It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller Indictments for 13 Russian Nationals in US Election Meddling

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It's funny how for months certain members of this site have insisted that Mueller's investigation has produced thousands of sealed indictments that will primarily take down the Democrats.

Now we have indictments against Russians for meddling in the election and suddenly indictments don't actually mean anything.

ATS should really just change their name to CognitiveDissonance.com.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: wakeupstupid

Yes, it proves that the Russian narrative was a nothing burger, as van Jones said all those months ago! Good analysis.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
They mentioned that Trump's team members unwittingly talked to them likely to show the scope that they could have had influence on some people, and it would appear this was the most successful one. This specific indictment is one of those things that I dont even think should be a political fight. His team exposed a foreign agency that worked to mess with the American system. He didnt call out Trump or Clinton or anyone as being guilty or complicit with them.

(Also im aware of what we do and that other countries may have also tried similar things and not giving a pass o that either)

Though this is not all that Mueller has, this is just one round of indictments out of possibly many, and likely somewhere around the bottom of the barrel of what he has. They may start coming out at an increased speed now as they are possibly starting to go through the grand jury now.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Wayfarer

Mind sharing?

It doesn't implicate any nefarious activity by domestic actors, and what the "Russians" allegedly engaged in is routine campaigning in the United States.

Oh I see what you're getting at.

I meant more in the vein of the fact that its conclusive that Russian election meddling occurred, versus the talking point for the last year being, "Libs have no proof Russia did anything!"

Now that Mueller has shown he's got the proof, the question that (I imagine) is percolating in other players heads right now is, 'what else does Mueller know that he's not letting on', and 'perhaps I'm not as anonymous/safe in whatever potential malfeasance I may have been a part of'.
edit on 07pm18fpmFri, 16 Feb 2018 13:06:44 -0600America/ChicagoFri, 16 Feb 2018 13:06:44 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Well technically, the thousands of sealed indictments are still out of there, so not cognitive dissonance... Yet.

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
It's funny how for months certain members of this site have insisted that Mueller's investigation has produced thousands of sealed indictments that will primarily take down the Democrats.

Now we have indictments against Russians for meddling in the election and suddenly indictments don't actually mean anything.

We have indictments that literally have nothing to do with Trump or Hillary... some of us can read.

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Posting nonsense on social media is the absolute least someone can do to influence an election.

Is that in your expert opinion? The fact that the Russians did it implies that at the very least, *they* believed it would have an effect.

You're also focusing on social media posting specifically while ignoring other of their activities. Which begs the question, you're commenting very matter of factly but have you read the indictment?

Defendants made various expenditures to carry out those activities, including buying political advertisements on social media in the names of U.S. persons and entities. Defendants also staged political rallies inside the United States, and while posing as U.S. grassroots entities and U.S. persons, and without revealing their Russian identities and ORGANIZATION affiliation, solicited and compensated real U.S. persons to promote or disparage candidates. Some Defendants, posing as U.S. persons and without revealing their Russian association, communicated with unwitting individuals associated with the Trump Campaign and with other political activists to seek to coordinate political activities.

That paragraph doesn't even mention bots/or trolls farms. Are buying ads, paying real-life American influencers (both tried and true marketing strategies), organizing rallies and coordinating other political activities "posting nonsense on social media?"

link   

i remember the anti trump rallies at the time but did not realize there was pro trump rallies outside of trumps official rallies.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Why are Trumptards so triggered by this piece of news?
I don't get it.
They haven't indicted anyone from prez Camachos staff.... yet.
Why all the fuss?
Who cares right? Russian meddling.. Fake news.. Bla bla bla

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: wakeupstupid

Yes, it proves that the Russian narrative was a nothing burger, as van Jones said all those months ago! Good analysis.

Absolutely correct.

They got a whole lot of NOTHING.

"There is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity," Rosenstein said, adding there "there is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election."

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Mind sharing?

It doesn't implicate any nefarious activity by domestic actors, and what the "Russians" allegedly engaged in is routine campaigning in the United States.

I meant more in the vein of the fact that its conclusive that Russian election meddling occurring, versus the talking point for the last year being, "Libs have no proof Russia did anything!"

Now that Mueller has shown he's got the proof, the question that (I imagine) is percolating in other players heads right now is, 'what else does Mueller know that he's not letting on', and 'perhaps I'm not as anonymous/safe in whatever potential malfeasance I may have been a part of'.

A) Russians /= Russia
B) There is still no proof that anyone in America was involved, on the contrary, Deputy AG addressed the nation specifically to say there was NOT.
C) No one would ever suggest that it was impossible. they only suggest anyone alleging Trump was a part of it is insane.

There you go buddy, hope that's easier to read than the years worth of stuff you skimmed for confirmation bias.
edit on 16-2-2018 by wakeupstupid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Well technically US indictments against people/companies who will never see an American courtroom really DON’T mean anything...so really no cognitive dissonance at all. What they really do is put a big dent in all of the the collusion theories...even Rosenberg stated all American players thoroughly thought they were dealing with Americans/American companies. Don’t think he would have went out of his way to say that if it wasn’t pertinent.

link   

I meant more in the vein of the fact that its conclusive that Russian election meddling occurring, versus the talking point for the last year being, "Libs have no proof Russia did anything!"

In my mind it's inconclusive. I'm not sure how posting on social media in favor of this or that candidate is considered meddling in an election, even if that was their intent. If that is the case then I am also guilty of meddling in the US election.

link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

You obviously didn't read. This exonerated the trump team. Trumptards aren't triggered.

link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Why does Cult 45 always ignore their fat elephant in the room,,,

Why did Putin work so hard to get trump elected?

K~

Same reason you ignore the Dems actually getting caught rigging their primaries. Same reason you ignore all the unethical actions of the Obama admin. Plus we constantly get accused of letting Russians choose who we voted for and are labeled by the left as deplorables, cult45, or whatever non-substance insult their tiny brains can muster up. It's called we don't care about your opinion anymore and are currently playing the same partisan politics game you are. Dig in deep because it isn't going to end anytime soon.

I hope the Trump admin uses all the same unethical means of trying to fix the election as the Hillary campaign in his run for 2020. Then investigate the democratic party for 2 years over nothing, just to watch the left get a dose of their own medicine. If the dems want to play games, then let's play some games.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Russian narrative is crumbling fast. DHS Statement On NBC News Coverage Of Election Hacking Oh this sucks.

Release Date:
February 12, 2018

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary

WASHINGTON - Today, Jeanette Manfra, National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD) Assistant Secretary for the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications, released the following statement regarding the recent NBC news coverage on the Department of Homeland Security’s efforts to combat election hacking.

“Recent NBC reporting has misrepresented facts and confused the public with regard to Department of Homeland Security and state and local government efforts to combat election hacking. First off, let me be clear: we have no evidence – old or new - that any votes in the 2016 elections were manipulated by Russian hackers. NBC News continues to falsely report my recent comments on attempted election hacking – which clearly mirror my testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee last summer – as some kind of “breaking news,” incorrectly claiming a shift in the administration’s position on cyber threats. As I said eight months ago, a number of states were the target of Russian government cyber actors seeking vulnerabilities and access to U.S. election infrastructure. In the majority of cases, only preparatory activity like scanning was observed, while in a small number of cases, actors were able to access the system but we have no evidence votes were changed or otherwise impacted.

"NBC’s irresponsible reporting, which is being roundly criticized elsewhere in the media and by security experts alike, undermines the ability of the Department of Homeland Security, our partners at the Election Assistance Commission, and state and local officials across the nation to do our incredibly important jobs. While we’ll continue our part to educate NBC and others on the threat, more importantly, the Department of Homeland Security and our state and local partners will continue our mission to secure the nation’s election systems.

link   

In my mind it's inconclusive. I'm not sure how posting on social media in favor of this or that candidate is considered meddling in an election, even if that was their intent. If that is the case then I am also guilty of meddling in the US election.

meddling - interfere in or busy oneself unduly with something that is not one's concern.

Exactly, what is "meddling" anyway in terms of criminality? Define "interfere" because to me, it is not facebook. Maybe reveal some gunplay, some broken fingers, threats, etc.. then call me.

link   
a reply to: neo96

It would appear the talking point de-jour, now that Mueller's shown Russian Election Meddling occurred, is that Trump and Co. are innocent since they were 'unwitting' participants.

..."Too stupid for Treason"....

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

So basically it boils down to they wanted to pit 2 sides against each other...yet so many people are posting as if this means the Russians were on Trumps side and wanted him specifically elected...and don't forget Trump and Putin are best buds yea...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: interupt42
Dude u crazy , haven't u seen the picture of putin shirtless riding a bear.

Made the bear look good

I have the Pooty Poot calendar.

So you're part of TWO secret societies? You overachiever you!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join