It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 people indicted by Robert Mueller's probe of election meddling to support Donald Trump

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: howtonhawky

Sheep shepard smith on fox is reporting that the extent of the influence was the creation of hundreds of bots.

Shepard Smith is an idiot.

+1

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

The electoral college is a dead giveaway we aren't a democracy.

Which those people that are whining bout bots are clearly ignoring.
edit on 16-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: aethertek

Glad to see you finally admit to trying to destroy Americas democracy.
Good for everyone to see you true stated aims, where I come from that's called treason or espionage depending on your local & national identity.

Nah, only delusional leftists ever thought this nation was a democracy.

Read up on it. We're a Constitutional Republic. Democracy is the embodiment of mob rule, therefore tyranny, therefore evil and wrong.

Trying to subvert our Constitution to install your mob-rule democracy, now THAT is treason dear.

Democracy means Rule by the People. A constitutional republic is a democracy. You are confusing 'direct democracy' with 'democracy'.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

No, I'm saying it because of this:

The indictment charges that some of the Russian suspects interacted with Americans associated with the Trump campaign, but those associates did not realize they were being manipulated.

Fact is, they DID mention team Trump (includes Trump) in the context stated above.

Nice try though. Game over! We won. We keep our POTUS, And you get your Russian indictments that will likely never stand trial since Russia won't extradite here (hence Snowden, etc)

edit on 2/16/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

He won't be presenting any such evidence, not after making the specific statement that Team Trump weren't knowingly involved in any conspiracy. Prosecuting for conspiracy is impossible once the government admits the party in question had zero knowledge of any conspiracy - that is a required element of a conspiracy charge......

That is as close as you'll get to a prosecutor/investigator "clearing" someone of charges.

They NEVER (ok..rarely) come out and say "well, he's been cleared"

They ALWAYS (ok..usually) come out with something like that above^

I would know.

This is patently wrong.

How do 'you know'? Please provide your bona-fides.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Well cry me a river.

In a democracy, the people voting together can "do anything"

In a Constitutionally constrained Republic, the people voting together can "do anything within the scope permitted by said supreme Constitution"

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

No, I'm saying it because of this:

The indictment charges that some of the Russian suspects interacted with Americans associated with the Trump campaign, but those associates did not realize they were being manipulated.

Fact is, they DID mention team Trump (includes Trump) in the context stated above.

Nice try though. Game over! We won. We keep our POTUS, And you get your Russian indictments that will likely never stand trial since Russia won't extradite here (hence Snowden, etc)

Surely you know that shouting into the void (that is ATS) "I'm right and you're wrong na na na na boo boo, stick your head in doo doo" doesn't actually make things happen or true right? Its also a non-argument.

link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Maybe read the ten page indictment.

link   

Well cry me a river.

In a democracy, the people voting together can "do anything"

In a Constitutionally constrained Republic, the people voting together can "do anything within the scope permitted by said supreme Constitution"

I'm not crying dude, just elucidating your lack of understanding of what you're talking about.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Glad to see you finally admit to trying to destroy Americas democracy.
Good for everyone to see you true stated aims, where I come from that's called treason or espionage depending on your local & national identity.

Nah, only delusional leftists ever thought this nation was a democracy.

Read up on it. We're a Constitutional Republic. Democracy is the embodiment of mob rule, therefore tyranny, therefore evil and wrong.

Trying to subvert our Constitution to install your mob-rule democracy, now THAT is treason dear.

Democracy means Rule by the People. A constitutional republic is a democracy. You are confusing 'direct democracy' with 'democracy'.

That's far too nuanced, they are incapable of self reflection, subtlety, nuance & extrapolation.
Good call with the either / or, simple binary is about all they can reason.

K~

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

It is not patently wrong.

Investigators rarely admit someone is even under investigation, and when they do they rarely make any statement clearing them of all charges (if not just to leave future prosecution open, and sometimes just to save face/for political reasons)

A core element of a conspiracy to xxxxx charge is knowledge of the conspiracy and then taking some overt act to further the conspiracy

The indictment makes the concession/admission that team Trump did not know anything about the conspiracy, therefore cannot be charged with any such conspiracy (or activity arising from it). How could they? They can't.

And, No. But thanks.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

He left a position in a prestigious law firm to take this case. I'm pretty sure he took a pay cut. Kind of like giving up a cash elephant for a cash cow.

You're funny. I'm so sure he got these names of Russian individuals by sitting on his ass collecting a welfare check.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

At least I don't wander around with my head up my ### thinking this country is a democracy.

That's laughable. It's never been a democracy. God willing, it never will be either.

Popular vote doesn't even elect the President, nor should it. People can vote for anything they want, provided it is permissible by the Constitution.
edit on 2/16/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Sigh

Most notable example of a constitutional republic: The United States of America. A constitutional republic is a state where the head of state and other officials are elected as representatives of the people, and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over citizens.

www.answers.com...=1

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

1st...it's badda Bing badda boom.
2nd...this really indicates he's in this deep and it's so very far from over.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is choice....

www.bloomberg.com...

In an indictment announced Friday in Washington, Mueller describes a years-long, multimillion-dollar conspiracy by hundreds of Russians aimed at criticizing Hillary Clinton and supporting SenatorBernie Sanders and Trump. Mueller charged 13 Russian nationals and three Russian entities and accused them of defrauding the U.S. government by interfering with the political process.

Are they kidding??? We all know what she did to steal that election from him!!!!

There is also a guy from CA called Richard Pinedo who supposedly set up the accounts.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Yes. Because if he had it we would already have seen it. You really think if there was anything credible it would NOT have been brought out already. The US government knew Russia was meddling while Obama was in office and he sanctioned them. If they had REAL dirt on Trump it would be out.

No pipe dream. Mueller will not indict Trump. If he does I'll send you 20 bucks via Russian pay pal....

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

It's not over til it's over, but yeah...It looks like it's just about over.

As big and well funded as this organization was, its likely this was the center point of the Russian operation to influence the election and that this particular stage of the investigation is all but over. If, as stated, no Americans were knowingly involved in this, it quite likely means that Trump and his campaign are in the clear on that front.

Again, It's not over until the investigation officially concludes, but this is a big hit to collusion narrative.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Care to explain that one?

2nd...this really indicates he's in this deep and it's so very far from over.

So destroying any chance at prosecuting a conspiracy charge (the basis of their allegations) is Mueller's super secret strategy? Thank god he wasn't a prosecutor when the mob was a "big deal" then...lots of them guys would've walked.

If his strategy is to provide reasonable doubt to the defense, then he's doing an excellent job.

In reality, as I've already pointed out, the language about team Trump on the indictment is unusual and very telling, to those of us who actually have a clue about the judicial system.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The law is completely fair. When there's no crime they don't come after you.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join