It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller Indictments for 13 Russian Nationals in US Election Meddling

page: 35
<< 32  33  34   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

edit on 2/23/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: doubletaps
a reply to: soberbacchus

My IP is in Canada. No lie. Check it out.

Yevgeniy Prigozhin? Are you familiar with the name?

A Chinese Canadian would feel free to be critical of a man who spent 9 years in prison for armed robbery, runs a mercenary army in Syria responsible for the deaths of thousands of civilians and has been indicted by the United States for Leading a Russian propaganda troll facility.

Do me a favor and post something objectively critical of Yevgeniy?

Or if you want something easier, give me three things that Vladimir Putin should be criticized for.

No one is perfect, right? No harm in you posting some honest objective criticism of Vladimir Putin? You are a Chinese Canadian after all.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

A Chinese Canadian would feel free to be critical of a man who spent 9 years in prison for armed robbery, runs a mercenary army in Syria responsible for the deaths of thousands of civilians and has been indicted by the United States for Leading a Russian propaganda troll facility.

Or if you want something easier, give me three things that Vladimir Putin should be criticized for.

No one is perfect, right? No harm in you posting some honest objective criticism of Vladimir Putin? You are a Chinese Canadian after all.

Like I said, we Chinese do not criticize people of other countries. Therefore, I will refrain from criticizing anyone I do not personally know, Russian or otherwise.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Like I said, we Chinese do not criticize people of other countries. Therefore, I will refrain from criticizing anyone I do not personally know, Russian or otherwise.

Odd, because you called the US reports of the conflict in Syria Fake? The FBI and Special Counsel indictments Fake/lies?

you seem comfortable being decisively critical of the US?

yet can't muster a single critical post of Vladimir Putin? Nothing? Bad Dresser? unattractive man? Poor public speaker?

Nothing?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Odd, because you called the US reports of the conflict in Syria Fake? The FBI and Special Counsel indictments Fake/lies?

you seem comfortable being decisively critical of the US?

yet can't muster a single critical post of Vladimir Putin? Nothing? Bad Dresser? unattractive man? Poor public speaker?

Nothing?

Syria means nothing to me. Russia means nothing to me. America means nothing to me. Putin means nothing to me. None of these are any of my concern.

I don't have any criticism of people I do not know. Putin or anyone else.
edit on 23-2-2018 by doubletaps because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: doubletaps

Not buying it.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
ATTENTION PLEASE -
The topic is not each other and discussion of Moderator actions are not allowed, which most of you know. The end result of going after another member for any reason can and often is being Posting Banned, so keep that in mind as you return to the topic of the thread.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

edit on 2/23/2018 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Being critical of the US isn't very hard

Except we hide behind the veneer of morality, making it just a tad harder than criticizing most. Really is a genius plot to "control perception" as opposed to simply not doing any activity that may lead to a poor perception...

The greatest irony that struck me was the serious number of US interference (in foreign countries) that is seemingly being overlooked. Shouldn't Victoria Nuland face some type of meddling indictment for her role in the Ukraine coup/selection of Ukraine's President (as we know from the intercepted telephone call between her and J. Pyatty)?

In any case, if "xx activity" is illegal then its illegal. Glad to see it being pursued by Mueller and anyone else for that matter. But it must be enforced equally and fairly, under any circumstance. When it comes to the law, what's good for the goose is *required* for the gander
edit on 2/23/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Being critical of the US isn't very hard

Not only is being critical of the US not very hard, I would argue it is a necessary requirement of a free democracy.

Except we hide behind the veneer of morality, making it just a tad harder than criticizing most.

I don't know of anyone in the US that "hides" behind a veneer. The US political discourse is one of the most vibrant and open in the world even if it leads to divisiveness. I would still take division over oppression any day.

We do set a moral standard. Nothing wrong with standards. Having expectations for our leaders and publicly holding them accountable through loud public discourse is also a hallmark of US democracy.

The greatest irony that struck me was the serious number of US interference (in foreign countries) that is seemingly being overlooked. Shouldn't Victoria Nuland face some type of meddling indictment for her role in the Ukraine coup/selection of Ukraine's President (as we know from the intercepted telephone call between her and J. Pyatty)?

I don't know? Perhaps? But that is a fallacious argument.

If you believe that the US meddled in other people's free elections and that it was wrong, then you should also condemn and be in favor of consequences for Russia's meddling.

We do not demand there never to have been a corrupt police officer in the United States before accept the arrest of a criminal somewhere as legitimate.

We don't excuse a bank robbers crime because 10 years ago some police officer in another town stole drugs from the property room?

That is a child's excuse.

Ukraine can investigate Victoria Nuland? Or Ukraine can conduct a thorough investigation into US interference in their elections? Have at it! They can present evidence and demand people be held accountable.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Not only is being critical of the US not very hard, I would argue it is a necessary requirement of a free democracy.

Seconded

I don't know of anyone in the US that "hides" behind a veneer. The US political discourse is one of the most vibrant and open in the world even if it leads to divisiveness. I would still take division over oppression any day.

We do set a moral standard. Nothing wrong with standards. Having expectations for our leaders and publicly holding them accountable through loud public discourse is also a hallmark of US democracy.

Not the people, anyways. Politicians do it 24/7. Regardless, holding them accountable with the highest expectations is absolutely the way to go. Agree 100%

If you believe that the US meddled in other people's free elections and that it was wrong, then you should also condemn and be in favor of consequences for Russia's meddling.

I'm not in favor of it. We should punish the responsible parties severely, if not just to send a message. But once again, it is hard to feel much over it since not only do we do it frequently, but its actually a very common practice. Punish the Russians all you want. I'm sure they deserve it, if not only for the collective BS they've pulled over the last half-century. I have no concern for them, and would love to see them reap the seeds they sowed. I just find it ironic that the same people pushing for confrontation with Russia want to cower when it comes to confronting North Korea (not saying you are one of those people!)

This happened during Obama's Presidency, why didn't he confront the Russians? Like North Korea and a host of other issues, this was also lumped into Trump's lap. And I believe and hope he'll deal with it. I'm not sure if you've seen, but he's been killing Russian soldiers in Syria all week. Not to mention the cruise missiles he launched on Syrian/Russian forces, as well as selling lethal arms to the Ukrainian government. He's been doing a lot to confront Russia. No foreign nation, including Russia, has any business getting involved with our electoral process or any domestic issue for that matter IMHO.

We do not demand there never to have been a corrupt police officer in the United States before accept the arrest of a criminal somewhere as legitimate.

We don't excuse a bank robbers crime because 10 years ago some police officer in another town stole drugs from the property room?

Who's excusing anything? I'm just demanding accountability. If we are to universally declare election meddling a crime, then it should be enforced equally. Those who meddled in Ukraine, Hati, Egypt, Libya and many other places need to answer for their crimes. Punish all the guilty parties, equally. "Crimes" don't hold more or less weight simply because they were committed by the United States or by another country.

^Speaking of which, a serious look needs to be taken at Bush-43 and company regarding their actions in the middle East. I'll just leave it at that, but starting with their think-tank's report prior to 9/11/01 and beyond needs to be looked into. Sorry, back On topic:

Either that, or we need to accept that nation-state governments are going to engage in conspiracies against our country. Disinformation campaigns. Seeding distrust and discord. And education is the only remedy for that my friend.

Ukraine can investigate Victoria Nuland? Or Ukraine can conduct a thorough investigation into US interference in their elections? Have at it! They can present evidence and demand people be held accountable.

I agree with you. I am unsure at your reaction, because you and I have essentially made both the same points and statements
I realize we're typically on opposite ends of the spectrum, but confronting Russia & foreign threats is one area you won't get much argument out of me with.
edit on 2/24/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34   >>

join