from the starving actress caving in to get ahead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join