It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller Indictments for 13 Russian Nationals in US Election Meddling

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: RickyD

Russia knows all about the US meddling in elections as well. Imagine the world wide outcry if they release that info to the public.

Putin may issue indictments against Americans in Russia. As Trump said, America is "not so innocent".

That's what they call blow back, and it's not very pretty.
edit on 16-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Or start charging our agents in Russia right now and executing them...

Riiiiiiiiiiight. I give those odds at zero point zero.

And I'm being generous.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

Hey remember all those time the "right" complained about paid for trolls,turns out they were all for trump just like we said.

K~

Sigh, you're so pitiful at this. Its a known fact that trolls were pushing online prop for Hillary. You pretty much read what is already known but done from the Left.

A~~

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yes, they match up quite well in fact. I think what you're overlooking here is that the Mueller "investigation" is actually a handful of separate investigations. These indictments pertain specifically to the influence campaign (Project Lakhta) which included purchasing ads, social media bots, organizing rallies/protests, etc.

I wouldn't put it past the American justice system to go chasing twitter bots and facebook trolls. This is what this amounts to.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I will not say I know what they will do, but to act like they cant do anything is just plain silly.

Edit: its not as if we don't have interest all over the globe they can meddle in and ruin for us. Its also not like some third world country without proper Intel agencies to know what we are up to same as we do to them.
edit on 16-2-2018 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I will not say I know what they will do, but to act like they cant do anything is just plain silly.

I didn't say they can't do anything, I'm saying they wont do anything of consequence.

edit on 16-2-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Wayfarer

Yes, indeed they do. Russian influence/interference in the election fits all those criteria pretty well. Again, are you insinuating that what was just released is the 'meat and potatoes' of Mueller's investigation?

I'm not insinuating anything. I explicitly wrote what I meant.

Let's pretend we're adults for a moment. If the way to combat Russia's "interference" and "influence" in the election is to turn off Twitter, there isn't much of a case to begin with.

'This is what all the big fuss is about?' is the insinuating reference I was alluding to, though after reading it a second time I can see how you likely meant fuss to include only today's furor over the indictments.

That being said, it would be folly to assume that this is anything other than the 'least' Mueller has right now. Mueller is presenting his case sequentially in a deliberate manner. Now that he's shown he's got a bead on Russian interference, its likely to make other actors who haven't flipped yet think twice about keeping quite as they wonder what else Mueller's found.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So will we see indictments for CTR soon as well?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Still reading through this. Much to unwind.

But my immediate reaction is has anyone considered how this affects pro DACA and similar organizations? If these were US state registered LLCs with foreign national members, how would that be different?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

It's pretty much nothing. The worst thing they have allegedly done is stole identities in order to open Paypal accounts. Apparently some employees took a trip through the US in 2014. In terms of election meddling, they bought some ads and posted on social media. It is probably the least effective propaganda campaign in human history.

This is what all the big fuss is about?

Use some logic. If you were Mueller, would you drop your first shot across the bow with everything of value you've got, or would you start with the low hanging fruit?

Aggravated identity theft? Conspiracy to defraud the US? Conspiracy to commit wire fraud? Do any of these indictments match up to the story we've been fed ad nauseum over the last couple years?

No.

We would be hearing rigged voting machines and other things.

link   

Or start charging our agents in Russia right now and executing them...because Russia unlike America can play like that since their laws allow for much more nastiness than ours do. And that's the tip of things they can do. Are you really trying to say a country like Russia doesn't have the ability to punish us back? If it was somewhere like Zimbabwe you might have a point but come on man...

Let that scumbag Putin try, we'll take all his money since he & criminal cronies hide it in the west & Mueller has had forensic accountants tearing up the data finding it.

K~

link   

I guess we can come back in a few months and see who was right. If I was an agent acting on the behalf of the US I would be very worried if you were the one making leadership decisions with my life in the balance though.

link   
This is all over the media. All I've to say is......LOL!!!

They caught actual Russian bots. Good show Mueller....Good show.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Please real damaging info about Trump would have been leaked a year ago. They are pretty predictable in that regard. Well at least nobody has to be concerned about the NSA incident anymore. Am i the only one who can spot the patterns?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: aethertek

Why does Cult 45 always ignore their fat elephant in the room,,,

Why is Never Trump ignoring THEY BROKE the law?

That hate so deep they can't see straight?

Why are you still ignoring,,,

WHY DID PUTIN WORK SO HARD TO GET TRUMP ELECTED!!!

K~

link   

And this is exactly how powerful empires fall...underestimating their adversaries and over estimating their own strength.

link   

'This is what all the big fuss is about?' is the insinuating reference I was alluding to, though after reading it a second time I can see how you likely meant fuss to include only today's furor over the indictments.

That being said, it would be folly to assume that this is anything other than the 'least' Mueller has right now. Mueller is presenting his case sequentially in a deliberate manner. Now that he's shown he's got a bead on Russian interference, its likely to make other actors who haven't flipped yet think twice about keeping quite as they wonder what else Mueller's found.

I'd love to possess the power to know what Mueller's intentions are, but if this is meant to "make actors who haven't flipped yet think twice about keeping quiet", I would argue he is going about it all wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

putin didnt try to get trump elected..... the russians wanted to spread discord..

and its working

link   

originally posted by: loam
Still reading through this. Much to unwind.

But my immediate reaction is has anyone considered how this affects pro DACA and similar organizations? If these were US state registered LLCs with foreign national members, how would that be different?

It will be more than just that.
Lots of countries had ponies in this race, why are the russkies special?

link   
Since this is pretty much irrefutable evidence that Russia interfered in this past election, I'm curious if Trump will continue to flat out deny it.

That has to hurt his pride.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join