It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cobra Kai. its going t be glorious

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: TinySickTears

Please tell me Shue is back in as well. She can be divorced with like 4 kids.

sadly no.

she is one of those ladies that still has a good look. always liked her.

not credited but a cameo would be cool.

it would be cool to see kumiko. i know tamlyn tomita still acts

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
We ran into Marty Cove (he played the leader of the Cobra Kai dojo in the film) at a Convention a couple years back, and he hinted that this was in the works. I really hope they have him do a cameo at some point. He seemed like a really nice guy in person, but always plays that kind of a .....character...hehe.

This will probably be short-lived though.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
uh so anybody seen the web series Cobra Kai...

its awesome!!!! I watched all ten 30 min episodes in one go last night till 4am. great production values. great script. very enjoyable.

seems like they're going tto do a season 2 also. it's done really well for YouTube red. (might even establish them up there with netflicks) you can watch it free for the next month (the entire first season) on you tube.

go watch it!!!
edit on 5-5-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok
in this show marty koves character is refered to as passed away or dead.

you'll really be routing for Johnny Lawrence in this show. turns out he's the good guy.

Daniel larusso grows up to be a pseudo prickish car dealership owner.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

i loved it.

i thought it portrayed them both as good and bad. it was very well done.
the martial arts was terrible but i loved it anyway.

i really did want to see daniel and johnny fight though.
i was also wanting to see his daughter fight. the little she showed was better then all the others.

it was cool man. i binged them all too. i felt a lot of nostalgia.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

what you don't like old school karate. he swept the leg and everything.

I used to live in that neighborhood for many years so a lot of little side joke's and comments I picked up were funny. especially all the talk about van nuys Blvd and all the car dealerships.

I thoroughly enjoyed the series. everybody should watch it just for fun.

if i want to see good martial arts il watch the Raid or something.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

you'll really be routing for Johnny Lawrence in this show. turns out he's the good guy.

Yes that was spoiled in How I met Your Mother.

Cant wait, will be watching soon.

I actually wonder if what happened on How I met your Mother, the actors coming together, the character Barney having the theory that Johnny was good guy and Daniel was the bad guy actually played a part in getting this show going.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
dont know what you are all on about though.
johnny is definitely not 'the good guy' and daniel is definitely not 'the bad guy'

the show just kind of shows it from both their perspectives.

i definitely dont see daniel as the bad guy at all. i see johnny as more of your everyday guy types. not bad. not good. just trying to get through.

edit on 6-5-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

ok. what I mean is in the original movie. larusso is 100 percent wholesome good guy. Johnny is the jerk, 100 percent bad guy. it was black and white.

in this series you see his childhood. how he came up as a kid ignored and deningrated by his dad. how he lives a average life, living in a crappy apartment with a crappy job. but about a third of the way through you are rooting for him 100 percent. he's the hero in this series.

larusso isn't a bad guy per se. but he's not all good either.

he's hanging on to anger, and hatred regarding johhny and cobra kai. I mean sure he offered to fix his car for free but he was doing it sorta to twist the knife while being "nice" and Daniel was holding on to baggage when he wanted to refuse cobra Kai from re entering the all valley tournament.

face it Lawrence is the hero. larusso although not bad is the antagonist.

and even though the martial arts aren't stellar they were better than any of the movies. you weren't happy to see Lawrence punk those kids. or the student taking out all the bullies in the cafeteria?

however i agree the show does approach it from both perspectives.

personally in season two I wanna see master ken make a cameo.
edit on 6-5-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

dude i thought it was a great season.
i enjoyed all of it.
i liked hawk. i liked daniels daughter. i wanted to see her fight.

just the martial arts sucked is all. kind of supposed to i guess.

the best part of the show is after johnny's kid gets off the tree to go looking for daniel and he stumbles on him balancing on one hand with his legs in the air practicing the form cause of some mysterious kick that only miyagi could do.

to much cheese. then he practices his # in the skate pool and gets his form down.
hahahahhah

i think what bothered me the most was the kids still wearing their glasses when they were in the tournament.

all in all great show though.
we saw kreese
they made us think daniel was gonna fix the kids shoulder
we saw flashbacks of alley
we saw miyagi's house
we saw the car miyagi gave daniel
the skeleton costumes

it was great

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

yeah what's going to happen with kreese? kinda a surprise. wonder if the two will start beefing over who gets to claim cobra kai

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

yeah what's going to happen with kreese? kinda a surprise. wonder if the two will start beefing over who gets to claim cobra kai

i dont think it was really kreese.
i kind of just feel like it was in his mind.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

yeah im hoping that its just his internal demons about his students win not sitting right with him. he said dont fight dirty and the kid did.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

yeah im hoping that its just his internal demons about his students win not sitting right with him. he said dont fight dirty and the kid did.

thats what im feeling too.
johnny is teaching them be aggressive and mercy is for the weak but when his student has to fight his kid it gets him thinking differently. then he tells his student to back off and he dont so he is #ed up about it.

torn between teaching methods like kreese but not being a dick anymore. maybe finally growing up.

there are a lot of good under tones to this show which really surprised me.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

yeah I'm recommending it to everyone. plus i love the transformation of hawk. great character.

loved the scene where they go to the bar together and find out they have a lot in common.

but more importantly I think the best addition to the series was the blue and gold new mats at the all valley tournament....I mean people are loving these new mats.

I do have questions like where did Johnny get a baseball pitching machine and how'd he afford that.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

the new mats... yeah. best thing about the tournament.

must have rented the pitching machine with the check he got from his stepdad.

my wife is going to hate me but i want to watch it again.

did you want to see daniels daughter fight? she showed a couple moves, especially at the end but she has the skills sir.

hawk is definitely a great character.

next season is gonna be the #. miyagi dojo in the backyard of miyagi's old house.
great job with the show. glad it went the direction it did

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

yeah it would have been cool to see the daughter fight. she wasnt using just karate which was nice to see.

the B-twist at the end she does is more dance than martial art, although I used to have to do it when training northern shaolin for this one form back in the day. always made me feel me uneasy to do.

she should definitly get more screen time doing some martial arts in the second season.

personally I'd like to see miyagis backyard and dojo some more. I'm doing landscape design for a living these days and i love Japanese gardens. would be an awesome place to train. alas, I am more of a cobra kai kinda guy all the way.

I dug the training in the woods part. I'm a huge proponent of that. I do a lot of training in the woods and at night. mainly because it's quiet and peaceful. you have privacy to work out the stuff you aren't so great at so folks don't leer at your awkwardness. uneven terrain is great to work on and so is the idea of just being in the elements. plus some stuff you really don't want to do in public for various reasons. I do some pekiti tersia and you have to train with live blades and doing so at the park is kinda illegal and intimidating. and you don't want the wrong crowd getting any free lessons. but I love that training scene in the woods.

I coulda done without half the kids at cobra kai but I did laugh when the chick got torn a new V word at the party by cobra kai.
edit on 6-5-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

its awesome!!!! I watched all ten 30 min episodes in one go last night till 4am.

after my reply yesterday I had to see if I could watch them.

WOW,

Yes, Awesome.

I have to say episode 9 when Johnny is in Daniels drive way and Daniels wife doesn't let the boys play, then the whole day they spend together.

Brilliant.

I was on the edge of my couch, the 10 episodes just has me craving for more.

As TinySickTears says

there are a lot of good under tones to this show which really surprised me.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

dont know what you are all on about though. johnny is definitely not 'the good guy' and daniel is definitely not 'the bad guy' the show just kind of shows it from both their perspectives.

OK,

To explain, which also has me wondering was the idea born for this show when both actors guest started on How I met your mother for the second last and last seasons I think it was.

one of the main Characters (of How I met your mother) hero is the Karate Kid.

But in his mind the Karate Kid was Johnny Lawrence, and Daniel was the villain who came in and stole the Karate kids girl and beat him with an illegal kick at the end, which as you have seen is just spot on to how Johnny sees it in the new show.

I really wonder if the writers of How I met your mother came up with the idea just for the show and the idea was adopted by either the actors or someone else in the business and now we have this new show.

There is one YouTube clip but its a recording of a TV screen playing the part of an episode where its explained by the character what his interpretation of the karate kid is.

just search 'Barney explains the karate Kid' in google and it should give the link if you want to see what I am talking about.

Funny as hell but when I started seen clips for Cobra kai and read about it it blew my mind.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

the writer was the guy who did hot tub time machine 1. apparently he is a huge karate kid fan. it's his star wars

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join