It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jennifer Lawrence - on set nudity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
There are a couple of articles today about Jennifer Lawrence stripping off and walking round the set of her latest film in the buff.

www.nydailynews.com...
www.moviefone.com...

She says that she’s so comfortable doing this that it made other people uncomfortable.

So you’re the female star of the film, in a position of power. Your actions on set are making members of the cast and crew uncomfortable. But that’s ok? It’s ok because you feel comfortable? It’s ok for you to laugh and joke about it?

If that was any male actor in this political climate they would be slaughtered in the press and never work again. If Bruce Willis* was strutting round set with it all hanging out eating a bowl of noodles there would be hell to pay. It’d be all ‘Bruce Willis exposes himself to female cast and crew’ etc.

Double standards and hypocrisy

*I am in no way suggesting that Die Hard legend Bruce Willis has done this!

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DrBobH

Yes...

that is very ok!

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

That's the world we live in - fake movements like #meetoo undermining actual issues and rampant hypocrisy by the same people starting these fake movements. It's all part of the playbook - control others through social pressure, whilst ignoring their own rules. Elitist control of serfs.

That said - I'd like to see some pictures to make sure it really happened.

edit on 17/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I really do believe the world has gone to pot. Can't people learn the art of "turning away" from things they don't want to look at. They won't be permanently harmed and such naked exposure would have been fleeting.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   

The real truth is that everyone got together at a meeting and said, "Let's start a story that Jennifer runs around the set nude.

It will be great advance advertising! We could never afford to buy this level of advertising.

So now ... we have a story about a story that hasn't been seen as yet.

It is just advertising at its usual degrading self.

P

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I really do believe the world has gone to pot. Can't people learn the art of "turning away" from things they don't want to look at. They won't be permanently harmed and such naked exposure would have been fleeting.

no..

the world is offended...

and they can't take it anymore!!

the humanity...

edit on 17-2-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
It sounds like she was making light of her situation. No big deal.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
typical and typical responses...

"Durrr I wanna see"

double standards... and after her 'selfies' were revealed, I'd not want to look at her with a dead mans eyes, foul hag she is.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   

It must have been truly awful, I cannot imagine the mental anguish that any menfolk would have experienced.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Scarlet Johannsen's been known to terrorise cast and crews with aggressive, physical proclamations of her nudity too. Some of them had to lie down in a quiet room for one, maybe two, minutes.

#longerhemsnow #hidethoseankles

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Where' the proof? Pics or it didn't happen.

ETA: All jokes aside, this all comes down to consent and workplace policies. If some members of the cast and/or crew were being pressured by non-consensual advances from her, then they'd have grounds to report her to their employer and/or grounds for a lawsuit. If she actually broke laws and went further than that, they'd have grounds for criminal cases like sexual assault, molestation, attempted rape, rape, etc.
edit on 17-2-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Scarlet Johannsen's been known to terrorise cast and crews with aggressive, physical proclamations of her nudity too. Some of them had to lie down in a quiet room for one, maybe two, minutes.

#longerhemsnow #hidethoseankles

and thats from a mod...

Gesus its gettin hot in here

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

That was the point I was trying to make, most blokes aren’t going to object but if anyone is being made uncomfortable then it’s unacceptable.

The fact she is an attractive young female and not some fat hairy old dude is irrelevant. It’s not appropriate in the work place.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

but if anyone is being made uncomfortable then it’s unacceptable

Then by all means, they can file an internal complaint if they think her actions actually violated company policy. And if they think she actually broke a law, they can press charges. Has either of those happened yet?

The fact she is an attractive young female and not some fat hairy old dude is irrelevant. It’s not appropriate in the work place.

Every company has different work policies. Can you say for sure that her actions specifically violated the production company's work policies?

Also, isn't she's supposedly nude on camera or nude but covered in this movie? If so, then she clearly would be nude on set, too. So how credible is it that these people are uncomfortable with seeing her nude on set when they accepted the job knowing she's required to get nude for the role?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
So controversial thought.

A few years ago she was all over the press in out rage after nude photos of her leaked online. Now I am not saying that was right in anyway but for that to happen then for you to go to the press try to sue have all this talk about dignity and privacy for young women and now she is totally undermining this work in my view by doing this.

Just put some lose cottons on and have some cold drinks.

Full disclosure, I think I would be turning up for work early if I knew she was doing this

edit on 17-2-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

#metoo

She must be stopped!

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

If it is for her role then that is contractual and there can be no complaints. However if it is outside of the role then it is just as unacceptable as Harvey Weinstein walking round set with his tackle out.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
What is this even. .
This is like writing a news article about how I forgot my coffee and now its cold.
I need to go lie down in some snow now

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I can say, with utmost honesty and confidence, that any discomfort it may have caused men was easily dealt with in a bathroom stall. A body is a body. People need to get over the taboo of nudity.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Did she violate company policy? Not your personal policy, but company policy?

If any members of the cast or crew members felt that she violated company policies, then they have the grounds to file a complaint with the company. Has that happened? Company complaints are generally handled internally & can include job termination. That's what happened to Mario Batali, even though he didn't get fired until after he'd previously been sent to counseling for similar company policy violations.

If any members of the cast or crew members felt that she violated civil laws, then they have the grounds to file lawsuits in a court of law against her. Has that happened? Civil law violations are handled in court, but can be settled outside of court to avoid lengthy trials, avoid publicly admitting guilt, etc. Bill O'Reilly's $32 million settlement with a female colleague comes to mind.

If any members of the cast or crew members felt that she violated criminal laws, then they have the grounds to press charges in a court of law against her. Has that happened yet? That sicko in the women's gymnastics program & his 40-175 year jail sentence comes to mind.

There is no double standard here. Males have just as many options to rectify unwanted sex-related situations at our workplaces, in civil court, and/or in criminal court as women do. It would be a double standard if there was proof that she actually violated company policy or laws, yet the victims didn't have any options to rectify the situation. (As in, "women get to file complaints or press charges if they feel uncomfortable but men cannot." That would be a double standard.)

If you really feel that something is wrong here, then you should try to contact the company and ask if the alleged victims have or haven't exercised their legal options to rectify the situation. And of course, all of this is assuming that this story is even real.
edit on 17-2-2018 by enlightenedservant because: clarified a sentence

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join