It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller Indictments for 13 Russian Nationals in US Election Meddling

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Breaking now:

California Man Pleads Guilty of Using Stolen Identities to Set Up and Sell Bank Accounts in Russia Probe

(WASHINGTON) — A California man has pleaded guilty to unwittingly selling bank accounts to Russians meddling in the US elections.

Richard Pinedo of Santa Paula pleaded guilty earlier this month to using stolen identities to set up bank accounts that were then used by the Russians. A Justice Department spokeswoman says Pinedo did not know at the time he was dealing with Russians.

The plea deal is the third in special counsel Robert Mueller’s continuing Russia probe. It was revealed the same day prosecutors charged 13 Russians and three Russian companies with an extensive scheme to meddle in the U.S. elections.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Just going to leave this here as this is the new bogeyman.
www.cnn.com...

Russia-linked bots are promoting pro-gun messages on Twitter in an attempt to sow discord in the aftermath of the Florida school shooting, monitoring groups say.

Anything the left does not agree with is now "russia-linked bots"

Many of us on the Left are pro-2nd and defend our rights as much as you or anyone else. We are not going to lose that right.

So it begs to question whether something such as this serves to push a narrative about gun control to the Left, or if it serves to push a narrative of the Left being for gun control to the Right.

If we follow the pattern, it appears the latter would be more likely.

Thanks for reminding many of us (certainly me) that Left can mean pro 2nd. I’m guilty of over-categorizing left and right. I’m trying to change.

It is a popular idea that the Left, in general, wants gun control. But that is incorrect. There are many Leftists that do, but there are also many of us on the Left that would not tolerate such a thing.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: UKTruth
Rosenstein :

“no allegation in this indictment that any American had any knowledge.”

I can feel the hope dying away from those poor leftists that have been hanging on for dear life to the collusion fake news.

Personally my hope is for the truth to come out and justice served.

As far as you hoping this is a conclusion rather than a thread, this brings the indictment count to 17? Four in the Trump Campaign and 13 Russians?

I suspect if Mueller was wrapping up, he would have said the same.

Patience!

Oh don't worry, I have plenty of patience... positively looking forward to the day when leftists hope is finally crushed. Nonetheless, its been a wonderful journey towards that day and I am enjoying their desperation

edit on 16/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

a reply to: UKTruth

One thing is for certain, the Russian meddling into the Bernie campaign couldn’t help him overcome the meddling of the Clinton campaign.

Was it meant to? Sometimes you appear intelligent, until you don't.

According to the indictment, which you claim to have read.

Their goal was to help Bernie Sanders get elected?
It was to divide the left and erode support for Hillary Clinton.

edit on 16-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The Russians also used Paypal to pay for their ads.

Russian operatives using social media to manipulate the U.S. election bought their Facebook ads in a sophisticated manner: stealing the identities of Americans and opening accounts at PayPal Holdings Inc.

www.bloomberg.com...

Paypal's not happy about it needless to say.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

It would be logical to assume that the russian trolling farms would be completely operated by russians and not directly linked to any US nationals. Unbiased to create discord
And the other possible russian angle would involve the sphere of influence of Trump and his business dealings in Russia. Maybe he tried to make some deals under the table, maybe he got dealt a bad deal under the table, who knows. Biased to create, im guessing, money?

link   

Or perhaps it's nothing more than being lazy and trying to justify your partisan position through conspiracy.

Your're funny. You cannot be helped if you don't see the obvious corruption.

Were you here with your same faux outrage when BHO was meddling in the Israel elections? I doubt it.

link   

Rosenstein :

“no allegation in this indictment that any American had any knowledge.”

I can feel the hope dying away from those poor leftists that have been hanging on for dear life to the collusion fake news.

Personally my hope is for the truth to come out and justice served.

As far as you hoping this is a conclusion rather than a thread, this brings the indictment count to 17? Four in the Trump Campaign and 13 Russians?

I suspect if Mueller was wrapping up, he would have said the same.

Patience!

Oh don't worry, I have plenty of patience... positively looking forward to the day when leftists hope is finally crushed. Nonetheless, as that day arrives, I can enjoy their desperation

The sad idea that your joy resides in other's desperation aside, objectively desperation is usually accompanied by lies and false narratives. It would seem the right that is being continually pummeled with the truth and the left that patiently explains that truth to them.

Trump and his supporters never ending desperate claims that the Russians didn't interfere in the elections being a prime example of a central "desperate" narrative that Mueller thoroughly destroyed this afternoon.

More to come, no doubt.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Now there is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity," Rosenstein said. "There is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election.

Still waiting on evidence of collusion.

Not going to choke down that deluxe nothing burger just yet aethertek.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Trump:“I got to know so many of the Russian leaders and the top, top people in Russia,”

Trump:“I do have a relationship, and I can tell you that he’s very interested in what we’re doing here today. He’s probably very interested in what you and I are saying today, and I’m sure he’s going to be seeing it in some form. But I do have a relationship with him.” regarding beauty pageant.
edit on 16-2-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

If they did what else would they've to talk about?

They have no platform to speak of.

Running around saying Russia,NRA, and guns are bad won't win them the midterms.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I guess the Mueller investigation is over since today's announcement said no Americans were purposefully involved in the Russian meddling.
This was a Trump collusion probe right? Mueller just admitted there was no collusion so witch hunt over!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
Trump:“I got to know so many of the Russian leaders and the top, top people in Russia,”

Trump:“I do have a relationship, and I can tell you that he’s very interested in what we’re doing here today. He’s probably very interested in what you and I are saying today, and I’m sure he’s going to be seeing it in some form. But I do have a relationship with him.”

Yeah, he said that. Now can you point me towards the part in this indictment that says he colluded with Russia/Russian agents to alter the course of the election in order to win?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhatTheory
I guess the Mueller investigation is over since today's announcement said no Americans were purposefully involved in the Russian meddling.
This was a Trump collusion probe right? Mueller just admitted there was no collusion so witch hunt over!

You'd be correct. However, this probe has gone beyond its scope so no chance of that happening.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Investigation: Trump colluded with Vladimir Putin to steal the election from the rightful heir, Hillary Clinton.
Cost: lots and lots of taxpayer dollars - lots.
Findings: Russians expressed opinions on social media about 2016 US election and Hillary Clinton.

Clearly, there needs to be another investigation and another special council to investigate Mueller for being compromised by team-Trump, because no-one from team-Trump is going to jail, as has been the highly anticipated net result of Muellers dog & pony show.

"The burger, it doth protest too much"

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

One thing is for certain, the Russian meddling into the Bernie campaign couldn’t help him overcome the meddling of the Clinton campaign.

Was it meant to? Sometimes you appear intelligent, until you don't.

According to the indictment, which you claim to have read.

Their goal was to help Bernie Sanders get elected?
It was to divide the left and erode support for Hillary Clinton.

Where are you getting your conclusions?

"They engaged in operations primarily intended to communicate derogatory information about Hillary Clinton, to denigrate other candidates such as Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, and to support Bernie Sanders and then-candidate Donald Trump. "

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Or perhaps it's nothing more than being lazy and trying to justify your partisan position through conspiracy.

Were you here with your same faux outrage when BHO was meddling in the Israel elections? I doubt it.

Did BHO help Netanyahu get elected again? That would be criminal.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Nope. It said that "This Indictment" does not claim "Americans were purposefully involved". They were just too dumb to realize they were working with Russians.

Folks like Trumps former campaign manager though? Pretty sure Manafort knew how to spot and work with Russian agents properly. Will be an interesting few months ahead.

edit on 16-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WhatTheory

So you are taking the lazy way out and you can't prove it.

Ok. At least we know for certain now.

I was ticked that we spent that money, yes, but I have not shown any "faux" outrage over this issue. In fact, I haven't shown any signs of outrage whatsoever.

Are you being lazy again and just making things up as you go along?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Richard Painter, former ethics attorney for the GW Bush administration, tweeted this today.

Richard W. Painter‏ @RWPUSA · 1h1 hour ago

Today’s indictments are about the social media side of the Russian subversion. We have yet to hear from Mueller about the computer hacking. One thing is clear: Anyone who says the Russia investigation is a hoax is a fool and has no business holding federal office.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join