It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Republicans Sanction Russia or Prove Their Treason with Inaction

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I'm advocating the President follow his duty. He doesn't get to decide what laws he follows. He executes the laws.

Like immigration laws?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: ketsuko

OK, first explain who we are sanctioning and why?

Remember these are 13 Russian citizens and not the Russian government as a whole according to the indictments.

So, are you in favor of sanctioning an entire country for what some of its citizens did on social media?

I indulged your question and you wish to further evade the simple question I've asked instead in hopes of getting away from the answer which is already given by the Constitution of the United States of America.

No more deflections.

"Is it okay for the President of the United States of America to disobey his or her Constitutional duty?"
"Yes" or "No."

What was Obama's constitutional duty in regards to DACA? He did not have the constitutional right to write an EO establishing DACA. Will you vilify him for doing so? Basically, if you can not admit that Obama stepped WAAAAAAY out of bounds when he did that, you have no moral high ground.

Yet another challenger who cannot answer a yes/no question, but wishes instead to deflect to Obama under the mistaken assumption that I am a Democrat.

I've already answered that when ketsuko tried to deflect. Read the thread. So many are not doing that.

Then answer the question:
"Is it okay for the President of the United States of America to disobey his or her Constitutional duty?"
Yes or No

Yes and by your logic Obama should have been impeached for failure to do so.

Perhaps so, but it's a bit late for that.

Answer the question. Yes or No.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

OK, first explain who we are sanctioning and why?

Remember these are 13 Russian citizens and not the Russian government as a whole according to the indictments.

So, are you in favor of sanctioning an entire country for what some of its citizens did on social media?

I indulged your question and you wish to further evade the simple question I've asked instead in hopes of getting away from the answer which is already given by the Constitution of the United States of America.

No more deflections.

"Yes" or "No."

What was Obama's constitutional duty in regards to DACA? He did not have the constitutional right to write an EO establishing DACA. Will you vilify him for doing so? Basically, if you can not admit that Obama stepped WAAAAAAY out of bounds when he did that, you have no moral high ground.

Yet another challenger who cannot answer a yes/no question, but wishes instead to deflect to Obama under the mistaken assumption that I am a Democrat.

I've already answered that when ketsuko tried to deflect. Read the thread. So many are not doing that.

Then answer the question:
Yes or No

Yes and by your logic Obama should have been impeached for failure to do so.

Perhaps so, but it's a bit late for that.

Answer the question. Yes or No.

I already answered several posts back. Go read it. In fact you just quoted me answering your question.
edit on 16-2-2018 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Chalk me up as another. What's this Constitutional duty he's supposed to perform? Kowtow to the "loyal" opposition, and slap sanctions on a country that hasn't been proven to have done anything wrong, only accused?

So, what's the duty, again?

It's been repeated in the thread three times now.

Simply put, the Constitution requires that the President faithfully execute laws. You know - the 'Execut'-ive branch.

President Trump is refusing to execute the law that puts sanctions on Russia, in violation of his duty under the Constitution.

Obama failed to execute laws when he disagreed with them and even wrote an unconstitutional EO in order to attempt to refuse to execute those laws. DACA was an unconstitutional attempt to refuse to execute the law of the land in regards to deporting noncitizens. I guess you really were up in arms when he did that. No?

Yes, I was, though perhaps I didn't post much about that here.

Please answer the simple question, now that your deflection is moot.

I already did. Presidents have done so in the past and for good reason.

I have not seen a "yes" or a "no" answer to the question, only 'someone else did it.'

So your answer is - what - that the Constitution of the United States of America is wrong?
edit on 20Fri, 16 Feb 2018 20:58:29 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The hatred for Trump is so thick that rational debate and reason could not apply here.

Irrationality is going to be on the menu for quite some time.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Chalk me up as another. What's this Constitutional duty he's supposed to perform? Kowtow to the "loyal" opposition, and slap sanctions on a country that hasn't been proven to have done anything wrong, only accused?

Simply put, the Constitution requires that the President faithfully execute laws. You know - the 'Execut'-ive branch.

President Trump is refusing to execute the law that puts sanctions on Russia, in violation of his duty under the Constitution.

Obama failed to execute laws when he disagreed with them and even wrote an unconstitutional EO in order to attempt to refuse to execute those laws. DACA was an unconstitutional attempt to refuse to execute the law of the land in regards to deporting noncitizens. I guess you really were up in arms when he did that. No?

So your answer is that the Constitution of the United States of America is wrong?

Was Theodore Roosevelt wrong when he went beyond his constitutional rights?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I wonder if he still believes this -

“Every time he sees me he says, ‘I didn’t do that,’ and I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it,” Mr. Trump said of Mr. Putin. “I think he is very insulted by it, which is not a good thing for our country.”

is he still worried about insulting putin? this is his moment to be strong, but i'm not holding my breath..

the russians were spending a million dollars a month! the russian people should be pisssssssed.

trump supporters what do you believe the appropriate action should be?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The hatred for Trump is so thick that rational debate and reason could not apply here.

Says the member who called me names instead of you know, rationally debate.

It's a simple question:

Not "maybe," nor "someone else did it." Two options. Pick one: Yes or No.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

So your answer is that the Constitution of the United States of America is wrong?

Assuming he went beyond his constitutional rights, then yes he was.

The United States of America is a nation of laws, not feelings.
edit on 21Fri, 16 Feb 2018 21:02:00 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I place the blame squarely on your avatars shoulder.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
trump supporters what do you believe the appropriate action should be?

Since we've messed with their elections, probably a lot of harsh language, some back-channel bs'ing, and then a whole lot of nothing.

This is conflated into a "constitutional crisis" by the media and pundits alike.

This goes on every election and has since Moses messed with the king of Egypt. We mess with their elections, they mess with ours.

If this is the first time you're hearing about this, then I'm sorry.

But it's been going on since politics and tribes were created.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I guess the leftists in this thread are indeed insisting that we nuke Russia.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Assuming he went beyond his constitutional rights, then yes he was.

The United States of America is a nation of laws, not feelings.

www.let.rug.nl...

Often in his seven years in office, Roosevelt interpreted his executive duties broadly, to say the least. Many conservatives worried about Roosevelt overextending his powers, and, on at least a few occasions, he was guilty thereof. Yet TR did not wish to abuse his office, though he might have. The decisive and benevolent--if possibly unconstitutional--actions that Theodore Roosevelt took benefitted America by making it a more equal and progressive place.

T R was a trustbusting progressive Republican. Was he right to do what he did?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

are you telling me we meddled to the same degree in russia, and putin did nothing??

really?

you got a link?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Where he overreached, he violated his duty to the Constitution.

You did not answer my question with a "yes" or a "no" but a deflective "other people did it." I've answered repeatedly your deflective questions.

NOTE: I overlooked the answer to this, Khaleesi did answer this "yes"-v
Answer my question:
Yes or No.
NOTE: I overlooked the answer to this, Khaleesi did answer this "yes"-^
edit on 21Fri, 16 Feb 2018 21:22:48 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

the russians were spending a million dollars a month! the russian people should be pisssssssed.

That's nothing, Putin & his criminal cohorts have raped Russia to the tune of billions, whats a few million more.

K~

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Who are the leftists in this thread?

All I see are people afraid to answer a simple YES or NO question. Like you.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

and, we have it!

just what every liberal wants nukes. did you feel like a puss when you typed that?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Khaleesi

Where he overreached, he violated his duty to the Constitution.

You did not answer my question with a "yes" or a "no" but a deflective "other people did it." I've answered repeatedly your deflective questions.

Answer my question:
Yes or No.

Oh FFS I already answered yes and you even quoted me answering yes. Can you not read? YES there are times when, in the best interest of the country a president must look at what is right vs wrong, not what the law is.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

If Obama and his people weren't so determined to find "dirt" on Trump, they could have spotted the Russian hackers. Their deeds were committed on HIS watch.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join