It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful Time Lapse Videos...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Beautiful time lapse videos

It's estimated that 80% of North Americans and 60% of Europeans have never seen a clear view of the milky way. The milky way is hidden from more than one-third of humanity due to light pollution. Well, people are missing out. The night sky is such a beautiful thing! So, I found this time lapse video (and a few more) that can bring that beauty straight to the comfort of your home.

I know, it's not the same as walking outside and witnessing it. But still, it's pretty darn beautiful. A great way to start your Saturday morning...looking at something beautiful. One warning though: The music was too loud for me. Probably need to lower the volume before you watch.

All the videos are 1-4 minutes each..

Illusion of Light

And another in case you were like me and want to see more:

Landscapes

And one more:

Transient

And one more..lol

That's it! Just thought these were pretty neat and wanted to share them with everyone. Funny, I stumbled on these while looking for a time lapse flower video..still haven't found that one yet..lol

Thanks and...have a great weekend!

blend

edit on 17-2-2018 by blend57 because: Added another video..

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I think Time Lapse of the Milky Way can be stunning and serve as a visual reminder that regardless of what happens down here we are all living on a a small rock spinning through space.
Here's the view from the European Southern Observatory in Chile.

It's a sad fact that the view of our home Galaxy is one of the great gifts enjoyed by our ancestors many of us have lost access to thanks to the light pollution of the modern age.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Absolutly stunning...

Although I live away from any big city, it never gets so dark that I get to see the night sky like that..

I guess space-day is really something we should consider. Everybody turn off their lights for one hour or something..

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoSat, 17 Feb 2018 05:02:53 -0600am280220182 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

I guess space-day is really something we should consider. Everybody turn off their lights for one hour or something..

You mean like "Earth Hour"?.

I would link to some of the official videos, but they're pretty corny and seem to focus more on people celebrating than on turning off the lights for an hour lol.
edit on 17-2-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

That how it's called? I read about it on ATS somewhere and the idea sounded good...

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That was a beautiful time lapse! Thanks for sharing it. Yeah, we miss out on a lot while we are doing the daily grind. I try to make sure I "stop and smell the flowers" as much as possible though. Thanks for posting that!

a reply to: operation mindcrime
Yep, I live in a rural area as well. Watch the sun rise every morning and stare at the stars every night...unless it's snowing

We don't have too much light pollution here, so the night sky is pretty wondrous to look at. Sunset is gorgeous, sunrise is spectacular, just have to take a few moments to notice it is all.

Thanks for the comments and enjoy your weekend!

blend

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Such beauty in such vastness !

Where I live there is very little light pollution, giving the opportunity to experience the majesty of a southern hemisphere night sky.

It is something to behold especially on a moonless night.

Thank you Blend ... there is such beauty in nature.
We need to look around and see what is there. Too much time is spent on introversion.

🔭

top topics

join