It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller Indictments for 13 Russian Nationals in US Election Meddling

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So, basically, because I spoke badly about Hillary Clinton, I also interfered in the US elections?

Am I going to jail?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

Hey remember all those time the "right" complained about paid for trolls,turns out they were all for trump just like we said.

K~

How do you say "Correct the Record" i n Russian?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

ignoring Obama and yates regarding Flynn.
firing comey
wanting to fire session and Mueller
believing putin over our intelligence agencies
not using the sanction against Russia
leaking crap to the russians
helping donnie jr craft a false narrative after the "adoption" meeting
hiring manafort
hiring page
the MULITPLE meetings between people from his campaign staff and Russians, which were all omitted on security clearances. that many meetings is NOT normal.

to name a few..

edit on 16-2-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So we spent all this money because some Russians had a few fake accounts on Facebook & Twitter. They ran some ads and organized a couple rallies for & against Trump on the same day. They did the same with HRC.

Wow, what a big nothingburger. Enough already with the Russians.

I'm sure lots of people have fake Facebook & Twitter accounts along with strong political leanings.
This whole thing is a crock!!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Cant wait for our new shiny internet firewall to protect our elections.

Ironic how the left may want a wall all of their own.

Lol

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Hey remember all those time the "right" complained about paid for trolls,turns out they were all for trump just like we said.

K~

How do you say "Correct the Record" i n Russian?

Исправить запись

K~

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhatTheory
So we spent all this money because some Russians had a few fake accounts on Facebook & Twitter. They ran some ads and organized a couple rallies for & against Trump on the same day. They did the same with HRC.

Wow, what a big nothingburger. Enough already with the Russians.

I'm sure lots of people have fake Facebook & Twitter accounts along with strong political leanings.
This whole thing is a crock!!

We spent all this money for a variety of legitimate reasons and it is resulting in not only indictments, but also guilty pleas from some involved.

We spent millions to investigate Hillary's emails and Benghazi...all for nothing.

Were we concerned about how much money was being spent then?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Lol

That's not the only irony.

They've got a Grand Canyon-sized case of xenophobia.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan
Coats: “There should be no doubt that Russia perceives that its past efforts have been successful and views the 2018 midterm U.S. elections as a potential target for Russian influence operations.”

He's right: the Russians have been wildly successful at getting us to tear each other's throats out. That's why all this never-Trump crap needs to stop: it plays right into their game.

No, Trump getting elected was playing into Putin's hand, why did Putin work so hard & risk the backlash to get trump elected.

K~

Why? Russia didn't care if it was Bernie or Trump. Russia was creating discord in America. They were seeking division and chaos. They did not have to do much...the seeds were already there. They just simply watered them and allowed them to grow.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: theantediluvian

It's worth repeating, they are not claiming the Russian activity made any difference in the election. Rosenstein specificially said, "There is no allegation in the indictment that the [Russians'] conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election."

How could the FBI allege such a thing? Nobody could reasonably hope to quantify the effects of this influence campaign. That's not the same thing as saying that there was no effect at all.

Rosenstein could also have said, "there's no allegation in the indictment that the [Russians'] conduct didn't alter the outcome of the 2016 election" and it would have equally true.

I'm not really interested in trying to argue either way (not least of which because it's a debate that's impossible for either side to win) but that statement is a pretty weak basis for dismissing the importance of burgeoning strategies for information warfare (and "information warfare" as it turns out is precisely how the Russians described it) exploiting inherent weaknesses of social media.

Your post is the most amusing I have read all day.
I'm not interested in arguing either way, I instead started a thread about it.
That is rich.

I thought his point was quite easy to understand. I myself am at a loss for how to conclusively prove that the interference had an impact (ergo why the FBI claimed they couldn't tell either).

You're both missing the point. Billions of dollars was spent on the 2016 presidential elections. How can anyone seriously think that $100,000 of Facebook ads would even blip the radar in the face of that.

Because proving that the Russians actually altered the outcome of the election isn't the end game. Mueller is going after any and all players that actively sought Russia's help or used Russia to aid them to the detriment of their opponents.

So, does that mean he's going to indict Hillary's people? They deliberately purchased information (the Steele Dossier) from Russian intelligence sources, for the purpose of influencing the election. And they did so knowing full well who they were working with.

It doesn't count when dems do it. They can lie, cheat, and steal and it's ok because they were supposed to win anyways.

boy, you are desperate to change the narrative away from trump.....this indictment is just the tip of the iceberg.....have you read the indictment?.....the republicans got played big time.....the Russians used the fierce hatred by right-wingers of anything "left", and played that up to the MAX.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
We spent all this money for a variety of legitimate reasons

That is your flawed opinion only.

We spent millions to investigate Hillary's emails and Benghazi...all for nothing.

Nothing because the same people who were involved with that also was involved with the fake, corrupt Russian nothingburger. The FBI, DOJ & Obumma administration is nothing but corruption.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Coats: “There should be no doubt that Russia perceives that its past efforts have been successful and views the 2018 midterm U.S. elections as a potential target for Russian influence operations.”

He's right: the Russians have been wildly successful at getting us to tear each other's throats out. That's why all this never-Trump crap needs to stop: it plays right into their game.

No, Trump getting elected was playing into Putin's hand, why did Putin work so hard & risk the backlash to get trump elected.

K~

Why? Russia didn't care if it was Bernie or Trump. Russia was creating discord in America. They were seeking division and chaos. They did not have to do much...the seeds were already there. They just simply watered them and allowed them to grow.

please....Bernie or Trump?....simply watered them and let them grow?.......turn off your naïve switch

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I wonder how many ATS posters will be caught up in future Mueller Russian-Troll farm indictments? We'll miss you, deaf/dumb/blind Trumpers. We'll miss you, Benghazi Hearing cheerleaders. We'll miss you, Wall-wanters. We'll miss you anti-gun control reformists. We'll miss you, rabid racists. (Not really)

Trump is Burning Trash
Worst. 'president' EVER!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: loam

Lol

That's not the only irony.

They've got a Grand Canyon-sized case of xenophobia.

No that would be the alt-reich, which is why they're willing to side with Putin a hostile foreign leader, just because he will be their great white hope to maintain their illusory level of social power in this country.

If Putin's puppet can stay in power those guys think they can keep the gays & minorities under heel.

Wow, what patriots.

K~

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Just going to leave this here as this is the new bogeyman.
www.cnn.com...

Russia-linked bots are promoting pro-gun messages on Twitter in an attempt to sow discord in the aftermath of the Florida school shooting, monitoring groups say.

Anything the left does not agree with is now "russia-linked bots"

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

You need to peel back the onion on every single one of those points. Research is your friend.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer
a reply to: theantediluvian

We'll miss you anti-gun control reformists.

Your're silly.

If you make guns illegal, would it be like having drugs illegal? We know nobody is doing drugs right?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
DP
edit on 16-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I suppose another option would be to just let everybody in the world vote in the US elections, since it's so important to everybody. Just because somebody is an American doesn't necessarily mean they know what's best for their own country, or the world.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

K~

Nope, again I keep telling you people, been telling you since last year, trump is in hock to Putin & his criminal cronies, owes bucu bucks.

Mueller has forensic accountants tearing through all these international financial transactions, it will come out.

Today is just the beginning of the money trail.

K~

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join