It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Location of atlantis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think we'd have far more ancient maps and documents if the library at Alexandria hadn't been burned down. This was a deliberate exercise of knowledge filtering along with the conquistadors burning all the Mayan scrolls as soon as they landed. Somebody is hiding our true past from us - who? Well I guess it might be the 'jealous god' of the OT, you know the one I mean - the 'god' that doesn't want us to eat from the tree of knowledge.

The fact everybody's agreed to not ruin the last undisturbed wilderness (Antarctica) does seem a little odd, considering there's nothing there and we've ruined the rest of the planet. There is a belief in 'catastrophism' where sudden and huge shifts of the Earth's crust take place, this could explain its location and explain why Woolly mammoths were flash frozen with warm weather plants in their stomachs. 2012 anyone?

It's possible that Egyptians and North American natives both descended from a common land (in 1909 there was a several page article in the Chicago Post (?) reporting how a world famous explorer discovered some Egyptian artifacts in a cave while exploring the Grand canyon. Upon investigating, the Smithsonian claimed they couldn't find them) Logically this land would probably be between Egypt and North America.

According to the Bible (somewhere in Genesis) it claims the world used to be of one tongue and there does seem to be common linguistic traces in many supposedly unrelated languages.

I think there used to be much more land on this planet and ancient civilisations existed in the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian oceans. Exactly why they were destroyed? Who knows - an angry god? Extra-terrestrials? It was alleged that upon Oppenheimer detonating the first nuclear bomb, he declared that he had made the first atomic explosion in modern times - curious.

Sorry for going off at a tangent.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Forgive me if I make a bit of a stretch here, but I believe there is a connection between Atlantis and the city of Tyrus (mentioned in the bible).
Even though the prophets link this city to Tyre (in Syria) I believe they were more probably sister cities (trading partnerships). This would only make sense to me because no trace of the continent was ever found, accept by Jacques Coustau (remember the giant blocks of stone leading out of the mediteranian that dissapeared suddenly in the middle of the atlantic). The bible stated that Tyrus would be a great place for fishing and that it would never be found again. That statement to me indicates that there is a guardian presence over this acursed area (angel/demon).
Anyone that would find it would not live to tell about it. Of course I could be wrong and in the future Atlantis SG-1 would not be a rerun. Booyah!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robert ReynoldsI think we'd have far more ancient maps and documents if the library at Alexandria hadn't been burned down.

That's absurd when you stop for a nanosecond and think of who the city was named after.

There is a belief in 'catastrophism' where sudden and huge shifts of the Earth's crust take place,

Catastrophism does not involve any sudden shifts of tectonic plates.

this could explain its location and explain why Woolly mammoths were flash frozen with warm weather plants in their stomachs.

They weren't. They were arctic plants. Use the search fucntion. Even Graham Hancock has admitted this.

2012 anyone?
No thank you, but you go right ahead.

It's possible that Egyptians and North American natives both descended from a common land (in 1909 there was a several page article in the Chicago Post (?) reporting how a world famous explorer discovered some Egyptian artifacts in a cave while exploring the Grand canyon. Upon investigating, the Smithsonian claimed they couldn't find them) Logically this land would probably be between Egypt and North America.

You've got the story mixed up. Again, the search function will show how this never occurred, though the story in the Arizona Gazette is real enough.

Harte

<< 2  3  4   >>

join