It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert : Russian Mafia becomes legal worldwide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
In the article that you're about to read in the link below I gave you,it says the Russian government is starting to legalize the Russian Mafia and other criminal organisations.I find this to be truly bizzare because the Russian Mafia is a notorious bunch of people with only themselves to please.

According to Nikolai Ovchinnikov, there are about 200 "legal criminals" on the territory of the Russian Federation. They mostly reside in the Center of Russia, as well as in Southern and Ural administrative regions. A lot of criminal leaders try to stay away from their environment to be able to legalize their businesses. Criminals may use elections for such purposes, or even state institutions, in which they may try to get a work position.

Source:
english.pravda.ru...

(I don't know whether it is reliable,since it is from the Russian pravda.You decide.)

They are willing to allow criminals get away with their past crimes?Certainly I disagree with what they're doing.Once they know they did something illegal and are able to get away with,of course they'll commit more crimes.Humans learn from experience.Moreover,I just don't get the term "LEGAL CRIMINALS".It's so contradicting.

What say you?

[edit on 16-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Pravda is at best a questionable source.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Hmm,I don't know but since it's reporting it own local news I think it's worth a shot at posting it.Anyways,what do you think of the Russian government on "legalizing" criminals?

By the way,I'll try to find a better link to support.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I don't mean attack your story Heartagram but I've seen Pravda compared to National Enquirer, India Daily and even Weekly World News on this site. It could be true, but they seem to also publish purely fabricated stories as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Translating Euphemisms

"Pravda" means "truth" or "justice".

And as with all Marxist euphemisms, it means exactly the opposite of what it says.

There is some truth in Pravda, but it is usually either an oversight or used to bolster claims which are not true.

Believe what you like, just remember: garbage in, garbage out.

new topics

top topics

join