It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Republicans Sanction Russia or Prove Their Treason with Inaction

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Greven

DACA.

I hope that everyone is watching this thread to see how evasive so-called patriots are in answering a simple yes/no question, one for which the answer is given in the founding documents of our country.

You are evasive because if you were to agree with the Constitution, then you would have to agree that the current President is disobeying his duty under it.

You care more about party than country, yet are too ashamed to unequivocally say you do not agree with the Constitution.

Yeah right. How about you give us the official explanation, explain why it’s a bad idea, instead of parroting opposing party talking points.

A new challenger appears.

One who thinks the Constitution of the United States of America is "opposing party talking points."

One who fails to understand that I am a Republican as well.

I repeat the simple question:
"Is it okay for the President of the United States of America to disobey his or her Constitutional duty?"
Yes or No

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

OK, first explain who we are sanctioning and why?

Remember these are 13 Russian citizens and not the Russian government as a whole according to the indictments.

So, are you in favor of sanctioning an entire country for what some of its citizens did on social media?

I indulged your question and you wish to further evade the simple question I've asked instead in hopes of getting away from the answer which is already given by the Constitution of the United States of America.

No more deflections.

"Is it okay for the President of the United States of America to disobey his or her Constitutional duty?"
"Yes" or "No."

What Constitutional duty?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

DACA.

I hope that everyone is watching this thread to see how evasive so-called patriots are in answering a simple yes/no question, one for which the answer is given in the founding documents of our country.

You are evasive because if you were to agree with the Constitution, then you would have to agree that the current President is disobeying his duty under it.

You care more about party than country, yet are too ashamed to unequivocally say you do not agree with the Constitution.

your assessment is askew
no one is neing evasive
you just dislike the answer
daca is the most relevant answer to your question

The question is a "yes" or "no" question. It is not a Mad Libs. That so many are so evasive about answering it is telling.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Remember these are 13 Russian citizens and not the Russian government as a whole according to the indictments.

So, are you in favor of sanctioning an entire country for what some of its citizens did on social media?

I indulged your question and you wish to further evade the simple question I've asked instead in hopes of getting away from the answer which is already given by the Constitution of the United States of America.

No more deflections.

"Yes" or "No."

What Constitutional duty?

I've repeated it twice in this thread, and you've posted since then. Perhaps read the thread rather than #post.

Article II Section 3 of the Constitution of the United States of America explicitly says of the President:

He shall from time to time give to the Congress information of the state of the union, and recommend to their consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in case of disagreement between them, with respect to the time of adjournment, he may adjourn them to such time as he shall think proper; he shall receive ambassadors and other public ministers; he shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed, and shall commission all the officers of the United States.

Now, answer the question - YES or NO.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Chalk me up as another. What's this Constitutional duty he's supposed to perform? Kowtow to the "loyal" opposition, and slap sanctions on a country that hasn't been proven to have done anything wrong, only accused?

So, what's the duty, again?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

No more deflections.

"Yes" or "No."

What was Obama's constitutional duty in regards to DACA? He did not have the constitutional right to write an EO establishing DACA. Will you vilify him for doing so? Basically, if you can not admit that Obama stepped WAAAAAAY out of bounds when he did that, you have no moral high ground.

(post by DBCowboy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Chalk me up as another. What's this Constitutional duty he's supposed to perform? Kowtow to the "loyal" opposition, and slap sanctions on a country that hasn't been proven to have done anything wrong, only accused?

It's been repeated in the thread three times now.

Simply put, the Constitution requires that the President faithfully execute laws. You know - the 'Execut'-ive branch.

President Trump is refusing to execute the law that puts sanctions on Russia, in violation of his duty under the Constitution.

(post by DBCowboy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

No more deflections.

"Yes" or "No."

What was Obama's constitutional duty in regards to DACA? He did not have the constitutional right to write an EO establishing DACA. Will you vilify him for doing so? Basically, if you can not admit that Obama stepped WAAAAAAY out of bounds when he did that, you have no moral high ground.

Yet another challenger who cannot answer a yes/no question, but wishes instead to deflect to Obama under the mistaken assumption that I am a Democrat.

I've already answered that when ketsuko tried to deflect. Read the thread. So many are not doing that.

Then answer the question:
Yes or No

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Simply put, the Constitution requires that the President faithfully execute laws. You know - the 'Execut'-ive branch.

President Trump is refusing to execute the law that puts sanctions on Russia, in violation of his duty under the Constitution.

Obama failed to execute laws when he disagreed with them and even wrote an unconstitutional EO in order to attempt to refuse to execute those laws. DACA was an unconstitutional attempt to refuse to execute the law of the land in regards to deporting noncitizens. I guess you really were up in arms when he did that. No?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

So should he faithfully execute the laws as pertains to marijuana? How about sanctuary cities who defy the law? Should he be cracking down on them too?

Or are you just mad that you don't see him making a bigger public deal out of sanctioning a country that hasn't been proven to have done anything yet?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

DACA.

Yeah right. How about you give us the official explanation, explain why it’s a bad idea, instead of parroting opposing party talking points.

One who thinks the Constitution of the United States of America is "opposing party talking points."

Yes or No

I don’t care what you are, frankly. Nor do I want to answer your loaded question.

You’re advocating putting sanctions on a country as a punishment without a crime. That doesn’t quite fit in the consititution either. Not one of you have refuted the president’s arguments.

Give it a shot.

Stateme nt by pres Trump

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

No more deflections.

"Yes" or "No."

Yet another challenger who cannot answer a yes/no question, but wishes instead to deflect to Obama under the mistaken assumption that I am a Democrat.

I've already answered that when ketsuko tried to deflect. Read the thread. So many are not doing that.

Then answer the question:
Yes or No

Yes and by your logic Obama should have been impeached for failure to do so.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Obama failed to execute laws when he disagreed with them and even wrote an unconstitutional EO in order to attempt to refuse to execute those laws. DACA was an unconstitutional attempt to refuse to execute the law of the land in regards to deporting noncitizens. I guess you really were up in arms when he did that. No?

Yes, I was, though perhaps I didn't post much about that here.

Please answer the simple question, now that your deflection is moot.
edit on 20Fri, 16 Feb 2018 20:45:34 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Yes, I was, though perhaps I didn't post much about that here.

Please answer the simple question, now that your deflection is moot.

I already did. Presidents have done so in the past and for good reason.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Russia the country as Jrs e-mail was more than happy to tell us..

Good morning Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting. The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father. This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin. What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly? I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first. Best Rob Goldstone

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

So should he faithfully execute the laws as pertains to marijuana? How about sanctuary cities who defy the law? Should he be cracking down on them too?

Or are you just mad that you don't see him making a bigger public deal out of sanctioning a country that hasn't been proven to have done anything yet?

Yes, the President should faithfully execute laws. This is what the Constitution says. This is what I agree with, because the Constitution is the supreme law of the land - and ours is a nation of laws.

Stop deflecting. I have indulged you more than once.

It baffles me that not one person will answer the Yes or No question.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Yes, the President should faithfully execute laws. This is what the Constitution says. This is what I agree with, because the Constitution is the supreme law of the land - and ours is a nation of laws.

Stop deflecting. I have indulged you more than once.

It baffles me that not one person will answer the Yes or No question.

Not one person? I have answered your question.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

DACA.

Yes or No

I don’t care what you are, frankly. Nor do I want to answer your loaded question.

You’re advocating putting sanctions on a country as a punishment without a crime. That doesn’t quite fit in the consititution either. Not one of you have refuted the president’s arguments.

Give it a shot.

Stateme nt by pres Trump

It's not a loaded question, and you explicitly accused me "instead of parroting opposing party talking points" - so clearly you did care then.

It's actually answered in the Constitution of the United States and quite frankly, anyone who is waffling over what the Constitution explicitly says the President must do is not someone I can consider a true American.

I'm advocating the President follow his duty. He doesn't get to decide what laws he follows. He executes the laws.

The President signed the law containing the sanctions into our code. Therefore, it is the law of the land, and he must execute it per his duty in the Constitution.
edit on 20Fri, 16 Feb 2018 20:55:40 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by Greven because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join