It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey launches Chemical Gas Attack on Syrian Kurds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winterpain
a reply to: bjarneorn

This would give us an excuse to remove them from Nato and enforce a safe area for the Kurds (again, I need more true information on the YPG to know what values their group really has. If they truly are terrorist I don't support them, but most of the information I have on them is pure propaganda).

Best wishes
~Winter

I agree with this assessment, 100%.

// bjarne

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrdoAdChao
a reply to: mortex

Imagine that. We throw the Kurds under the bus - again - and they get gassed - again.

What's that line about fools and history?

Six wounded seems weird though. If you're gonna break the rules, why not really break the rules? Kind of odd, in my opinion. I am pretty tired, though. Could be a tinge of paranoia.

You are correct in that line of thinking. Not to marginalize life but six dead/injured;To what end? Who really benefits here on the Geopolitical stage? Certainly not Turkey. Potential FF.

Reminds me of the chemical attacks by Syria. Supposedly anyway.
edit on 17-2-2018 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hmmm, gas attack in the ME...
First of all : I don´t want to defend that hobby Hitler Erdolf, that for sure!

But when i hear about a gas attack nowadays, my mind tells me immediately that it´s another false flag operation of the west. Everytime the west talks about gas attacks, done by Assad´s troops ,for example, the west wants to accomplish something, wants maybe to have a reason to bomb syria, or similiar.With the help of Al Nusra´s/"IS"´s White Helmets and the funny british one man show Syrian Observatory for Human Rights(SOHR), they show us a nice theatre play and want to make the western people believe the stories of the evil rogue states and the godlike good and shining west.

To make Assad, for example, look like the most evil being on earth, that needs to be wiped out by the west. Now it is Erdolf that should have done an gas attack, now he is the most evil being on earth. It´s not that i would not believe that his islamic troops would not do such an attack, but what is the outcome? I don´t think that any dictator nowadays would use gas to attack only a few people, just enough so that the west has reasons to see this dictator as the evil that needs to be wiped out.

As harsh and sad it sounds, these six victims of an alleged gas attack could have been killed on a million other ways, why using gas to kill only six people and not 6000. You are the most evil being anyway, if you use gas, then you could do it "properly" too, wouldn´t make a great difference anymore.

Look how Erdolf´s Turkey behaved the last months, and now, after attacking the "U"SA verbally too, he, his troops, suddenly used gas to kill six people. Does that make any sense for Erdolf´s strategy? Not if he doesn´t want to be attacked by the west, not if he wants not to be thrown out of the NATO, not if he wants to go on with his illegal war on syrian soil, with his inhuman actions against the kurds, without the west saying, critizing anything. He would endanger everything he has done yet, beginning with a false flag coup that started the whole mess.

Look how fast these news made the round in all MSM agencies around the western world. As if they all just waited for that one special news. Makes me feel that it is wished that the western people have to switch off their brains and have to be ruled by their feelings. The mob should rule and yell: Bring us his head.

I have the feeling that Erdolf now went one step too far, with being a loudmouth against the "U"SA, and now the western rulers need a 100% reason to gather their people behind them, to have their "absolution" for everything that follows now. But does it really need a gas attack to make Erdolf look bad? As a german i just can say that his Nazi accusations against Germany over the last months, are reason enough for every german to yell: Bring us his head on a silver tablet. No extra gas attack needed, that makes the round in all western MSM agencies, to make us not love him.

Then that thing with the "journalist" Deniz Jücel, he is free now from turkish jail, back in germany and "minutes" later, Erdolf-Turkey attacked kurds with gas. After the german officials made a dirty, till now secret deal with Erdolf, to free ONE "journalist". They still say that there was no deal, but let`s wait just a bit and we will read and hear about the kind of deal that "wasn´t done". Guess it´s about german weapons, upgrades for turkey´s german tanks or similiar stuff. Maybe that deal, the nazi attacks against germany(an "U"S outpost), the complete behaviour of NATO member Turkey the last months plus the verbal attacks against the "U"S itself broke the camels back now. The summary of all of Erdolf-Turkey´s actions over the last months.

Btw, i write "journalist"in relation to Jücel because i don´t trust that guy, simply because he works for the transatlantic ruled Springer media corporation. Germans know about Springer. That´s why i believe that Jücel maybe really could have do with secret service work, of whatever western service. He was not well known in Germany before that arrest in turkey, not a known more valuable, trustful, good journalist. Those that knew him before maybe because of his anti german writings in the TAZ. That man is just not valuable enough to make such a show just because of this one "journalist", if he really only is a journalist. While 156 other journalists are arrested in Turkey. Ok, 156 not german journlists, but Jücel too has two passports, a german and a turkish one, so he at most is maybe 50% german.

Everything that is done to stop Erdolf is good, except any foul play that is not even needed, we don´t need to be fed with stories about implausible gas attacks of dictators that have to fall, and later to learn about fishy circumstances regarding these gas attacks. There are reasons enough, real reasons to stop that hobby Hitler out there!

But that gas attack makes no sense at all. If not Erdolfs islamic troops go postal and do whatever they want, including the use of gas. And that would only show that Erdolf has no control about them anymore.

I don´t know but i learned to be very sceptic about any gas attacks in that region down there, done by dictators that the west wants to see gone, spreaded by all the western MSM agencies.

But maybe i am too "tinfoil hat"...

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Turkeys.
I carry a proud feather.
Hand snatched from the wild.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
A lot of you are missing the point.
It matters little if Turkey did or didn’t launch a chemical attack on civilians.
What’s of significance is that it is being reported by a major western and a major Russian news source.
Think about that for a moment.

Turkey probably didn’t do it. There probably was no chemical attack.
But someone wants the world to think there was and they want to blame Turkey. That puts pressure on Turkey.

What’s happened recently?
Russia shut Syrian air space to Turkey for a few days. In response to Turkish backed terror groups shooting down a Russian jet.
Tensions with the US have risen to new highs with the Turkey openly talking about fighting US forces.

Who was in Turkey this week?

They agreed to something. Are we being told everything?

Think...it’s not one side but BOTH sides reporting the gas attack by Turkey.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Sounds similar to the genocide that Sadaam Hussein (Iraq) was carrying out against the Kurds in northern Iraq. Why are the Kurds so hated?

The Kurdish people were promised a homeland (Kurdistan) after the fall of the Ottoman Empire. But of course, the Europeans reneged on this promise w/the Sykes-Picot Agreement. Kurdish-held land stretches across parts of Syria, Iraq, and Turkey, and different Kurdish groups have been fighting for independence ever since.

Turkey is staunchly against giving up any more of its territory and it sees any independent Kurdish state as a threat that will inspire its own Kurdish population. So Turkish forces are almost always in a state of conflict with various Kurdish groups in Turkey, Syria, or Iraq.

The Kurdish groups in Iraq have been on-again, off-again allies with the US. We backed them in their revolt against Saddam during the Iran-Iraq War in the 1980s, yet we then sat back & did nothing as Saddam's forces used chemical weapons against them to crush that rebellion. But after Operation Desert Storm, we set up no-fly zones over Kurdish land, which basically gave the Iraqi Kurds semi-sovereignty.

And in Syria, we've armed some Kurdish groups while also arming some of the Wahhabi "rebels" who waged war against Syrian Kurds. Some people wanted to divide Syria into several smaller states as part of the solution after taking down Assad, which would likely include a small independent Kurdish State. But Turkey is clearly against that.

Another angle is that Kurdish groups usually have no problem trading oil with Israel. In fact, some of the reports about ISIS selling oil to Israel claimed that the ISIS smugglers used fake Kurdish paperwork to get it to blend in with the legit Kurdish oil. Of course, Iraq & Syria are still sovereign states so "Kurdish" oil in those countries is technically still Iraqi oil & Syrian oil. This conflict over the oil rights, taxes, and other revenue in Kurdish majority lands is also a part of the conflict.

Anyone else can chime in on this. I know quite a few Kurdish people, but I'm by no means an expert on their issues.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I wish I knew more about them. I have no "inside" information outside of pro-Kurdish and anti-Kurdish websites/forums and of course the MSM. I would love to learn more about them but I've found it difficult. Actually knowing a few would help greatly, I am sure.

My community has a large population of Lebanese people. They're the descendants of the first wave of immigrants fleeing persecution. They comprise the largest set of minority business owners, lawyers and doctors in my area.

I grew up next to an older Lebanese gentleman and have countless friends of Lebanese descent. And every single one of them understands why they're here. Because of the evil that man creates for his fellow man.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
So it's okay to put out false stories if those lies get attention?

Forgive me if I don't understand that line of thinking....

The link is still not working and this story has not been reported except with references back to Reuters. Why propagate false stories? This appears to belong in the hoax bin.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

The link is still not working and this story has not been reported except with references back to Reuters. Why propagate false stories? This appears to belong in the hoax bin.

I do not think that it belongs to the hoax bin since it is reported by Reuters. Here is the Link

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Syrian Kurdish forces and a monitoring group said the Turkish military carried out a suspected gas attack that wounded six people in Syria’s Afrin region on Friday.

Also an alternative site :

08.14 Possible Turkish gas attack on Syrian town - SOHR

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that six people were wounded in a bombardment on Al-Sheikh Hadid, with symptoms the Kurdish militant group People's Protection Units (YPG) described as indicative of a gas attack.

"Shelling from either Turkey or allied factions hit Al-Sheikh Hadid and left six people with enlarged pupils and breathing difficulties," Observatory chief Rami Abdel Rahman said, adding that he could not confirm whether toxic gases were used.

(AFP, Reuters)

Source

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Mostly because they want to go their own way.

They've been betrayed by their supposed allies time and again.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Not just the U.S., but other than that, we agree. The Kurds have been getting the short end of the stick for over a century. Probably longer.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Thank-you for that information. I'll do a little research to find out why they attract attacks. They're a peaceful people who don't deserve such mistreatment. I really hate some aspects of humankind.

You really have a decent and humanitarian streak. I commend you for that and your desire to learn!

We need more of it

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Sounds similar to the genocide that Sadaam Hussein (Iraq) was carrying out against the Kurds in northern Iraq. Why are the Kurds so hated?

That is probably because they are allied to the US military in which everyone hates now.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: OrdoAdChao
Where do you guys get this idea that we have abandoned the Kurds or thrown them under the bus?? Under our protection they currently have control of 25% of former Syria, and 10% of Northern Iraq interdependently. They are operating quite fine. US forces were never in Afrin, and US forces were never conducting air sorties over that region. The Kurdish separatists in that area, while operating under the SDF umbrella as our allies, had locked down that chunk of land on their own and had an agreement for administration with Syria while the Syrians fought terrorists of the nastiest variety. Therefore the US never had any assets in the area, therefore how could we be throwing them under the bus?

We literally just slaughtered possibly hundreds of Syrian government forces and their various paramilitary allies from the air when they attacked SDF positions around Der E zoir. Does that sound like abandoning our allies??? They are fighting with tooth and nail on the ground with a large number of ATGM's which gives them a fighting chance against Turkish armor. Weapons that have been so effective, that the Turkish army is rotating their more expensive German Leopard 2 tanks out of the area in favor of using cheaper backstock American M60's because of mounting losses.

The Turkish backed FSA rebels continue to play back and forth with the areas they do manage to occupy, thanks to the assistance we have provided in training and equipment over the last few years. Nobody is abandoning the Kurds, quite the opposite. You will likely see a merging of the Iraqi and Syrian Kurdish enclaves over the next decade into a new state, which has had Bi-Partisan open congressional support in the US. In fact, we have been manning a border point North of Manbij to prevent Turkish and associated terrorists incursion into the area we have been operating together. There is only so much we can do at the same time. We are operating in half a dozen countries in Africa too you know. Sometimes we just have to pick our OPS.

As far as chemical attacks by Turkey. I think the more likely scenario is they struck a warehouse that may have housed industrial chemicals such as chlorine for water purification, or some other such industrial use chemical.
edit on 2-17-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
So it's okay to put out false stories if those lies get attention?

Forgive me if I don't understand that line of thinking....

You seem to be the only person having problems reading the sources.
Yes sources, as in plural.
You keep saying the Reuters link won’t work, I provided you with an updated link, but there is also the RT link..
There’s also google which if you search the title in the OP quote from Reuters will take you to the article.

The article is real.
The content, what is alleged may not be. I never said it was “okay” for fake news.
I merely suggested that if it is not true that Turkey did do it, that there is altering motives. Even if Turkey did do it, you have sources from the west and east reporting it.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: OrdoAdChao
Where do you guys get this idea that we have abandoned the Kurds or thrown them under the bus?? In fact, we have been manning a border point North of Manbij to prevent Turkish and associated terrorists incursion into the area we have been operating together. There is only so much we can do at the same time. We are operating in half a dozen countries in Africa too you know. Sometimes we just have to pick our OPS.

There are many instances, such as the recent situation involving Iraqi Kurds in Kirkuk. And picking OPS is really tricky when both belligerent parties are your "allies".

ETA: There is also the sticky situation with Turkey, a NATO member, has labeled the YPG an extension of the PKK. We have a NATO ally who has decided the people we view as "freedom fighters" are "terrorists".

As far as chemical attacks by Turkey. I think the more likely scenario is they struck a warehouse that may have housed industrial chemicals such as chlorine for water purification, or some other such industrial use chemical.

That very well could be the case. Seems more plausible than a direct chemical attack by either side.
edit on 20-2-2018 by OrdoAdChao because: distracted by formatting

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

& it's a damn shame how badly the US has deserted them considering the decades they have been reliable partners in conflicts over there.

There needs to be a free & independent Kurdistan, north Iraq doesn't count

What is this Orwellian revision to history that you speak of? The USA has never treated the Kurds as “partners”.

To the USA, the Kurds have always been a nuisance for their ME allies, and the USA has had no problem supplier their real ME allies with weapons to crush the Kurds. This includes decades of oppression of the Kurds within Turkey. This also includes the USA supplying chemical weapons to Iraq during the 1980s.

The only times that the USA viewed Kurds differently was when the Kurds happened to be inside the borders of non-aligned countries like Iran. Only then were they portrayed as innocent, repressed people.

But now, all of a sudden, the Kurds are the good guys and have always been allies of the USA? That is simply a bold face lie that is in contradiction to a well established and documented history.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheStalkingHorse

This is just from 2 days ago:

As for the United States, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson's Feb. 16 visit to Ankara somewhat improved relations with Turkey — relations that were heading into an abyss because of issues like Fethullah Gulen, the trial of an Iranian-Turkish businessman in New York and the Pentagon’s alliance with Syrian Kurds against the Islamic State (IS). During Tillerson's visit, the United States acknowledged Turkey’s security concerns and agreed to form a committee to find a joint solution, which no doubt contributed to the optimistic mood. Ankara demanded that the Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) be removed immediately from Manbij, but agreed that Turkish and American soldiers can jointly provide security — a constructive move, despite Erdogan's occasionally tough rhetoric.

Tillerson adopted a reconciliatory stand by saying the committee will make Manbij a priority. But Tillerson also hinted that joint security might not work in the areas liberated from IS by saying, “The reason for us to base soldiers in Manbij is to ensure that the town remains under the control of our partners.”

That's a sticky sentence. The United States considers the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) a partner. Playing a large role in the SDF is the YPG, which Turkey considers a terrorist-affiliated group.

Turkey's march on Manbij stalled by wall of reality

The US has backed the Kurdish YPG for years now. Turkey even threatened the US just last month over our support of them (HERE). The US also backed the Kurdish people in Iraq before abandoning them when Saddam's forces launched chemical weapons against them. The US then backed them again when the UN placed "no fly zones" in Iraq after Operation desert Storm, which gave the Kurdish people semi-autonomy in Northern Iraq. There are other examples but I'm too busy to do any more research right now.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

So are we putting boots on the ground in Turkey?

They used WMDs......They have them right now, no need to search. They used them. No need for UN weapon inspectors.

Now we know who has been gassing people and then blaming Assad. They probably supplied ISIS which is being armed by the US and our allies in Syria.

Also, WHY ARE WE IN SYRIA?!!

Congress voted to declare war on Syria? What is the legal framework that has US soldiers involved in another countrys civil war? Is that legal framework even constitutional?

edit on 2 25 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
Petrodollar
investmentwatchblog.com...
www.globalresearch.ca...
edit on 25-2-2018 by all2human because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join